Star Wars Detours

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Ordo Skirata, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BW2 Jedi Master

star 2
    If i were george, i would take my lightsaber and cut seth down for this. And also for his detours show. No Parody should be an official production of the company which is beeing made parody of. Thats an oxymoron and an EPIC FAIL!

btw.

[IMG]

Star Wars is this way, Seth!
    klooney likes this.
  2. Narutakikun Force Ghost

star 4
    Sure they do, as long as that sentence also includes the terms "napalm", "horsewhipped", or "hungry piranhas".
    Last edited by Narutakikun, Mar 6, 2013
    Heero_Yuy likes this.
  3. Death T Jedi Master

star 1
    Can't wait for this to come out, if it does anyway.
  4. GunganSlayer Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Here's where Detours belongs, and hopefully, here's where it's headed:

[IMG]
  5. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    One can only hope so, GunganSlayer.
  6. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm hoping for the opposite. Those clips actually have made me chuckle. It's not stomach hurting laughter, but I've enjoyed what I saw. But if it makes everyone against it feel better, I also believe that it's not going to see the light of day.
  7. GunganSlayer Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    With the news of Clone Wars' cancellation, Lucasfilm has announced that Detours has been "postponed," which I'm sure is a nice way of saying "canceled."

This is a smart move, in my mind. The show was so bizarre to begin with. It was a parody of a very important and lucrative property made by the very people that own such property. Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm and is starting a new trilogy, putting this show in the can is a good idea, because it sends the wrong message about the franchise, especially to newcomers.
  8. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    Right. Just like Super Hero Squad was so devastating to Marvel, this would have caused lasting damage to Star Wars' image. Much like Robot Chicken and Family Guy did.
  9. klooney Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    It was too late to take back the Holiday Special, but luckily they caught Detours in time.
  10. Death T Jedi Master

star 1
    This latest announcement all but confirms that Detours is cancelled. What a shame. It probably would have been a very brief ten-episode or so project anyway. But god forbid some of you guys get your jimmies rustled. Oh well, at least there's a new Star Wars show in the works. It sounds like it'll be set in the ST era or before the prequels though, which sucks because I wanted something set inbetween 3 and 4 or in the OT era.

This is sarcasm right?
    Last edited by Death T, Mar 11, 2013
  11. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
  12. Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    Please no. Robot Chicken Star Wars was funny but we don't need this.
  13. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
  14. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Was looking forward to this
    Death T likes this.
  15. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I wonder how long this will be delayed.
  16. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not mourning this because I actually didn't laugh once at the trailer material. It didn't look funny to me.

Seth Green should get back to flying my ship instead of making an unfunny parody show.
  17. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    This wasn't the most hilarious thing I've ever seen but it was very amusing. I chuckled a lot.
  18. phatdude1138 Force Ghost

star 3
    I was lucky enough to attend the Detours preview at Celebration VI. It was the one where the surprise guest was George Lucas (the only appearance ht made at CB6).

The show and the content was funny. Not all Star Wars content HAS to be canon and have to be "dramatic and serious". I'm going to get all preachy here: I lived through the "Dark Times" with zero Star Wars. Years 1987 to 1997 (this includes the Ewok TV movies and Dorids and Ewoks cartoons that ran from 84 to 86). Anyhow, that decade was rough. All we had was the EU novels and comic books. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a lit fan, but Star Wars was born as a film (video content) and is strongest in that format.

Also having weekly shows keeping it in the public's eye is what's important. "In my day" liking Star Wars was a "nerdy" thing, and I don't mean "nerd" in a cool hipster way. Being a nerd and liking Star Wars wasn't fun. I say any show that puts out new content, even if it's "parody" based is good for the BRAND.
    Death T and Gallandro like this.
  19. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    From the clips, it was basically an animated version of Robot Chicken Star Wars, with the more "adult" content shaved down off the edges. ANYWAY, it had Seth McFarlane doing Emperor Palpatine again! Any time you lose any of McFarlane's Palpatine, I think that's a loss to humanity as a whole. So I do want to see it, for more of McFarlane Palpatine.

If we're talking people who have played Plapatine, I'd say the top 3 ever are McDirmid, Ambercromie & McFarlane. Seriously, his Empeoror gold.
  20. Narutakikun Force Ghost

star 4
    And Detours makes a detour right into the trash can.

[IMG]

Yup - dodged a bullet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.