main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Star Wars Detours

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ordo Skirata, Sep 3, 2012.

1. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    If i were george, i would take my lightsaber and cut seth down for this. And also for his detours show. No Parody should be an official production of the company which is beeing made parody of. Thats an oxymoron and an EPIC FAIL!

btw.

[​IMG]

Star Wars is this way, Seth!

klooney likes this.
  2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Sure they do, as long as that sentence also includes the terms "napalm", "horsewhipped", or "hungry piranhas".

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  3. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Can't wait for this to come out, if it does anyway.

4. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Here's where Detours belongs, and hopefully, here's where it's headed:

[​IMG]

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    One can only hope so, GunganSlayer.

6. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I'm hoping for the opposite. Those clips actually have made me chuckle. It's not stomach hurting laughter, but I've enjoyed what I saw. But if it makes everyone against it feel better, I also believe that it's not going to see the light of day.

7. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    With the news of Clone Wars' cancellation, Lucasfilm has announced that Detours has been "postponed," which I'm sure is a nice way of saying "canceled."

This is a smart move, in my mind. The show was so bizarre to begin with. It was a parody of a very important and lucrative property made by the very people that own such property. Now that Disney owns Lucasfilm and is starting a new trilogy, putting this show in the can is a good idea, because it sends the wrong message about the franchise, especially to newcomers.

8. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Right. Just like Super Hero Squad was so devastating to Marvel, this would have caused lasting damage to Star Wars' image. Much like Robot Chicken and Family Guy did.

9. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    It was too late to take back the Holiday Special, but luckily they caught Detours in time.

10. Death T

Death T Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    This latest announcement all but confirms that Detours is cancelled. What a shame. It probably would have been a very brief ten-episode or so project anyway. But god forbid some of you guys get your jimmies rustled. Oh well, at least there's a new Star Wars show in the works. It sounds like it'll be set in the ST era or before the prequels though, which sucks because I wanted something set inbetween 3 and 4 or in the OT era.

This is sarcasm right?

11. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    Right.

Death T likes this.
  12. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Please no. Robot Chicken Star Wars was funny but we don't need this.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Was looking forward to this

Death T likes this.
  15. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I wonder how long this will be delayed.

16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm not mourning this because I actually didn't laugh once at the trailer material. It didn't look funny to me.

Seth Green should get back to flying my ship instead of making an unfunny parody show.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This wasn't the most hilarious thing I've ever seen but it was very amusing. I chuckled a lot.

18. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I was lucky enough to attend the Detours preview at Celebration VI. It was the one where the surprise guest was George Lucas (the only appearance ht made at CB6).

The show and the content was funny. Not all Star Wars content HAS to be canon and have to be "dramatic and serious". I'm going to get all preachy here: I lived through the "Dark Times" with zero Star Wars. Years 1987 to 1997 (this includes the Ewok TV movies and Dorids and Ewoks cartoons that ran from 84 to 86). Anyhow, that decade was rough. All we had was the EU novels and comic books. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a lit fan, but Star Wars was born as a film (video content) and is strongest in that format.

Also having weekly shows keeping it in the public's eye is what's important. "In my day" liking Star Wars was a "nerdy" thing, and I don't mean "nerd" in a cool hipster way. Being a nerd and liking Star Wars wasn't fun. I say any show that puts out new content, even if it's "parody" based is good for the BRAND.

Death T and Gallandro like this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    From the clips, it was basically an animated version of Robot Chicken Star Wars, with the more "adult" content shaved down off the edges. ANYWAY, it had Seth McFarlane doing Emperor Palpatine again! Any time you lose any of McFarlane's Palpatine, I think that's a loss to humanity as a whole. So I do want to see it, for more of McFarlane Palpatine.

If we're talking people who have played Plapatine, I'd say the top 3 ever are McDirmid, Ambercromie & McFarlane. Seriously, his Empeoror gold.

20. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    And Detours makes a detour right into the trash can.

[​IMG]

Yup - dodged a bullet.

Lando Swarm likes this.
  21. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    What did you think about this show that has yet to come out?

40 episodes had already been made before it even released. Disney put the episodes on hold however, and they didn't want it interfering with the new trilogy. Here's a few comments on the show's situation from Seth Green:

So what are your thoughts on this. Were you looking forward to this show? Did you even know it existed?

Personally, I was looking forward to it. It seemed like a fun little comedy with the Robot Chicken skit style to it.

Also, here's some more skits if you're interested:

22. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    I was looking forward to it as well and was disappointed when they shut down the project (of course not as disappointed as with TCW..)

And I liked the Star Wars Robot Chicken stuff a lot I think this would've been similar but maybe more suitable for a younger audience

23. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think that a parody of is cool, but I don't know if doing it while carrying the Star Wars name is the best way to do it. I like some of Robot Chicken stuff and I enjoyed the Kenobi bits of the teaser and the skit, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch the series if it aired. I certainly wouldn't devote my time like I have to TCW or Rebels.

24. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    It might air on Disney Channel January 2016.

25. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I......don't like it. Robot Chicken was funny, but this feels different.