main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Star Wars Detours

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ordo Skirata, Sep 3, 2012.

1. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Personally, I believe Robot Chicken was a big reason for Star Wars resurgence in popularity after the hit it took after the PT.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I was hoping Detours was never going to see the light of day.

Lando Swarm likes this.
  3. Badger_Legion

Badger_Legion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2008
    If it's released on Netflix I'll at least watch a few episodes just to see what it's like. I don't expect much though. The trailer and clips weren't really funny, except for the parts with Obi-Wan.

4. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Here's hoping the latest rumors are false and that this remains buried eternally in Lucasfilm's warehouse, next to the Arc.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    After Jar Jar's and Battle Droids antics from the PT and TCW we need a serious show for once.
    Comedy should still happen but please tone it down from the level of those characters!

spicer and jabberwalkie like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

They could also put it on netflix.

7. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Eh, but Disney Channel would be perfect. Detours is a non-canon show made for kids and families. Rebels also give some adventurous canon for kids preparing for the Force Awakens.

8. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    Rebels is a serious show. The journey to form a rebellion takes time. That's why the show is placed five years before A New Hope.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am a big fan of Seth Green and his work he has done on The Family Guy, Robot Chicken I personally think the trailers for Detours looks good. I am hoping it hits Netflix or Xfinity O-Demand !!!!!!!!!!!:D

10. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

Detours is for kids? Isn't there a part in the trailer where some girl gets her -ss slapped?

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I think it looks good, and to the fact of it being for Kids, I would say it is Actually for Families not just kids, at least that is how it was Presented to us originally by Seth Green and LucasFilms ....

it was also supposed to be a Sitcom style Family Show.

12. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    Still, part of Disney family, there are some past live-action shows that are kind of like Detours. For example, check out So Random, sketch comedy. Detours is basically Star Wars teams up with So Random animated. Kids that like the Clone Wars might enjoy Disney Channel more if Star Wars presence was made there than Disney XD. I think Disney Channel and Disney XD could merge. Do you think both channels could just be one?

13. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    and to quote myself:
    Star Wars was made for kids. George Lucas made these movies and people say these were meant to be Disney-style. It fits perfectly. It only took 35 years from birth to find a lovable home in the House of Mouse with sibling of Pixar, Jim Henson's Muppets, and Marvel's House of Ideas.
    Now that I see it, Bob Iger, Disney CEO could retry what Michael Eisner could not, adopt the Jim Henson Company to be part of Disney. The return of the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock on Disney Channel. Sesame Street introduced and Bear in the Big Blue House returns to Disney Junior. There's also the plan of a new Labyrinth movie from Disney somewhere: <http://deadline.com/2013/04/disney-acquires-labyrinth-pitch-470961/>. I could see it now, a newspaper headline this December: The Force Is Truly Awakened with the Return to the Galaxy and Welcome for the Hensons into Disney. The Force Awakens provide so much success that Jim Henson's Company becomes Disney family. Anyone thinks Bob Iger could get the Jim Henson Company to merge into Disney? If yes, reply "The Force will always be with the World of Disney Imagination." If unsure or not, reply"I still have faith in Disney for success."

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Rebels has its moments especially with the more recent episodes but thinking of Chopper, Ezra, Zeb's antics from earlier on.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well either way it will be an interesting outcome.

16. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    I think Ezra and Hera might be the creators of the X-wing through inspiration from the Phantom attack shuttle and the Headhunter. And there should be some arc introducing Yavin to the Alliance if this comes out to be the group that forms the Alliance with Bail Organa and Mon Mothma.

17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  18. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    I think they are only releasing 30 first because that is already the nearest tens. If they released the whole thing, they might need to make another to make it 40. And if it goes successful, they'll probably make it show on TV and release the 9 there too and start a new season with the 9 probably. This will probably Seth Green's first series that actually goes on a Disney Channel probably. The 39 episodes are already made with George Lucas like how Lucas and the animation team made six seasons of Clone Wars, so as Rebels is the Jedi trial of the Filoni and the team, the future of Detours will be the same for Green and the team.
    Still, I rather have the 30 episodes debut on Disney Channel than Netflix, it's a better place, as Bob Iger (Disney CEO) said cable is still good place for us to watch shows. And with cable, you still get to watch on demand. And binge watching on Netflix, not really healthy for children.

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Hardly any shows (actually none that I know of) have a rule of even tens in terms of number of episodes, so I doubt that has anything to do with it.
    If all this is true, it is probably content-based - there is something in those nine episodes that Disney don't think fits with their plan/channel/whatever.

20. lowell

Sep 11, 2014
    Probably the Disney TV executives ran out of laughs after watching 30 episodes and these were made with Lucas, why wouldn't it fit with kids?

Lucas made the Clone Wars safe for kids. Possibly they could make this as Disney Channel's first animated PG show, after all, when they

announced the new canon novels (link: http://www.starwars.com/news/disney...unce-relaunch-of-star-wars-adult-fiction-line ),

it said, "Following today’s announcement of Lucasfilm’s new unified storytelling approach, Disney Publishing

Worldwide is proud to announce their first step into that larger world, beginning with Del Rey Books." So this could be the first step where Disney

Channel start going into more G and PG stuff than TV-Y7.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Leoluca Randisi and starocean90 like this.
  22. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    They're releasing Detours episodes? Good... Good....

23. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    @Lowell Star Wars is not just for Kids it is for Families, sesame street and Mr. Rogers is for Kids and toddlers where as Star Wars, even The Clone Wars Cartoon and, Rebels is for Families.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Thats something that sadly a lot of people don't get.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I enjoy the hell outta the Robot Chicken Star Wars series so if the combined efforts of Detours manages to make it to around 50% of the RC SW specials, I'd call it a win.