main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Star Wars Detours

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ordo Skirata, Sep 3, 2012.

1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    They should put this on Hulu or Crackle. Unless the show is legitimately bad and that's why they've put it on ice.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He'll even if it's bad I want to see it.

Hopeless and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I agree. It can be unceremoniously dumped on the youtube Star Wars channel for all I care. Or maybe on the Official Site. Don't vault it forever if episodes are finished.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It just not really fair to the people who spent their time writing the scripts and animating it.

5. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Maybe there are financial implications of "releasing" it.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe its the name of Faveau's series,lol.

SilentGuy66 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. TheSithWriter

TheSithWriter Jedi Master

Aug 7, 2003
    Despite it being unfair to those who worked on it, I was actually hoping this wouldn't ever see the light of day. To me, it looks worse than most people regard the Holiday Special.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am all for this if they do. It’s free money for Disney really since they never had to hand out cash for the show.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's a comedy series. Already done and ready for release. I see no valid reason for not "seeing the light of day", specially with the amount of parodies that have already been made and are out there. And how exactly is this comparable to the holiday special? This is basically a Robot Chicken series done in-house. Apples and oranges.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    streaming service or youtube red probably most likely if it comes out, doubt it'll land on a cable/broadcast network

12. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Bring it.

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    From the few clips I saw, it looked really lame and not funny at all, but if its already finished, I guess it would be a waste of money not to release it eventually. They could make it a starwars.com or SW YouTube channel exclusive.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'll take the Blu-ray, please and thank you. Not going to pay a subscription for this or any other Star Wars content.

B3 likes this.
  15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm glad this looks to be finally being released. Who knows if it's popular (admittedly highly unlikely given what we saw of it), maybe Disney will revive it and make a second season featuring ST characters-Kylo Ren is pretty much a parody already...

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I remember that the excuse they gave was that they were afraid of releasing a comedy series in the wake of the sequel trilogy because of the perception it would give to the younger audience being introduced to SW. Well, considering what we got...

[​IMG]

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Could land on The Netflixs, that's how we got Clone Wars S6!

18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    We know they finished 39 episodes, but do we know how long each episode is?

Is it the standard 20-25 minutes of similar shows or shorter?

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Or worse still it's actually better than all the stuff Disney has released so far...

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    release it and finish it along with TCW series. Its the least that Disney could do.

21. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    This news comes out of left field, but I suppose we shouldn't be that surprised with it. Disney needs extra fodder for their streaming service, and I bet that's where this show is heading.

Based off what has previously been released, I've never had any interest in this project and the few clips I've seen I've found cringe-worthy and unfunny. That said, I know several fans were looking forward to it, so if Disney does end up releasing it, I'll be happy for those fans to have an opportunity to watch and enjoy it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I watched some of the videos, and its weird to stupid bad almost like that awful Spaceballs cartoon. Just cause Lucas was supposedly "involved" does not mean it was any good, often it means its bad to very bad.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    spaceballs was not a cartoon...

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Spaceballs had an animated series.

25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    so, somehow I missed this. Was this basically Robot Chicken Star Wars: Family Friendly Edition?