main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Star Wars Disscussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stonermonkey, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Happily no where near the west end....sorry after growing up in a snobby area like I have encountered there, its too nice to be with down to earth people lol

2. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    Dude we are neighbors. I am @ the Madison @ spring oak. you know lisa who used to work in the office? well she is one of my friends and she lives and works here PT. see we need to get a meeting or 2 out here
    :) in the westend :)

Greg

3. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    lol, i haven't lived in a city big enough to be divided into regions in 7 years :)

i just had to add that on the bus today (sigh, i have to park almost a mile away from work and take a bus) the driver was flirting with a passenger and trying to guess what part of richmond she was from...
    "south side?"
    "no"
    "west side?"
    *laughs* "no"
    "north side?"
    "west END. it's the west END."

4. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    I just posted a thread without my knowledge earlier today about choosing my icon and I apologize 1. saying the words"tall black man" as opoosed to mace windu. I did not mean to offend anyone who may look @ this site and or who is of the african american decent. I am Sorry. And 2. I am sorry for posting my own thread b/c asa i said above i did nto know that i was posting my own one. i guess it eats up space. I am sorry about that. I will just post on the discussion from now on. So please accept my apology and I will not do either of those again.

podcivc

5. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Guess what? Rise of Nobility finally got some real push here on TFN. The fanfilms section is now hosting the B Teaser from our production as it's teaser of the week.

-here-

Just check out the image on the far right of the screen...

:)

Keith

6. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    Hey there whay isnt there anyone posting? is there nothing to talk about? I mean that is what this is for. Any little detail, just saying hello, etc. So I am posting and saying hello and going to get people to pst even if you are just saying hello and telling us that you are still alive.

podcivc

7. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    i'm alive :) just suddenly incredibly busy :p

8. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Hello, I'm alive, the cold has beaten me yet. Good to see people posting.

9. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    See that was not too hard was it? :) We have 3 people including myself "alive" in this forum. Ok lets talk more. Some one come up with something to talk about and lets "run" with it":)

podcivc

10. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Y dont you try the game thread that was started a while ago? Or start discussing the good and bad points about the bowling sites we need to choose from? or you can reread the thread on game suggestions and start a new one :)

11. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    i added to the game thread yesterday morning and no one has followed up on it yet!

12. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    I saw your addition, Sticks, I guess I just don't know how to put the creative side of my brain to work early in the morning before work, which is when I usually get on the computer. (Note the run on sentance.)

I think it would be nice to bowl at Schroeder Lanes due to the fact that most of our meetings have been on the south side and we do have members in that direction.

13. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    This is a silly news item, but if you like fruit roll ups or the like...Big Lots on Midlothian has a HUGE amount of the Star Wars rollups for $.99 a box. Plus each box comes with a 3D sticker. :p

Keith

14. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Just so you all know I think the 3D sticker is the same as the one I have in my RPG book of Maul and Obi

Nave

15. JediMstrMark

JediMstrMark Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2003
    I have a discussion question for you guys.

In watching Episode II today, I was asked how Anakin would pick "Vader" as his name, instead of Maul. I looked at the person like they had lost their mind, of course.

Sidious, Maul, Tyrannus, Vader.

I remember reading it, I think in the comics or novels, but forgot... can someone refresh me on how they got their Darth-suffix names?

Thanks!
    Mark

16. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Mark,
    I dont really know other then I think Vader was picked by Lucas before he was gonna make Darth a Sith Lord title.

Reason I think that is because Obi-Wan refers to Vader in ANH aboard the Death Star as Darth minus the Vader

"You can't win Darth. If you strike me down I shall become..."

Now you may say that Ben was simply refering to him as Darth as a title as you may refer to your Doctor as Doctor or a King as Lord. But that is the only time he is called Darth. Every other time its either, Vader, Lord Vader, Friend, etc.

I think its just one of the goof ups.
    Course if anyone else has a real reason please feel free to tell me.

Nave

17. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Has ANYONE at all seen any new action figures in Richmond????????? I haven't seen anything new in what...a year?
    Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.