main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Documentaries

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Solosaber, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Hi all...(or Y'all if you're from the south)

Just wondering what your favorite star wars documentary is. Just finished Empire of Dreams and it was awesome. Probably the best one I've seen....but I'm not sure how many docs they have made on Lucas or this franchise.

This one is about the original trilogy only...and it was excellent. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. But if there are others out there that you suggest I'd love to hear 'em.

Thanks

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    The People VS George Lucas

And now I'm running for cover....

3. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

Well, for a start, that wasn't solely about the OT, in fact, it had more to do with the PT.
    And it wasn't actually very good. It wasn't the hateful crime against GL many a devotee might think, it was just kind of lame, and a bit of a wasted opportunity.

As far as OT docos are concerned, it's pretty hard to go past Empire of Dreams - From Star Wars to Jedi was probably the best of the ones made back in the day, and was actually put online by LFL (for some reason it wasn't included on the 2011 Blu-Ray, although the other three were):

It's usually best remembered for its inclusion of the original Jabba in Docking Bay 94 footage, with Declan Mulholland as Jabba.

whostheBossk and Darth Zannah like this.
  4. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    I haven't seen it yet. Just got done watching RLM's prequel reviews and they were brilliant.

"It's SO DENSE, every single image has so many things going on." -- Never forget!

5. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Back on topic - OT documentaries

6. LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    My favourite documentaries are Empire of Dreams, From Star Wars to Jedi, Star Wars Legacy Revealed, The Making of Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back SPFX, When Star Wars Ruled The World and Star Wars: The Magic and the Mystery.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Also worth checking out is Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys, a recent documentary about the Kenner toy line that ran from '78-'85. The toy line is such an intergal part of the OT era that I think it's worthy of inclusion here.

whostheBossk and Darth Zannah like this.
  8. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Mod edit: Already stated that discussion about that topic isn't appropriate here.

empire of dreams is the best, plain and simple...I also like the making of PM

DarthSyverus likes this.
  9. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    George Lucas In Love. :p

DarthSyverus likes this.
  10. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Empire of Dreams, really enjoyed how it showed just how difficult making star wars was, and how it was a true labor of love.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  11. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Hmmm...

"Making of STAR WARS" is still a favorite of mine. We see a couple of glimpses of the cut Tatooine scenes, we hear the stars talk about the movie before it was a franchise, we hear George Lucas give a couple of ideas about a sequel, we actually see Alec Guinness answer a question from an on-set interview, and Threepio & Artoo host, with William Conrad narrating.

Besides, Mark Hamill's answer to one particular question (you'll know it when you hear it) is now utterly hilarious.

"From STAR WARS to JEDI" is a close second. It's got some good behind-the-scenes footage, some analysis of the trilogy's themes, and conclusive proof that Mark Hamill should narrate all such documentaries. And Salacious Crumb speaking English!