main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Dogfight

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by saavin2, Jul 20, 2016.

1. saavin2

saavin2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2016
    Hey guys, i made a cgi space battle called star wars dogfight and i would realy appreciate any feedback so i can make some more!

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Off to FanFilms.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I liked your use of lighting in the early portion of things, and you had some strong compositions.

One thing I'd encourage you to look at is how the speed (or, at least, our perception of the speed) of the ships changes between shots. It seemed to me like sometimes the chase between the X-wing and the TIE was going very fast and sometimes it wasn't.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    A good effort there :)

• A couple of things to look at. As a viewer the action was a bit disorientating because a ship would fly in left to right, then the next shot would go right to left, but with no motivation. Need to keep your audience orientated.
    • As was mentioned earlier you need to keep an eye on your speed.
    • Animation was jerky. Look at your graph editor and make sure your rotation and postilion graphs are smooth arcs.
    • Opening shot goes on too long with nothing happening.
    I did like the fact that it felt like you were mimicking the New Hope style of effects though. Looking forward to seeing your next one.

5. saavin2

saavin2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2016

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate that you noticed i was styling this after a new hopes shots mixed in with some new stuff. This is my first ever animation so hopefully they will improve.

PaulWrightyThen likes this.
  6. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    I've no doubt you will. Keep making!

7. saavin2

saavin2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2016

Thanks for the comment. The speeds dont change but the stars in the background move faster or slower and it was my fault for not making them visible enough, as i was trying to give it a new hope feeling. Thanks for the comment.

8. saavin2

saavin2 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2016

What would you be interested in seeing next? clone wars? a particular battle? thanks.