main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Dreams.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kowikan_monkey, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    This is just to ask, have any of you had A SW or NJO dream? I had one last night. I had just finished SBS, and I was with the jedi team and got a handful of acid thrown in my face. Strange,eh? Also, try and describe your dreams.

2. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I started a thread like this ages ago. Cool topic though, i had a NJO one last night. Forget what it was like though.

3. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I think we all have them- We're all obsessed, that's why.

4. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    I dreamed that I was stuck in a Yuuzhan Vong sacrificial husk and all my Jedi frends were very sad because they thought I was dead... and I couldn't tell them that because I was too confined by the husk!

5. Kelly

Kelly Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2001
    Which SW dream would you like me to describe? *grin*

6. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I had a dream that Anakin and Padme were sitting at a bar and that they were looking lovingly into each others eyes and Padme started to sing "first I was afraid, I was petrified..." And then I woke up... odd, huh!

I also had a dream that I was on Endor when I was in 5th grade, and after that, I was sure that I was born in the GFFA and I was taken to Earth. I was a weird kid.

7. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Freud would have interesting observations on any dream containing lightsabers (especially a dual-phased one).

8. Darth_KindaEvilGuy

Darth_KindaEvilGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2001
    I had that dream where I'm standing on a dais wearing sun god robes and hundreds of naked women are throwing little pickles at me.

SW connection?

Uhhh... Leia was there. Yeah, Leia was there.

[face_mischief]

9. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    I was dreamt I was a Grand Admiral, and I was the best Grand Admiral ever, because I conquered the universe, killed all the Yuuzhan Vong, and lived forever. Then I got killed by food poisoning.

10. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    I've found that I've had a series of strange SW dreams. They've gotten pretty weird since I started the NJO, but also because I've been rereading the Lensman series by E.E. "Doc" Smith (classic Sci-Fi from the 30s-60s and the series I took my name from). Running around with both Jedi and Lensmen is kinda weird.

I think I'll go see what happens tonight.

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Never as in depth as some have mentioned. Mine have been purchasing a book that's due out (Champion's of the Force, The Krytos Trap, and Showdown at Centerpoint). All I see is the cover and when it matters, the coloring of the letters on the cover. Of course, none of the dreams were accurate. But I did have one dream where I was reading the book, yet I had no clue which book it was. And it was a book that was not even in print yet. Then when I read it, I realized I had read a part of it before. VotF. Kinda scary. But I occasionally do see my future at times. Not like it once was where I'd have several dreams before it came true. And usually it's not until it actually happens that I remember having the dream.

12. Ornitier

Ornitier Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2000
    I once had a Moulin Rouge musicla that mixed that movie with Fianl Fantasy (sorry out of SW but...) and then The Star Wars EU... Obi-wan (yougn) somehow traveled to the future and hleps kill some people and save others... Then he has a love affiar with Jaina while Kyp and Jacen also had some strange fling together... =D

13. Jagged-Fel

Jagged-Fel Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2001
    Knight1192, that's weird, I get dreams like that too where I see myself doing something in the future but I don't really remember it until it happens in real-life. It's usually the dumbest stuff too, like me getting a test back or having a conversation with someone I haven't seen in a while. Anyway, back to the SW dreams; Almost all of the ones I have involve a lightsaber and the eventual decapitation of SW villians we all love to hate.

14. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Well, it's off to dream land for me, so here's hoping I have something to report in this thread tommorrow. 'Night!

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I dreamed I fought a final lightsaber showdown with Tsavong Lah. After almost an hour of fighting, I chop off his right arm at the elbow, and also sever his amphistaff. Some of his various Vong bio-weaponry injures me, but I stick my lightsaber through his throat and kill him.

16. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I always have dreams where I get something I really wanted and then I wake up and I'm pissed off that I don't have it. A lot of the time it has to do with Star Wars books, but one time I dreamt I was 21, and I just turned 20 recently, so I was thinking "man, where did the entire year go?" I've also had dreams where I got into a sorority, which is virtually impossible here at rpi because you need to be a lemming to get into a sorority! Ah, what the heck am I talking about now? That'll teach me to talk on the message boards when I've been out partying! I should just go to bed now, and have more warped dreams :p

Jae Angel

17. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Like any *normal* Star Wars fan of course I have Star Wars dreams. Who wouldn't???!!! ;)

Anyway, I had this dream that I was in this cantina and Wedge and Tycho were there, sitting at a table and drinking some weird purple stuff (don't ask me, it was a dream). I sat down and had a drink with them and suddenly a band started playing. David Bowie singing Rebel Rebel actually. LOL.

I realise now what the inspiration for this dream was...I was writing a Fanfic and was listening to Bowie at the time! It's funny how that sort of stuff happens! :)

Maybe I should write a SW humor about that. Dunno...maybe.

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The only two dreams about Star Wars I've ever had involve me being a Jedi Master and ruling over the Massaii on Yavin and Mara Jade as my apprentice....

I don't know but frankly I got the impression something was entirely un Jedi like about the relationship when she started groping me.

My next dream was that I was visiting the world of Oz which wasn't that different from Illonois in 25,000 A.D. it seemed with the exception of flying speeders and stuff and there Princess Ozma (dressed like Leia) ordered me to kill a Dark Jedi.

Well lightsaber duel I was disarmed by the Evil Figure and then I pulled my hold out blaster and shot him through the heart while he was on me with the weapon at my throat.

Yes...I cheated, happy?

19. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    mine are generally of two differing themes,

1) the obligatory Grand Admiral of impressive fleet conquering the unconquered.

or

2) simply living as a normal guy in GFFA settings. (eg. Cantina, Coruscant, Ord Mantell, Ithor, Corellia etc.)

the second one is generally the most satisfying because of how real they seem.
    But as for the actual content of the dreams, alas, i can never remember detail. A big problem i have with dreams, sometimes i can remember an outline, but never the fine lines.

20. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    The truely scarey thing will be if one of us dreams we're a Jedi Knight or something, laugh about the dream cause we know it could never come true, and then end up finding ourselves cast as Jedi extras in Episode III. And be in the same clothes with the same lightsaber and hair style we had in our dream.

21. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    when i was writing my fanfic (which took up most of my spare time for a year), i frequently had dreams that i was a Jedi Knight, and i was often under attack by stormtroopers (i got good at the shot-deflecting stuff), or in saber duels with dark Jedi. i lost more than i like to remember. :(

22. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Most of my STAR WARS dreams contain the women of the GFFA, and nudity.

I'm sad and pathetic. Someone help me.

23. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll see if Dr. Ruth can pencil you in for next Friday Fluke.

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I dreamed once that I was home alone at night, and Darth Vader suddenly decides to send a Stormtrooper raid on my house and I only have my bee bee gun to defend myself with. Weird huh? ;)

25. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    I actually dreamed that I saved the galaxy from the Vong using only my lightsaber. haha, like I actually could :p I don't even remember what color my saber was.

Sometimes when I stay up 'til 2 or 3 A.M. reading, I'll fall asleep and dream the end of the book. that's so annoying!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.