main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Star Wars DVD Event - Virgin Megastore - 9/11/06 - 9 pm to midnight

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueHarvest1138

BlueHarvest1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2003
    Don't know if you guys have any interest or not. I was at Walmart in Antioch last night. They already have the "new" DVDs on the shelf.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I wonder if they'll give a reward to anyone turning them in for that 6-figure fine for breaking street date!

3. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Does anyone have a Darth Vader f/x saber to bring to the event? We need one for the trivia contest.

4. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Walmart sucks. They control the dvd market too. Pathetic. I usually boycott them on principle.

5. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Cool - too bad they didn't link to the SFFF web site - we actually have more detailed info up about the event than the GGG site.

So, am I fine showing up at about 8:00? I noticed you mentioned needing people earlier to help direct people coming into the store where to get changed. If nobody else is avaialable to do that let me know and I can get there earlier if needed.

As for costumes, Do we already have a lot of Leia's showing up? I know Alison mentioned wearing her ceremonial... is anyone else wearing Leia? I just didn't want to be one of like, 5 Leia's. I'd almost rather wear Padme if that's the case.

- kay dee

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was just going to ask you to do the traditional "buns" version, Kathy. We may have a slave Leia coming to the event, and it'd be nice to have variations. Oh, and 8 pm is fine. :)

7. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hey Guys!
    Have fun tomorrow night :)
    I wish I can be there to share with
    you that day like last year.
    Take a lot of pictures for me :)

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, I'm washing the costume now so I hope it will by dry by tomorrow night! Do you know if fake weapons are OK?

9. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I'll be there around 7pm

10. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Yeah, I hope that creepy guy from last year's event does'nt ask you if he could touch your blaster again. [face_mischief] [face_sick]

11. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Sorry guys. I would have liked to have come, but I work in the mornings now, so the trip back across the bay just makes it too difficult. I could've brought my Darth Vader saber too, bummer.
    Hope you all have fun tho, and good luck with winning those great prizes I've heard about!

May the original trilogy be with you! [face_peace]

12. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I can do the table or the video game table...whicever you guys need! I guess I'll show up around 8 then? Or do you need help before then?

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy, I can bring my resin Leia blaster if you don't want to bring your MR one.

I still need a Vader saber tonight as well.

IF ANYONE HAS ONE, PLEASE BRING IT TONIGHT BEFORE 9 PM!

14. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    have fun tonight guys! I wish I was able to make it to more events, but I have a very busy schedule right now. Looking at my calendar, things won't start to quiet down until mid November (I haven't had a sat nite off since June!). Anyway, have a great time tonight!

p.s. I'll be playing in your neck of the woods later this month at Biscuits & Blues (on Mason), so feel free to stop by if you're not busy.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'd just like to thank everyone who showed up to the event last night to not only help out, but show your support as well! It really made it less stressful for me having so many of you taking care of things.

Now we can pretty much rest for the remainder of the year, with not too many "big" events in the near future. But then again, last minute things do tend to happen. ;)

16. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I will be editing the video tonight and may post a video recap of the night tomorrow. stay tuned.

17. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    hope u guys had a good time at the dvd event. i was so hesitant to buy this dvd but after going to Bestbuy this afternoon with intentions just to look at the special tin packaging and to buy Smallville season 5 dvd, i gave in and bought the $15 piece of tin and $45 worth of dvds-dvds may i add that i already own from the last original trilogy set. not only that i saw Voltron defender of the universe on dvd and bought that too.
    instead of spending $90 Bestbuy took $130 from me this week! good thing i'm not buying a PS3 or Xbox 360. for sure i'm getting a Nintendo Wii. are there any other Nintendo fanboys/girls in the sffanforce? :oops:

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I've uploaded the photos taken with my camera to the SFFF photo album. When I get photos from the rest of you (the sooner the better by e-mail) I'll update the album.

http://sffanforce.com/gallery/virgin_9-11-06/index.htm

FYI - I designed my own photoshop web template so now it's a lot easier and faster for me to do the photo albums. The long part is still cropping, rotating, and fixing red eye in each picture. So if anyone can do that ahead of time before giving me photos it would help save me time.

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt, I'd like to thank all the vendors and people who donated prizes and free giveaways on our web site. (who donated standees, MR saber, etc.) I think it's important to thank them as well and give them a plug. And thanks to you for contacting people and making this happen!

- Kay Dee

20. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Did you get me scaring the bejeebies out of that toddler? :D

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999

Well, the main sponsors were Advanced Graphics, Master Replicas, and the Virgin Megastore for all the Lego stuff. It would've been better had Sideshow Collectibles come through (I spoke to them and they said they'd send something). :( Official Pix also was going to send something, but my request got lost somehow among their e-mails, and by the time they found it again, it was too alte to send it. :( The rest of the prizes were provided by me. :)

22. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    I wonder how many copies Virgin sold. They're always overpriced.

Jedhead, that is really cool of you to donate your own stuff.

Hope you all had a good time.

Now to find an address to send the SE discs back to Lucas. It'll be more amusing than the trash, where they'll no doubtedly end up later on.

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy, I forgot to mention Super 7, who donated the t-shirts. Oops! :oops:

24. ARASHI

Apr 9, 2005
    Hi!!!
    Man! I looks by the pics like everyone have fun on Monday.
    So sad I missed it.
    I saw Ming in the trivia contest. What did you win?
    It's that ok that our member can participate. Is it cheating?(hahahahaha) no J/K
    I can see we had more people than last year and that's awesome.
    Ok. Big question? How is the new DVD with the original cut?
    is it worthy buying? I was thinking to order mine online.
    Miss you all!!

25. ARASHI

Apr 9, 2005
    ohh I almost forget.
    Who was the guy in the blue sweatshirt?
    He is kinda cute.
    Anyone got their phone number (hahahahahaha)J/K
    :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.