main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars DVD release party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediScout, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Well thought I would post this here to find who all in the OS is interested.

We were planning on having an all day viewing once the dvd is released. Ill be trooping at the Virgin Mega Store at Downtown Disney, where I will be purchasing my two copies of the dvd. Now there are two choices on what we can do.

1. We can get together Tuesday Morning sometime early, and watch the movies one after the other.

2. We can get together right after midnight and have a late night viewing.

I said I would rent a big screen tv, and I think Melanie said we could do this at her place. Im planning on taking the day off from work for the all day viewing.

Now what we need here is a list of who wants to be a part of this, and what their choice is, 1 or 2.

If youre interested please respond to this thread with just what choice you prefer, and we can see whats best for everyone.

Trying to do this so far ahead so people can take the day off. Sound good? Hope everyone can attend.

Dale

2. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    Hmm....probably would vote for 1, but getting out of work for the day might not be easy.....

Then again...2 would be good except I'm not sure if i'd want to go without sleep which would affect my ability to work the next day...

Guess I'll wait to see what other people think. :)

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    From the beginning I've been gung ho on the idea. I'm taking the Tuesday off as well, but I never even considered you guys would think up option 2. I s'pose that's my favorite, but I'll adapt to whatever gets worked out. Thanks for the post, Dale. -Campbell

4. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I took that day off & plan on doing all day Tuesday until as late as it takes but starting at midnight would be too much for me. I wouldn't be able to give it the attention it deserves that late.

I still offer for it to be at my place for those who'd like to do this.

Melanie

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    So who's got a hankering to join? I imagine Stefanie might have to bow out, what with going to school several hours away. But how about the rest of you? Anybody make the effort to get the day off and really have a chance to join in?

6. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, I had the day off from school, but since school was closed this past Tuesday due to Hurricane Frances, they decided to have school this coming Tuesday. I get out at 9:45pm. I can do anything until about 5pm that day and then anything after 10:30pm or so.

L8r

7. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I currently have this day off but was wondering if I was the only one? I had offered to host the viewing of the golden releases at my place but am curious, is anyone else coming?

Melanie

8. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I'll only be able to show during the windows I described above. I can't miss school that day.

L8r

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm up for a noon or pre-noon start time anyhow, so Mike, hopefully you can watch one, maybe two thirds of the trilogy with us. And you said "this" Tuesday, but you are meaning the 21st, right?

I'll be there, I asked for the day off ages ago. -Campbell

10. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Yeah, I meant the 21st. I was supposed to have that day off, but I don't anymore 'cause of the hurricane.

L8r

11. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    ok, sounds great!

wait.... i have to work

12. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I went to this event & was finally able to see Dale in his Scout trooper costume. It rocked. He has such an eye for detail and I'm sure it'll only get better over time. It was fun to see Brandon there & I can't wait to see the photos loaded online.

Melanie

13. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    :( grrrrr...... Aarons preordered dvd has not come in yet..

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    So my house had a revolving door on this day and we watched all the movies and some of the commentary. Dale made an appearance, so did Campbell, my friends Tom & Penny and Kien. Through out the day people came & went and only the classics remained. There was food, friends and the best movies ever. Maybe I should have an Indiana Jones party.... hmmmmm
    But why stop there, we should have a theme and go nuts at the next get together or not. It was nice just to hang out all day. Well, talk to you all later.
    Melanie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.