main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Star Wars DVD Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    No, due to a low turn-out (& I must admit that Skip was sick) they just didn't get suited up and almost walked out the door. But Rivergate did feed them though (had 10 pizzas in anticipation of the big turn-out).

Meanwhile Ryan, Paul & I soldiered on with no food and only a bottle of water. Glenn S. did get some great shots that hopefully will be posted soon. So there we were in the middle of no where late at night, the snow was 12 feet high... Maybe I'm exaggerating a little :D .

2. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    The Easter Eggs for the SW Trilogy Set from dvdreview.com:

On 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment/Lucasfilm?s release of the original 'Star Wars Trilogy' you can once again find a cool little hidden feature. To find it insert the fourth disc of the set, the one containing all the special features. From the Main Menu go to the 'Video Games and Still Galleries' section. On the following screen use your remote control to type '11' and then press the 'Enter' key. Depending on your DVD player model you may have to press the '10+' and then the '1' key. Next, type '3' followed by the 'Enter' key and then '8' once again followed by 'Enter.' This will give you access to an almost 5-minute long blooper reel with the DVD credits, consisting of hilarious clips from all three films.

All 3 movies also have 3 different kinds of menus that are selected at random when you boot up the disc. If you want to switch to any particular menu set, you can do so with a little trick, too. To get the first menu, simply press the 'Audio' button on your remote control while the FBI logo is visible. To boot up the second menu, press the '2' button during the FBI screen and in order to get to the third menu layout, press '12' ? it may be '10+' and '2' depending on your player ? and then press the '2' button once again.

3. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, after you enter the '11' you'll see a little box turn yellow next to R2. That's when you know you're almost there.

Anybody notice any other changes made to the movies? I noticed that the noise Ben Kenobi made to scare off the Sand People was a lot different in ANH. I meant to look and see if they removed Han's jacket in the close-ups in ESB before he was frozen in who-gives-a-***t (Hey, they should have also changed all of those lines..."you are going to be frozen in who-gives-a-***t). Looks like of they were going to change Boba's voice to match Jango's, they should have at least changed some of the Stormtroopers' too. Old Anakin's eyebrow removal actually looked pretty smooth. Never noticed before, but you can clearly see the Jedi temple and the senate chamber in the celebration scene on Coruscant at the end of ROTJ. And now there are Gungans in ROTJ...ugh.

4. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I know the jedi temple addition was new to the DVD, not sure about the senate chambers.

5. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Why would the Emperor not destroy the jedi temple..it is a symbol of the Jedi and all the things the Sith hate.

6. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Maybe he just converted it into a sewage processing plant just to show 'em what for.

7. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Maybe it's his executive washroom.

Anyone interested in doing a SW DVD thing at Obi-TN's next weekend? I know I'd sure be up for it! Glenn, you still offering?

8. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Ok, I broke down and bought the trilogy tonight. My DVD player will not accept the +10 button, and pressing the 1 sends it straight to the still galleries. I tried it in my PC and for some reason Interactual keeps locking up. (It worked fine 2 yrs ago, the last time I used it) WinDVD will not allow me to access any hidden features or any features on the starwars.com website.

Anybody have any suggestions?

9. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I don't have any number buttons on my DVD remote,(cheapo) so I gave up trying to access any Easter eggs.

10. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    That's a shame cause the blooper reel is great! Turned out not to need as many enters as my earlier post suggested. I don't think I "enter"ed after the 3. In the past people had difficulty hitting the bonus scenes on the episode I & II discs when using the computer.

11. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    There has been a lot of debate (or should I say complaining) about the new revisions. Well, here is an article that suports the changes. It is "to the extreme" but it suports, as I do, the right of the artist to own their own work.

Lucas

12. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I hear ya about an artist's right to tinker with their work until the day they die (even though the rest of the world may think they've lost their mind), but I'm going to hold on to my ORIGINAL VERSIONS for nostalgia. THOSE are the movies I saw as a kid & grew up with. As a tie-in with the prequels its good that he brought the special effects up to par, but the rest of the movies, in my opinion were just fine the way they were. HAN SOLO WILL ALWAYS SHOOT FIRST!!!

13. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I never bought the ep1 dvd and the only way I could access the hidden stuff on ep2 was with a computer. Hiding stuff is like that is lousey idea if ya ask me.

14. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I found this on another forum.

For anyone who can't get the bloopers on a DVD player, stick in your computer DVD drive (assuming you have one).

Go to the Still photo/game/trailer directory.

Click on the game trailer

Now change to tract 38

Viola

15. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    From TF.N:

Clone Wars Cartoon DVD Announced

The official site has announced the release of the long awaited Clone Wars cartoon DVD.

Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume 1 is released on March 22nd, 2005, a day after Season 3 debuts on Cartoon Network.

This first volume will contain Seasons 1 and 2 of the cartoon. You can read more and check out the DVD cover at the link above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.