London, ON Star Wars DVDs

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm sure by now that everyone knows about the origional trilogy coming out on DVD on Sept 21. Here's an interesting link I found, with a preview of it. And for those of you who are LOTR fans, there's a bit of a clip with Peter Jackson in it!

Amazon.com preview

I'm very excited about the DVD coming out... and since it's being released exactly one week before my birthday, it's the only thing on my birthday list. But if I do get it as a gift, it had better be widescreen this time!!!!! :p
  2. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah I found it interesting he was giving props to Star Wars because several times on the FOTR and TTT extended editions he took cheap stabs at Star Wars. I recall a comment about wizzards shooting blue lighting out of their hands. Though there was also mention that McCallum came to help out the digital team.

Interesting though that prior to SW DVD launch Lucas is releasing THX-1138 on DVD as well in a unique cover I thought was cool. I just pray its not Warner Brothers typical DVD packaging. This means though that I will have all of the films Lucas Directed on DVD and a good chunk of his productions as well. Note missing with intent, Howard the Duck. -.-
  3. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I've never seen Howard the Duck... though when Space played it this past year, it was introduced on the commercial as George Lucas' worst movie.

I didn't know that THX-1138 was coming out on DVD. I'll have to get it, if I can find it...
  4. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lol THX is horrid but I had to buy it for a projet in highschool based on George. Now its one of my rarest films. I can't wait for the DVD though I can't imagine it will have much to it.
  5. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *drools at student film inclusion* I knew it wouldnt be a mistake to pick this beauty up.

Nifty Trailer I Found
  7. Granite Jedi Padawan

Quote:
    But if I do get it as a gift, it had better be widescreen this time!!!!!
    End Quote

What... you actually think I'm going to read that message and pick up on the hint? or do you just like embarrassing me in front of your friends? :)
  8. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    only a few people know who gave me that dvd.... besides, that was two years ago, when I was just starting my collection. Now it's well known that I prefer widescreen. And besides, when was the last time you were on here????? :p

now, if only people would respond to my other messages, this board wouldn't be so dead.
  9. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    Look everyone!... Granite buys Full Screen!... Ha-hahaha....

Sorry... couldn't resist... I like to embarras when I can...
  10. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    it was an accident.... like when I bought Harry Potter, I accidently got full screen for that one.
  11. Granite Jedi Padawan

Granite curls up into a little ball... red faced from embarrassment crying "WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE ME ALONE"
  12. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I did get the DVDs for my birthday, in a nice SILVER box (or widescreen). :D Now if I could just find the time to watch them.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.