main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Star Wars: Edge of the Abyss. NJO AU-L/M,H/L,J/Tk,J/J/Z,OC/A/T/V, more--**Complete**9/13/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Charon_Force, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon_Force

Charon_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2006
    Thank you very much, Miranda. Catch up whenever you have the time. I'm glad you're still reading. :)

All righty then. rebel_cheese here with the first post-Awards post. With this, the final arcs of 'Edge Of The Abyss' are beginning (well, except for the Luke arc, which began in Striker's post). We get the aftermath of Yavin, a POV from a little-used character I think you'll all like, and the post kicks off with . . . well, it's up to you what you think of the POV character. [face_mischief]

Ready, set, go!

[b]Chapter 35[/b]

[i]Bakura System[/i]

"We have come within range of the Bakura system," the Sith standing by her said. He was a once-human like many of these puesdo-Sith she had to associate with, and he was quite burly and physically strong. His independent thinking skills, though, nullified his physical advantages. He did seem quite skilled with a blade, for all of his flaws mentally. He made a good, unquestioning stooge, if nothing else.

"Yes. We just received reports detailing there are Jedi on Bakura?" she asked. She wasn't human, and far smaller than the Sith that towered over her.

"Yes. A communication from the Sith Lady Lumiya." The female bristled the moment she heard that name. She was such a fool, and seemed to lack the conviction that defined Sith. She was trying too hard to be ruthless and brutal like a stereotypical Sith, only finding, slowly, that her personality wasn't right for it. It was something that half-woman, half-machine would have to learn in due time.

"So that means she is here, then, along with the children" the female said. She looked out through the viewport. So, despite her wildest dreams, the chance was right before her. Lumiya had utterly failed in her attempt to seize the Skywalker children, and now there were was Skywalker's niece ripe for the taking.

She supposed that if she wanted to she could seize one of the little ones, but she felt that was unnecessary. What she needed to do required a person able to mature quickly, physically and mentally. A teenager, or young adult, would suffice. A child meant a long-term committment, one the female wasn't willing to make just yet.

She longed to get her hands on a Solo. All three of them could possess so much raw power waiting to be harnessed, it was laughable that the leader of the Charon hadn't thought about taking the Solos until the female had suggested it. Ahrimane being Ahrimane, he wanted the Skywalker children dead, not thinking about the possible benefits of their survival. He would no doubt feel the same way about the Solo children if the female hadn't . . . proven her usefulness and competence to him.

She inwardly scoffed at that crazed imbecile. All Darth Ahrimane had was raw power. He no longer had any feelings of what his goals were, other than conquering and slaughter. Despite his claims at brilliance, he was just another power-crazed idiot who had contact with the Force and trillions of willing soldiers, and a growing number of slave soldiers useful as blaster fodder.

She had no intention of siding with that once-man, no longer than necessary. She had a strong feeling that, when the war was over, the control of the galaxy would not be in his hands nor the Republic's.

She had learned long ago to trust her feelings. That was how she survived among the brutish Yuuzhan Vong. That was how she was surviving in the fatalistic death cult that surrounded Darth Ahrimane. His power, while rawly immense, wasn't as powerful as the once-man believed. The female's ruse had managed to convince him that she could be trusted, that her intelligence and knowledge of the galaxy and the Force would assist him during his plundering.

He was certainly going to be in for a surprise when the whole game was played out.

The Sith had paused for a long time after the female's comment. "Is something wrong, Darth Agni? You seem quiet," the female said.

The Sith once-man sighed. "I am disappointed by that news. I was hoping that the Skywalker children and their cou

2. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Sorry, I'm behind again. [face_blush] Hopefully I'll be caught up with Flowerlady's last update when I get home from work tonight, and then I can start on the latest chapter. [face_blush]

While I'm here, CONGRATULATIONS on your win in the Best Collaborative category in the Beyond Awards! =D= It was very much deserved! :D

Ant. ]-}

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    :eek:

Ack! Ack! Ack!!!!!

Update now! Who--are they--eeeek, are they okay???

Wonderful update, but I need a new one!! I'll be waiting! ;)

PS: Congrats on your award! =D=

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    How could I forget to comment on the last update?:eek: :oops:
    Loved it. The Obi-Wan/Raynar scene at the end was wonderful.[face_love] :_| [face_love]

Those Sith are a rather mad bunch. I eonder how they managed to survive that long without getting themselves/each other killed. Ahrimane surly has his hands full only keeping them in line.

So Yavin is lost and Bakura under attack. I hope everybody gets out in time and Vergere does not get her hands on Jaina. Or if she does, Jaina will make good use of a lightsabre.[face_thinking]

5. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    It must be a summer thing to get behind on reading and responding...and i haven't even vacationed yet! Anyway, great posts. I am still loving this story.

I especially love the Anakin Solo tension, Jag attempting to play with the children, Zekk and anything about him. Oh and Obi-Wan welcoming Raynar to the afterlife....priceless.

Great stuff! =D= Keep it up! :D

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That last line. Sounds ominous. [face_worried] [face_worried]

Can't wait for Luke's situation to be picked up again. Wouldn't it be weird if he made this big sacrifice and it was all for nothing??? No, that's LOTF profic-style. :D

I'm sure you wouldn't write a riveting story just to knock off all the characters??? :oops:

Congrats on the award. =D=

The writing between the authors is always seamless and tight, and there's not a big time lag between updates. :)

7. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ok, I?m in serious catch-up mode now. Had a spot of bad luck the last few weeks that?s been keeping me from my online fun except for quick PM?s and such? it seems to be the way my life?s been the last 5 months or so. :(

Anyway, this is one heck of a mega-update, so =D= right there!

Oh, and this one?s for Flowerlady. :*

The other two seemed content at trying to hit her with Force lightening. Not enough to really harm her, just enough to irritate her.

Dang Sith with their irritating force lightning! :p

Taking a deep breath and stepping back, she made a disgusted face as the stench of the cauterized halves drift up to meet her nose. She stepped back and wiped her nose on the dirty sleeve of her flightsuit.

[face_sick]

The visuals here are amazing! =D=

What seemed an eternity ago, she and Kyp had made their way to the Temple and found Corran as he was headed to the hangar with a wounded Valin slung over his shoulders.

This was where I was going to ask how Valin was? but then I read ahead and answered my own question? I think? :confused:

Before they reached the hangar, they were attacked again; Corran and Valin got safely away but Kyp and Alex had a hard fight ahead of them to cover their comrades.

This is what I was talking about before. So I guess that means Valin?s going to be ok, if he and Corran made it out safely. [face_praying] Thank goodness!

I?m still holding out for some Valiri action in the near future, seeing as Anakin is pretty deeply involved with Sakana now, and I?ve kind of come to terms with that.

Then it happened, Alex felt Tahiri disappear from the Force. The feeling was horrible and she feared the young girl dead. Although, before the Master had time to really begin to mourn the death of her student; Tahiri came back into the Force as brightly as before.

That?s the point where Anakin?s doing his dangerous fiddling in the force, isn?t it? [face_worried] I really don?t like the sound of it now from Kyp and Alex?s reactions? it sounds really bad? [face_worried]

However, Kyp became concerned for a different reason. Just as Tahiri came back, Anakin brightness dimmed, not because of physical harm done to him, but due to Darkness caused from the Dark Side of the Force.

Sith! [face_plain] That?s exactly what I was afraid of.

*ant orders Anakin a life-sized Darth Vader helmet from eBay*

However, as painful as that was for her to relate to her Master, it was Valin?s affections for Sakana that seemed to bother Tahiri the most.

w00t!

Let the Valiri flag fly high! [face_dancing]

As much as she thought Valin and Tahiri were better suited, she felt Anakin and Sakana were unsuitable. She considered their relationship a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree completely. Alex and I are definitely on the same page here. :)

Wouldn?t it be funny if Tahiri and Valin hooked up, and Anakin?s relationship with Sakana fell apart and he was all alone? [face_laugh] I?d find that hilarious, and very deserving, given the way the little punk?s been acting towards everyone! 8-}

To the left of them, Alex saw Tahiri sitting on one of the paths of the garden while Sakana was headed out the far door; Anakin was leaning over Raynar who was a mess with a wide cauterized gash across his shoulder and chest.

Raynar?s still alive??

Suddenly Alex wondered, when she saw no other Jedi among them, if they had done all this on their own.

Now that?s a scary thought!

Suddenly, she felt the Darkness descend on Anakin as the boy held both hands over the prone form of his fallen friend. She told herself that she should stop him, but she was too amazed by what she felt in Raynar.

Saving people through evil is still evil. [face_plain] It seems Anakin Jnr has found the power to stop people from dying, just like Anakin Snr wanted to find many years ago. :( It?s ironic t

8. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    *ant cups a hand over one ear to hear echoes of ?Back so soon?? ring out around her tiny kitchenette*

:p

Two 20-page updates to read in one night :eek: I?m on a roll!

Here you go, Rebel, my belated review!

"We have come within range of the Bakura system," the Sith standing by her said. He was a once-human like many of these puesdo-Sith she had to associate with, and he was quite burly and physically strong. His independent thinking skills, though, nullified his physical advantages. He did seem quite skilled with a blade, for all of his flaws mentally. He made a good, unquestioning stooge, if nothing else.

What a wonderful opener! =D= So much information packed into a tight space there, and I?ve really got a better feel on all these semi-human Sith walking around.

She supposed that if she wanted to she could seize one of the little ones, but she felt that was unnecessary. What she needed to do required a person able to mature quickly, physically and mentally. A teenager, or young adult, would suffice. A child meant a long-term committment, one the female wasn't willing to make just yet.

Yes.. why wait to mould a child to the evils of the Sith when you can do it so much easier with a full-grown teenager? Although, I think they?ve picked the wrong Solo o_O

Despite his claims at brilliance, he was just another power-crazed idiot who had contact with the Force and trillions of willing soldiers, and a growing number of slave soldiers useful as blaster fodder.

Reminds me of Palpatine. :p

She had no intention of siding with that once-man, no longer than necessary. She had a strong feeling that, when the war was over, the control of the galaxy would not be in his hands nor the Republic's.

Hers, perhaps? o_O

She had learned long ago to trust her feelings. That was how she survived among the brutish Yuuzhan Vong.

Wait a minute? [face_thinking] Is this Vergere?? :confused:

The Sith once-man sighed. "I am disappointed by that news. I was hoping that the Skywalker children and their cousin wouldn't be on this planet. This means I must hold back. I cannot set the whole planet ablaze like I did to Adumar."

Damn! I guess he?d better put the thermals back then 8-}

"What about the Skywalker children?" the once-man asked.

Kill them all?

The female decided it was best to directly answer. For now, she had to abide by Ahrimane's edicts anyway. "Whatever happens, happens. If you think you can kill them, go ahead. However, they are not of my personal interest. As long as you make the children's deaths painless . . . I don't see why not."

Painless? *ant scoffs* What?s wrong with a little pain between Sith? :p

"You don't make that exception with teenagers and adults," the female said.

Sucks to be them!

Agni gave a dutiful salute, and a great big sigh. "It shall be as you say, Vergere. Show me, the Sith, and the Charon why the great Master has placed his faith in your ability."

w00t! [face_dancing] I was right? for once..

Just remember, Agni, Charon . . . everything I tell you is the truth.

And everything I tell you, Jaina Solo . . . will be a lie.

I await to see which treatment brings out the most brilliance.

LOL! [face_laugh] Fantastic! Vergere at her tantalizing best!

He wished he could blame this on someone, Kyp Durron in particular.

I?ll bet. :p But give Kyp some credit? he did kinda save his life earlier? ;)

Why couldn't it have been Durron who had gotten hit in the head? Force knew Durron's head was as hard as durasteel.

LOL! [face_laugh] And as thick as, sometimes, but I love him for it. [face_love]

"But where can we possibly run to, that isn't within range of the Charon?"

The Maw?

Alex Winger began speaking for the Avengers. "We have Corran Horn, Kyp, and myself, of cou

9. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Wow...:eek: excellent chapter!

Eagerly awaiting the next post!:D

10. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    ginchy:

Ack! Ack! Ack!!!!!

That's one way to interpret the post. :p

Update now! Who--are they--eeeek, are they okay???

I will say that Zekk's warning might have given them enough time to react and protect themselves.

Wonderful update, but I need a new one!! I'll be waiting!

When padawanlost's post is ready there'll be one, I will promise that. ;)

PS: Congrats on your award!

Thanks. :)

MsLanna:

How could I forget to comment on the last update?
    Loved it. The Obi-Wan/Raynar scene at the end was wonderful.

I think Striker wrote that quite well myself.

Those Sith are a rather mad bunch. I eonder how they managed to survive that long without getting themselves/each other killed. Ahrimane surly has his hands full only keeping them in line.

Yeah, I think that's how it is with a lot of Sith. I'm sure there are a few that are saner than everyone's favorite Sith pryomaniac, though. However, it does seem the majority of Ahrimane's Sith Order is half-sane at best other than Lumiya and Vergere (if you consider her a Sith). [face_thinking] And of course, both Lumiya and Vergere want to kill Ahrimane, so he has his hands full with those two as well.

So Yavin is lost and Bakura under attack. I hope everybody gets out in time and Vergere does not get her hands on Jaina. Or if she does, Jaina will make good use of a lightsabre.

I guarantee that Jaina will make good use of a lightsaber, but I will not say whether it matters or not. Both Lumiya and Vergere have designs on Jaina and she's out there by her relative lonesome on an isolated planet . . .

Thanks for reading, MsLanna. :)

iamobiwan1970:

It must be a summer thing to get behind on reading and responding...and i haven't even vacationed yet! Anyway, great posts. I am still loving this story.

I got behind on the books I was planning to catch up on myself. Only one I managed to read immediately was Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows. I'm behind on too many stories, too. But, thank you. I'm glad you're still reading and enjoying this story when you can.

I especially love the Anakin Solo tension, Jag attempting to play with the children, Zekk and anything about him. Oh and Obi-Wan welcoming Raynar to the afterlife....priceless.

I personally think Anakin's middle name should be 'tension'. :p Anyway, thanks for all of that. And yes, Obi-Wan welcoming Raynar is a good scene, Striker handled that quite well in only a few paragraphs.

Great stuff! Keep it up!

I can say that we all will try to keep it going.

Jade_eyes:

That last line. Sounds ominous.

Yeah, I think they are in a bit of trouble. That explosion was really close . . . [face_worried]

Can't wait for Luke's situation to be picked up again. Wouldn't it be weird if he made this big sacrifice and it was all for nothing??? No, that's LOTF profic-style.

Eh, I think LOTF is better than that, but I think I'm in the minority on that issue on the team and on these boards. And Luke would not sacrifice himself for nothing. Especially here. I will say that. If Luke were to die he'd make sure it would be for something.

I'm sure you wouldn't write a riveting story just to knock off all the characters???

No. We have two other fics to knock off characters in. :p In all seriousness, there weren't as many casualties on Yavin as you think. You will see several familiar faces wherever the Jedi go, not to mention that several of them were not on Yavin to begin with, like Kenth Hamner and Kyle Katarn. And Keyan Farlander is still alive, albeit in Charon territory.

Congrats on the award.

Thank you. :) It was a great honor.

The writing between the authors is always seamless and tight, and there's not a big time lag between updates.

That's what we shoot for. We all rotate

11. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Jedi-Ant
    Ok, I?m in serious catch-up mode now. Had a spot of bad luck the last few weeks that?s been keeping me from my online fun except for quick PM?s and such? it seems to be the way my life?s been the last 5 months or so. :(
    Oh, trust me I understand. I am so far behind in my reading it isn't funny...
    Anyway, this is one heck of a mega-update, so =D= right there!
    Thanks...I had a lot of help though...[face_blush]
    Oh, and this one?s for Flowerlady. :*

The other two seemed content at trying to hit her with Force lightening. Not enough to really harm her, just enough to irritate her.

Dang Sith with their irritating force lightning! :p
    Don't you know it!!![face_laugh]
    Taking a deep breath and stepping back, she made a disgusted face as the stench of the cauterized halves drift up to meet her nose. She stepped back and wiped her nose on the dirty sleeve of her flightsuit.

[face_sick]

The visuals here are amazing! =D=
    Thanks...When I write it's like I see the story play out in my head. I've always been like that, even back in a day when I was in high school...But lately I've just gotten better at taking my time and describing what I see in my head for the reader to see as they read.
    What seemed an eternity ago, she and Kyp had made their way to the Temple and found Corran as he was headed to the hangar with a wounded Valin slung over his shoulders.

This was where I was going to ask how Valin was? but then I read ahead and answered my own question? I think? :confused:
    You probably did...
    Before they reached the hangar, they were attacked again; Corran and Valin got safely away but Kyp and Alex had a hard fight ahead of them to cover their comrades.

This is what I was talking about before. So I guess that means Valin?s going to be ok, if he and Corran made it out safely. [face_praying] Thank goodness!
    Yep...
    I?m still holding out for some Valiri action in the near future, seeing as Anakin is pretty deeply involved with Sakana now, and I?ve kind of come to terms with that.
    Just stay tuned...I hope we don't disappoint...
    Then it happened, Alex felt Tahiri disappear from the Force. The feeling was horrible and she feared the young girl dead. Although, before the Master had time to really begin to mourn the death of her student; Tahiri came back into the Force as brightly as before.

That?s the point where Anakin?s doing his dangerous fiddling in the force, isn?t it? [face_worried] I really don?t like the sound of it now from Kyp and Alex?s reactions? it sounds really bad? [face_worried]
    Yeah I think you should be worried...
    However, Kyp became concerned for a different reason. Just as Tahiri came back, Anakin brightness dimmed, not because of physical harm done to him, but due to Darkness caused from the Dark Side of the Force.

Sith! [face_plain] That?s exactly what I was afraid of.
    [face_devil]
    *ant orders Anakin a life-sized Darth Vader helmet from eBay*
    [face_laugh]
    However, as painful as that was for her to relate to her Master, it was Valin?s affections for Sakana that seemed to bother Tahiri the most.

w00t!

Let the Valiri flag fly high! [face_dancing]
    I agree....[face_love]
    As much as she thought Valin and Tahiri were better suited, she felt Anakin and Sakana were unsuitable. She considered their relationship a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree completely. Alex and I are definitely on the same page here. :)
    I think Alex thinks as a lot of folks do...
    Wouldn?t it be funny if Tahiri and Valin hooked up, and Anakin?s relationship with Sakana fell apart and he was all alone? [face_laugh] I?d find that hilarious, and very deserving, given the way the little punk?s been acting to

12. Charon_Force

Charon_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2006
    padawanlost here with what is most likely my last chapter in this story. Rest assured, I'll be waiting for you once we start up the second installment of our trilogy. Until then, I hope you all enjoy.

thanks as always for your support, alex

Chapter 36

Thanas Apartment, Bakura

Before Jaina knew what she was doing, her muscles had already sprung her body into action, the Force pushing her off the spiraled staircase toward the center of Malinza?s living room. Her depression over Yavin had kept her so preoccupied that seeing Zekk had almost been a welcome distraction; indignation over his rude behavior with Jag, and the obvious feelings he hardly bothered to hide in the Force. Now those concerns disappeared. The bond she and Zekk had once forged in the Force, one of redemption and caring still lingered, but even at its strongest, even a bond like her aunt and uncle shared would be dimmed by the darkness that she felt suddenly surrounding the Thanas apartment.

Bakura?s time of respite had run out.

She landed beside Jag, who still led Padme and Ben by the hand; knocking all three to the floor a second before the explosion blew the transparasteel viewports into billions of lethal shards. Rolling over the three prone forms on the littered carpet, Jaina filled herself with the Force, enveloping herself in its warmth. Only a few meters away, she felt Zekk doing the same. The worst of the Shadow Academy, Tamith Kai, Lomi Plo, even Zekk himself when he had fallen to the dark side, the feelings of dread and despair their presence had given had never touched the hate radiating off the being Jaina could feel entering the room from Malinza?s balcony. She felt her skin prickling, and a cold sweat chilling everything.

Under her, Padme?s scream pierced the rumble of the explosion, and Jaina sprang to her feet, violet lightsaber snapping to life. Letting her connection to the Force guide her, the blade dipped low, catching the glowing tendrils of a weapon Jaina had never seen before. Sparks flew, as if two lightsabers had struck, but the being, the woman, wielding the other weapon was still on the other side of the room.

?Lumiya,? Zekk called disdainfully, jumping to Jaina?s side, his own glowing blade held confidently forward. ?Master Skywalker warned me to expect you to show up. He figured you?d try helping the Sith, ingratiating your horrid existence into their philosophy of hate.?

It was a woman?s voice that laughed back, but twisted, mechanical. Stepping into the light, her veiled face and triangular headdress conjured frightening childhood memories. Shira Brie, and her horrible transformation into Lumiya, Lady of the Sith, was the last painful legacy of Anakin Skywalker?s own transformation into Darth Vader that the Jedi had yet to redress. Maimed in combat, her hatred for Luke Skywalker was legendary, though feeling it first hand, Jaina couldn?t help but wonder what could put any being in so much pain.

?Hate sustains them?, she heard her uncle?s voice whispering in a lecture on the dark side she had attended years before, just before her own experiences at the Shadow Academy.

?Those are strong words, Zekk Starwind, though I?m sure Luke couldn?t be that bitter. I remember times when he didn?t find my existence so horrid.? Laughing again she moved closer, only a step at first, then another, drawing her whip back to her hand. She seemed relaxed yet every move radiated her confidence. ?And, Jaina Solo. My, you do look like your grandmother. That would have pleased your grandfather.?

?Shut up,? Jaina interjected coldly, recoiling at how quick Lumiya had influenced her emotions. Stepping forward, blade still at low guard, she put herself completely between Lumyia and her cousins. ?You have no right to speak of my family.?

?But, Jaina, you should consider me an aunt. In many ways, I?m more Anakin Skywalker?s daughter than your mother is. He taught me??

The blade in her hand rose from a defensive pose to an offensive one, and Ze

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderfully moving update. :_| for Jaina though. I think Jacen's a rock in this, will grieve terrribly but move on .... eventually. But Anakin... may just go off the deep end??? Argh!! [face_worried]

Let me say, I'm glad this is just the first installment. :) I was thinking how's the whole plot gonna wrap up? It's amazing not only that you've been able to all stick together through one epic, but eventually two more. :D =D=

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, a wonderful update.[:D]
    Loved the Zekk, Jaina, Lumiya triangle, that was very well done.
    And indeed, Jaina made good use of her lightsaber.[face_dancing]
    Though I had hoped Lumiya would be done for. *sigh* Would have been too easy.:(

Vergere:mad:
    Can I import somebody to step on her? [face_batting] That is one chicken I'd like to see on the grill...

?Jaina?s dead, Tenel Ka. Jaina?s dead.?

Now they think Jaina is dead. I just hope they don't do anything foolish. And, of course, I can't wait to see the reunion.:D

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Wait! Wait! Is Jaina dead?? Or is she in for somethings worse than death? [face_worried] :_| She fought so bravely and got her cousins away from the Sith. Oh, man. Excellent, and gut-wrenching update--now I need to know--is Jaina dead?? Goodness, I hope not.

Wonderful and thanks for the PM! =D=

16. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I am guessing that Jaina's perceived death will prevent her family from commissioning a search and rescue operation. Great upate. I am interested in how Leia and more importantly Anakin reacts to Jaina's fate.

17. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Just so you know, I plan on getting a review done for the latest chapter this week.. :)

RC: Thanks for your congratulations. And I'd like to say congratulations for winning 'Best New Author' as well.

[face_blush] Aww, thanks, mate! :D [:D]

Ant. ]-}

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Just so you know, I plan on getting a review done for the latest chapter this week.. happy

Thanks, your reviews have really kept us going.

Our next chapter is already done and I'm anxious to hear your comments on all the Anakana bits.

;-)

19. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ooh.. Anakana!! [face_devil] Excellent!! You know, that really is a ship I love to hate.. I actually really look forward to the Anakana parts. :) I?m used to the idea of them together now, and I love all of Sakana?s evilness. ;)

padawanlost here with what is most likely my last chapter in this story.

Last chapter.. aww.. I?m sure you?ll go out with a bang, alex! :D

*settles in for the ride*

Oh, by the way, I?ll do this review in parts, as my computer time is almost up this evening (uni has just started back, and my partner has assignments to do).

The bond she and Zekk had once forged in the Force, one of redemption and caring still lingered, but even at its strongest, even a bond like her aunt and uncle shared would be dimmed by the darkness that she felt suddenly surrounding the Thanas apartment.

That doesn?t sound good.. but given little Padme?s reaction from earlier, I didn?t expect a good outcome for the guys on Bakura. :(

She felt her skin prickling, and a cold sweat chilling everything.

I just watched Prisoner of Azkaban a few hours ago, and that there really reminded me of the Dementors. *shivers*

Letting her connection to the Force guide her, the blade dipped low, catching the glowing tendrils of a weapon Jaina had never seen before.

A light whip?? :confused:

Maimed in combat, her hatred for Luke Skywalker was legendary, though feeling it first hand, Jaina couldn?t help but wonder what could put any being in so much pain.

I love that.. ?her hatred for Skywalker was legendary?? =D= Well done!

?And, Jaina Solo. My, you do look like your grandmother. That would have pleased your grandfather.?

Emotional manipulation at its finest. [face_plain] One of the Sith?s greatest weapons.

?But, Jaina, you should consider me an aunt. In many ways, I?m more Anakin Skywalker?s daughter than your mother is. He taught me??

?? everything I know.?

The blade in her hand rose from a defensive pose to an offensive one, and Zekk moved forward, matching her distance from Lumiya, calling to his friend, ?Don?t Jaina. Can?t you see what she?s trying to do? Center yourself.?

She should listen to Zekk. He knows what he?s talking about, because he?s been down that road before. [face_worried] But something tells me Jaina?s just going to ignore him? maybe it has something to do with her past stubborn behaviour?

?And now my opportunity stands before me. Your precious little lives are the only thing I have ever considered to be possible compensation for what your father took from me. I?d wanted to kill you, but that?s a pain too quick, one your father might recover from. When you join me, accepting the darkness that is inside you, that will be the beginning of what Luke Skywalker deserves.?

Talk about a woman scorned!! You certainly don?t want to mess with this one!

Zekk felt Jaina leaping too late to stop her. Her lightsaber slashed forward, in an uncharacteristically powerful strike, unlike the fluid acrobatic defensive style Jaina had always favored.

That?s very sneaky, alex! [face_mischief] Am I witnessing the beginnings of a darkside descent for Jaina?? Well, maybe not, but even still, the subtlety of having her attack out of her comfort zone shows me that she?s at least letting Lumiya?s words get to her more than she should, which is a scary thing indeed. [face_worried]

The Force whispered to him, and his weapon swirled in the space around him, intercepting each deadly point centimeters from his flesh. Unlike the clash of lightsabers, where sabers could lock on the energy each channeled, the strikes from the lightwhip were like blaster bolts, splattering off the constant strength of the Jedi weapon, only to coil

20. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Back with a little more! My partner finished his work faster than expected..

?Jaina did give me something. She gave me a second chance.? His head snapped back toward Lumiya, ? So I?ll give you one. Turn back from the Sith. You know the Charon are going to destroy this galaxy if we don?t all stand strong. You can redeem yourself. Help us stop them.?

Ooh, bravo Zekk!! =D=

[/harry_potter_voice] ? try for some remorse, Riddle? :p Sorry, I just can?t get HP out of my head tonight.

?Oh, you are a student of Skywalker. Redemption will not save this galaxy.? Her whip uncoiled again, humming, a glow of deathly yellow radiating from it.

And evil will? o_O

In a flash the whip had leapt forward, possessed of its own vicious will. Jaina felt the searing pain of the glowing tendril trace a deep burn across her chest just below her collarbone as she dodged seconds too late.

Jaina! I just knew Lumiya had more wickedness up her sleeve! [face_worried]

Over the hum of her lightsaber, and pulse of the lightwhip, the screams of all three Skywalker children suddenly broke through the shield she had erected in her mind. Pain seemed everywhere. Her cousins? fear surged with their untrained Force potential, adding to the chaos Lumiya?s disruptive burst of dark side energy had left, but in the center of it was Zekk: lying on the floor clutching a deep slash in his stomach.

That certainly is a deadly combination ? all that darkside energy, coupled with the fear, the untrained Jedi minds of the kids.

And now Zekk?s injured, too? [face_worried] Not a good sign at all.. everything?s about to go pear-shaped for the Jedi, I fear. :(

Sensing Lumyia preparing to strike, Jaina was overcome with a feeling she couldn?t help: anger.

Uh-oh? darkside Jaina rears her ugly head.. *gulps*

?Oh, so you want to play with the dark side, Miss Solo. That would make grandfather proud.?

LOL! [face_laugh] That was my first thought before, too, but I didn?t say it, as I remembered I?d said something similar in the last post about her brother, Anakin. [face_plain]

Looks like Jacen?s the only untainted Solo at this point. Ironic? o_O

Knowing it was prepared to strike again, Jaina took a defensive stance over Zekk, both blades waiting, poised like a great set of glowing fangs. ?I said, don?t talk about my family.?

Is that a two-sabred stance like that of Anakin Snr over Dooku? [face_worried]

Staggering back, desperate to dodge the onslaught, Lumiya suddenly found herself near the edge of the blown-out viewport, the hilt of her lightwhip desperately holding the twin blades only centimeters from her neck.

The Sith voice in Jaina?s head whispers ?Push her? do it...? :p

Eye to eye with Lumiya, and matching every move the Sith made, Jaina felt a sudden calm, not the euphoria of battle, but the beauty of the Force flowing through her.

Or the beauty of the darkside.. either one. But I?m very, very concerned for Jaina?s allegiance now.

The compassion of the Jedi had always been their most exploitable weakness.

Yes [face_plain] And the Sith just know how to use that weakness to their advantage. :(

Despite their dampening effect on the Force, she would have no problem using the probe in her index finger to deactivate the control panel.

Excellent. Sounds like she has more than a few tricks up her sleeve.

The young man ducked with a fighter pilot?s reflexes and drew a blaster, releasing three quick blasts.

A bold move, but sadly, Jag is no match for her.

Over the howl of the repulsolift, Lumiya hadn?t heard the hum of the lightsaber lofting through the air behind her, stabbing through her right side just between her spine and shoulder blade, flesh melting into the wires that controlled her totally cybernetic right arm. Through the pain, the last image she remembered was the violet bla

21. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

Jade_eyes

Wonderfully moving update. :_| for Jaina though. I think Jacen's a rock in this, will grieve terrribly but move on .... eventually. But Anakin... may just go off the deep end??? Argh!! [face_worried]

Well, I think its safe to worry for at least one of them, if not the whole family. And that includes the Skywalker children, who are much more perceptive than even Skywalker children have a right to be.

And yes, we agreed when we started that this was a long story, and one that we were all excitedly committed to. So stay tuned.

MsLanna

Loved the Zekk, Jaina, Lumiya triangle, that was very well done.
    And indeed, Jaina made good use of her lightsaber.
    Though I had hoped Lumiya would be done for. *sigh* Would have been too easy.

You weren't the only one that thought Lumiya was finished. When I was previewing this with the team, several had to read twice to make sure I hadn't really screwed up our plans.

Vergere :mad:
    Can I import somebody to step on her? [face_batting] That is one chicken I'd like to see on the grill...

Drawing the animosity of fans like no one else, I think we can all agree that she was the most compelling and different character in the profic-NJO. It would have been a shame not to play with her here. Though I do like that grill idea. Let me get back to you ;)

Now they think Jaina is dead. I just hope they don't do anything foolish. And, of course, I can't wait to see the reunion.

Reunion? So you want Jacen dead too?

ginchy

Wait! Wait! Is Jaina dead?? Or is she in for somethings worse than death?

Hmmm? Difficult to see the Dark side is. Trust your feelings. That's what everyone else has to do for now.

padawan3

Iam guessing that Jaina's perceived death will prevent her family from commissioning a search and rescue operation. Great upate. I am interested in how Leia and more importantly Anakin reacts to Jaina's fate.

It is interesting that we have two Solo kids left to deal with the death of one, rather than how both their deaths were heaped on Jaina at the end of Star By Star. You'll just have to tune in next time to see how far we diverge this timeline from the pros. Needless to say, no one will take it well. I haven't, and I wrote it. Lets see Traviss kill Boba and see how she feels about it :_|

Jedi-Ant

just watched Prisoner of Azkaban a few hours ago, and that there really reminded me of the Dementors. *shivers*

Wow, there's an idea, Sith posessed Dementors [face_thinking]

Emotional manipulation at its finest. One of the Sith?s greatest weapons.

And the quickest way to get to a hot-headed Skywalker.

Am I witnessing the beginnings of a darkside descent for Jaina?? Well, maybe not, but even still, the subtlety of having her attack out of her comfort zone shows me that she?s at least letting Lumiya?s words get to her more than she should, which is a scary thing indeed.

Yeah, well... I just had this image of little (since she's even shorter than her mother) Jaina swinging strong, determined strikes like Anakin fighting Dooku in RotS, totally in control of it, purely on instinct. I thought it might take Lumiya aback for a moment.

Ooh, I do love your Lumiya! So very cunning and evil ? you write her well.

Thank you [face_blush] I've grown to really like her, and find her very interesting to try to get inside of. She is a woman deeply scorned, but she isn't a mindless killer like most Sith in Ahrimane's order.

Ooh, bravo Zekk!!

Yup, and here I am a J/J'er being nice to Zekk- don't report me. Now if only Lumiya would listen to him.

That was my first thought before, too, but I didn?t say it, as I remembered I?d said something similar in the last post about her brother, Anakin.

Looks like Jacen?s the only untainted Solo at this

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Ossus

There were planets that the Sith had dominion over. Korriban, Ziost, Malachor IV, and other evil places that the Jedi would not and could ever feel at home in. Strangely, Luke had taken the opposite view and done his best to transform Vjun and Yavin IV into homes for the Jedi Order. Vjun was now a planet that no longer pulsed with the Dark Side but glowed with the brightness of the Jedi Order.

Ossus was a planet that the Jedi ruled. Even when Exar Kun had destroyed most of its surface, it was a place that glowed with the light side. Ossus and Ruusan were planets that belonged to the Jedi Order. They were planets that Darth Ahrimane wanted to see destroyed or corrupted more than anything.

That's why we can't let them proceed, Anakin Solo said as his X-wing settled down on the grassy planet's surface. Sakana was a slightly better pilot than him, something he was loathe to admit and had reached the planet first.

After the starfighter had leveled down, the two young Jedi apprentices walked along the darkness of the night sky. Neither of them remotely resembled their fifteen years and looked more like adults of eighteen thanks to the events they'd gone through. Frankly, Anakin had 'cheated' to use the Force to aid in his muscle and bone growth. It was something he was grateful for, since it helped him survive the Charon's attack. Sakana just matured faster than most girls.

"We shouldn't be here without a Master," Sakana said under her breath. "It's a trap."

The Ossus plains were covered in verdant rolling hills and beautiful grasslands. The spirits of a thousand years of Jedi teaching were located here. Many times the Jedi had recolonized Ossus and always they'd left because the time was not yet right. Luke had felt the time was right. There was an Academy here but it had been abandoned because all of the apprentices had chosen to join the fight against Ahrimane.

"Of course, it's a trap...." Anakin said softly. "But they'll kill the kid otherwise. Do we know his name?"

Sakana paused before saying. "Wolf, his name is wolf. He was found in a garbage bin by Master Skywalker while traveling Iridonia. He's been adopted by the Jedi Order. We're the only family he knows."

Anakin looked over at Sakana for a second, surprised she knew. "Huh."

Sakana looked away and said. "I helped out in the nursery with Master Tionne. Given all the other girls hated me and I didn't like them, it seemed productive to use my non-study time to do something....."

"Productive?" Anakin raised an eyebrow to her.

"I like kids!" Sakan snapped back. "Is that a crime now?"

Anakin shrugged his shoulders and said "No, it's just you don't seem to be the nurturing type."

Sakana sighed and shook her head. "I just don't know how to be around people without being defensive. No one trusts me."

Anakin rolled his eyes. "Sakana, did it ever occur to you that you're a hard girl to get to know? I know most of the students at the Academy. I grew up there. Some of them are genuine snobs and witches. Not the Danthomir kind either. You never gave some of the nicer ones a chance, though."

Sakana shook her head. "Tahiri never liked me from the beginning."

Anakin agreed to that. "That was because she was jealous. Tahiri, errr....well....."

Sakana looked at him. A curious look passed across her face. "What?"

Anakin scratched the back of his head. "You're only a little older and developed a lot faster. I sorta....err....pointed that out for her distaste."

Sakana blushed and blinked at the supposition. It made her uncomfortable and very aware that they were now totally unsupervised. She sucked in her breath. That's a ridiculous thought! We're not nearly old enough for that sort of thing. Kissing? Yes. Certainly. But....oh goodness, what if he tries something! Boys do that! Master Lottson pointed that out! All of them are nerfs!

"Sakana, are you alright?" Anakin looked at her strangely. "Are you overheated?"

"NO! NO! Everything's fine! I'm fine....." She looked away from Anakin. "Uhhh.....how are you?"

"

23. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Sweet! An update so soon! :cool:

*saves place*

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ant?s review: part 1?

Nice intro.. :)

Sakana was a slightly better pilot than him

And I bet that really gets to him, too. :p Sounds like Ani needs to practice a bit more?

Frankly, Anakin had 'cheated' to use the Force to aid in his muscle and bone growth.

LOL! [face_laugh] What?s even more funny is that I can totally see him doing this (and if he really did in canon, oops, my bad, because I haven?t exactly read all the books, only a handful or so that I?ve been able to get my hands on. Star Wars books are hard to come by in Oz).

"We shouldn't be here without a Master," Sakana said under her breath. "It's a trap."

"Of course, it's a trap...." Anakin said softly. "But they'll kill the kid otherwise. Do we know his name?"

Well, at least he recognizes the fact..

Sakana paused before saying. "Wolf, his name is wolf. He was found in a garbage bin by Master Skywalker while traveling Iridonia. He's been adopted by the Jedi Order. We're the only family he knows."

A garbage bin?? Oh, how horrible!! [face_sick] And now he?s captured by evil Sith and Charon.. that kid?s certainly had a harder life than most.

Anakin shrugged his shoulders and said "No, it's just you don't seem to be the nurturing type."

He?s right there! 8-}

Sakana shook her head. "Tahiri never liked me from the beginning."

I think Tahiri would say a similar thing about Sakana..

"Sakana, are you alright?" Anakin looked at her strangely. "Are you overheated?"

Overheated?!? [face_laugh] LMAO!! Classic!

"NO! NO! Everything's fine! I'm fine....." She looked away from Anakin. "Uhhh.....how are you?"

Smooth. :p After all that snogging, now things turn awkward. o_O

Tahiri used to get that same look all the time whenever he talked about physical development. I mean, why get embarrassed over it when it was so nifty?

Typical man POV. :rolleyes: [face_laugh] Anakin always has been clueless when it comes to girls, hasn?t he? Do you think it has something to do with his father?

That was when there was a large hooting calls, drums, and horns blown around them. A vast number of giant riding Neks ran over the sides of the hills and encircled them. Over a hundred men in Sith warrior masks lifted their spears upwards over their heads and downwards at the two newcomers.

Sithspit!! [face_worried]

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Anakin muttered at the new situation they'd found themselves in.

I?d say it?s a little bit more than a feeling.. a huge bunch of Sith on giant Neks.. it?s nothing they can?t handle, right?

Luke Skywalker was glad for hibernation trances. Privately, he suspected he had clocked more time in the cockpit of an X-wing than any other man alive.

[face_laugh] I wonder, do they have a Guinness Book of Galactic Records in the GFFA?

The little droid said [Luke, do I have to repeat that I think this is a really dumb idea?]

"You also thought Dagobah was a dumb idea. That worked out pretty well," Luke commented to his droid.

That one?s open for interpretation? :p

[Yes, crash landed in a swamp planet for a month. Went wonderfully,] R2 had an elegantly developed sarcastic side.

I love that you commented on R2?s sarcastic side, because that?s totally how he appears in the movies. I [face_love] R2!!

Of course, Anakin had been providing plenty of advice from beyond the grave to his family. I just hope it's enough to see them through this.

He?s already tried to help Anakin Jnr loads? he ignored him, though. [face_plain]

The Jedi Master began chewing down on the granola that he'd lived on during the Rebellion.

Lucky Jedi have under-developed taste buds. :p

"Zoop Zip Zoop Beep Bloop Jomp Bloop Zook," R2 swore up a storm about Luke's causal talk of breaking the laws of physics.

LOL!

"Did you learn that language

25. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Pfft. [face_not_talking] Since I don't believe Jaina's dead, reunion does not mean everybody else dies, but she returns.:D

I believe Jaina is alive.

And I'm not alone with this. Thanks Zekk.

Accidentally married?[face_laugh]
    Love the idea! I just wonder if thte marriage counts since they didn't get to consummate it...
    Also, the fact that Jacen can still fight after hearing Jaina 'die' makes me doubt her death greatly.

Wonderful update.
    =D= [:D] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.