main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars - Empire at War (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kurtmajister, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I've been thinking of getting this game but after seeing the reviews in here I'm now rethinking. Any new thoughts?

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    download the freakin demo and give it a whirl,

I've given a couple of demo levels a go, while it's accessible for someone like me, who's not a huge fan of RTS games due to resource management, it also seems to have a huge range of keyboard commands that i'm never gonna get to grips with. There didn't seem to be any 'quick pause' option to stop and choose how you're gonna do things. That's one thing i like about NWN, KOTOR, etc how you could queue actions before facing enemies.

I may get it, i'll see how the rest of the demo is first though

3. Darth_Bacara

Darth_Bacara Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    If I got a new computer with the minimum specs required for the game, would it still run smoothly and in high detail or not?

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If you only have the minimum specs, then probably not.

5. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I turned the detail up past recommended, and my computer's down around the recommended stuff. Never noticed any slow-ups so far.

Might want to check it against the demo, though, to be safe.

6. Darth_Bacara

Aug 7, 2005
  7. Unthinkable

Unthinkable Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    So yeah .. Ive been playing EAW, and I LOVE IT!!!

The graphics on this RTS are amazing, along with the game play that somewhat matches LOTR's Battle For MIddle Earth. There is also a Mode in-game play called "Video Play" which is AWESOME. You sit there and watch as your units fight in a live cinematic.

This game is a MUST HAVE!

8. danielc56

danielc56 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2004
    Hi all,

I've been trying to get a comprehensive list of all game levels/missions in empire at war, for a Lit forum thread project. Haven't got too much feedback on my thread, so I was hoping you guys could help out. Below is what I've been able to gleen so far:

Rebel Campaign
    Mission 01: Shipyard Diversion
    Mission 02: Interpreting the Network
    Mission 03: Theft of the X-Wing
    Mission 04: Kessel Rescue
    Mission 05: Stealing From the Rich
    Mission 06: Imperial Liberation
    Mission 07: Highest Bidder
    Mission 08: Rescue the Millenium Falcon
    Mission 09: Needle in a Haystack
    Mission 10: Borrowed Time
    Mission 11: Handle With Care!
    Mission 12: The Defense of Mon Calamari
    Mission 13: The Final Battle

Imperial Campaign
    Mission 01: An Organized Resistance
    Mission 02: Crush, Kill, Destroy
    Mission 03: Rooting Out the Pirates
    Mission 04: The Pirate Menace
    Mission 05: Subjugating Geonosis
    Mission 06: Attack on Mon Calamari
    Mission 07: Trouble on Kashyyyk
    Mission 08: A New Weapon of War
    Mission 09: The Rebel Fortress
    Mission 10: The Traitorous Moff
    Mission 11: An Engagement with the Emperor
    Mission 12: Capturing a Princess
    Mission 13: The Destruction of Alderaan
    Mission 14: End of the Rebellion

However, I'd like to know if there are other levels not covered by the list above. I don't have the game, so any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if the above info is correct, and if there are any other levels/missions missing, perhaps falling into one of the categories below:

Demo Levels
    Multiplayer Levels
    Tutorial/Training Levels
    Downloadable Levels
    Other Levels

Hope you can help!

danielc56

9. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    download the freakin demo and give it a whirl,

I'm not too big on demos.

10. vader1025

vader1025 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2004
    I really need some help...I bought the game and it runs super fast, super smooth-until I get to the second mission.

Then, EVERYTIME I try it, about the tmie I destroy the first 2 turrents, the game crashes my computer and I get the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

Now, this is where it gets interesting..it ONLY does it in campaign mode. I played under Galactic Conquest for 5 hours and no problems.

I have a AMD Athlon 1.53 MHZ I Gig of Ram and a GeForce 5200 128 AGP video card.

I updated the video card's drivers to the 87.X version-or somethign like that, and it still happens. (I'm not sure what drivers I should use because when I go the NVidia site and do a search, it takes me to that driver but that driver says it's certified for the 7 series and SOME of the 6 series. i can't find one for the 5200, in particular.

Either way, the driver works with everything else and I've tried it before and after and EoW still dies on the second mission.
    Any help would be great. If you need more information, please ask.

I hope this is the right htread. If not, please direct me to the correct one.

11. vader1025

Dec 2, 2004
    If no one knows, can someone at least point me to where I can find out? The official boards were no help either.

12. Unthinkable

Unthinkable Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    Id definitley repost this in a tech help thread. Also, make sure your CD has not been tampered with.

13. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    Frank Klepacki (creator of the new music in Empire at War) confirmed to Ani Skylover by e-mail which files he actually created for Empire at War. That would be cool if LucasArt would release music cds of all their games, until then we are left to do it by ourselves. They can be extracted like all other sounds. This is the list he provided.

Advance on the City
    Attacking the Blockade
    Beginning the Approach
    Battle in the Swamps
    Volcanic Assault
    Empire at War
    Rebel Victory
    Rebellion Advantage
    Space Pursuit
    Vaders Presence

For anybody wanting sound effects from the EAW game, you download and intall the programmmes (http://www.renevo.com/index.php?showtopic=2930), and you open he extractor and go to file > open. then you go to data > audio > sfx (or music or others), and there'll be 3 archives, that's where the sound effects are.

Thank you to Ani and Frank for doing this.

14. vader1025

Dec 2, 2004
    Tech support on this site or do you eman on the LucasArts forums?
    Thanks, btw, for the response. I went ahead and did a complete reformat of my computer and have yet to re-try EoW.
    I hope it was an issue on my end.

15. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Okay, I got this and I started playing this today. The ground battles are okay but I'm loving the space battles. After a few days of campaign I should be ready to move into the big world of online multiplayer. :p

16. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    I have a question. I'm around Mission 14 comandeering the Death Star. But I'm just curious, does Admiral Piett come into play? If so, when? Please reply. Thank you very much.

17. rohandove

rohandove Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I have the collector's edition of the game, bought it about 7 weeks ago or so. I am really enjoying it. I've just started to really play it the past 2 weeks.

Question: When can you get Vader? Can you get Vader as a Hero in the skirmishes? So far Mara and Boba Fett have showed up, does it have to do with researching?

Thanks for any insight.

The game is fun, reminds me of Command and Conquer a little.

18. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    OK, this just might be a little rant, but it seems on topic.

Almost every single LA game I play, I seem to find a bug in. Found one in the PC versions of JK:A, KOTR 1, and porbably found one in JK2.

So I load up EAW today, because I haven't played in a loooong time. I still have my rebellion campaign going, infact, I haven't really played all that much.
    Yesterday I got to the part where you take Han to where Mon Monthma is, and she give you a mission to go to this Imp. city and get some schematics. I toatally won that game except for being an idiot one time and forgetting to EMP burst the turrets, and Han died.
    I had to go so I quit the game.
    Load it back up today, and whatdoya know, Han is on Mon Monthma's planet. My current mission is to take him there. Aight. Fine, Move him off the planet, put him back on. Nothing happens. OK, maybe I'll have him steal some credits, then try again. While hes off doing his smuggler gig, I start building more units. All of a sudden, everything stops. Not a system crash mind you, the clock is still ticking. After about 3 game days of looking at my screen in puzzlement, I quit the game and reload the autosave. When it loads, insted of loading the Map... it loads a Space Battle over Bothawui. What the. I didn't have any ships in Bothawui... I also think I would know if the Imps were coming that way (although all animations on the map were messed up)
    So I begin the battle. What else could I have done, no auto-resolve?
    So. Theres a rock, and a planet down below. No ships. At all. Even if there were Imps around, I had no ships to uncover the map with. Also, no retreating. What the heck. Its the endless battle of nothing.

So now im stuck. I love you auto-save. I also love when I find bugs in games. Sigh.

19. Darth_Bacara

Aug 7, 2005
    I got the game and I'm enjoying it, but I have two questions:

1. What's the difference between concussion missles and proton torpedoes?
    2. On some of my galactic conquests some heros never show up. Is this supposed to happen??

20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Has anyone noticed that you can spawn 2 x Millenium Falcons in space skirmishes by mistake? I dragged it into the map from the reinforcements screens, and nothing happened so I did it again and wa-hey, 2 x Falcons.

I've tried to avoid it again, because cheating is laem, but there you go.

E_S

21. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    1. I just got it too, but from Star Wars lore: Proton torpedos are more powerful, but less accurate and less range

2. No idea

I had a fun game. I was where Im supposed to invade Mon Calamari. I was ready to shut it off, so I figured I'd check it out first. Forgot to save, once I got there, no retreat!

Ended up with a really long fight, lost all my capital ships and won barely with TIEs and Vader. My whole fleet got wiped, but hey, I won :)

22. Chris_2Xtreme

Chris_2Xtreme Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2004
    Big Announcement..

New Expansion Pack for EAW

[image=http://legacy.gamemod.net/images/EAW%20XPACK.jpg]

New Ships Confirmed so far
    SSD
    Tie Defender
    Tie Interceptors
    The Phantom Ties from Rebel Assault 2

23. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    and "Empire Still At War" would make an awesome title :p

24. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Found a bug... During the mission where you need to bring Raymus Antilles to Atzerri, I conquer all the surrounding planets first (which might have caused the bug) then when I try to send the sundered heart to Atzerri. Antilles just keeps saying that he is on it. but his ship and or the fleet with him doesnt move at all.

Just upgraded to 1.4, so that might be another cause of the bug... Anyone hve the same problem? how did you get through it?

25. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    Legacy of War have released the Super Star Destroyer! It's not to scale, but it's certainly impressive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.