main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars - Empire at War (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kurtmajister, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004

Rebellion is still, IMO, the best Star Wars game on the market. It narrowly beats out Jedi Knight and X-Wing Alliance in my books, but it still wins. Love it. Absolutely love it.

Rebellion: absolutely. I have never wasted so much time. . . it was just. . . simple and enjoyable. X-Wing Alliance is another gem. Force Commander. . . my computer hated it at the time, I only really played the *shudder* camera angles tutorial levels :p and cheated to find out what happened in the rest of the game before I put it away. I thought it had so much potential. . . and I bet that camera system was actually really simple. . .

I played the FoC demo recently - I figured it would be tutorial-esque with limited features and I was right. I was a little dissapointed at how easy EAW was :p ie Galactic Conquest - attack Coruscant, capture the Emperor and your done. Blah.

I liked what I saw in FoC - sabotage ( at least for Zann ), being able to spy, and exploding Ewoks. If they make a new expansion, there must be exploding gungans!!!. .. oh and the 'popularity' meter Rebellion had. I haven't seen orbital bombardment yet, but I'm happy the easy way is back :p

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
  3. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    K, I have a couple of questions about this game.

First, are the system requirements very high? I'm somewhat of a "lay" gamer and don't know much about system requirements, etc.

Second, is it worth playing this game without the expansion pack?

Third, how does it stack up to Rebellion, which in my mind is extremely underrated as a strategy game?

4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    It's no Rebellion, but it's not a bad RTS. I recommend that you try the demos first before you make the purchase. If it's not your cup of tea, you will know real quick shortly after playing the demos.

Me, I loved Rebellion and I enjoy EaW and FoC quite a bit as well. Rebellion is better, but EaW is very enjoyable in its own right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.