main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Epic Duels Board Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sith_Lord_Yoda, Dec 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lord_Yoda

Sith_Lord_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2002
    I saw this game in the store tonight. It looked kinda interesting. Can anyone tell me what it is about and if it is any good.
    Thanks,
    SLY

EDIT: Spelling Error

2. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Here's a review of the game.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I played it with some friends a few months ago- it's quite fun. The different character sets are set up to make each pretty unique (ie: Maul focuses on power, Yoda focuses on Force powers and just plain messing with your opponent's hand).

4. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I played with my brother a few nights ago. On the first game I was Maul and he was Mace. I killed both clone troopers then took on Mace and killed him. Second game I was Yoda and he was Dooku. I won again. He only had Dooku left and I had both clones and Yoda left.

You should get the game.

5. DarthAnonnymous

DarthAnonnymous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2002
    Epic Duels is the greatest board game ever (Unles you count ZOMBIES!) I play it again and again with my neighbor and lots of school friends who aren't even SW Fans. It's great fun to have massive battles or just one on one duels.

I wish they would make an expansion set for it.

6. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    My story's the same as yours, Sith_Lord_Yoda...I saw it in the store, and it looked REALLY good...I have yet to play it though

7. Sith_Lord_Yoda

Sith_Lord_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2002
    Thanks for the replies guys. Now I have a question about the rules. Can you Have two people playing but each controlling a "team" of like 4 characters?

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Great game. Really great when playing with the drunken roommates.
    There are rules to the game, but my friend make up our own rules most of the time...

9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Love. This. Game!

10. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I love the game also. Does anyone know any good strategies to use against Darth Maul and his seemingly endless SITH SPEED attacks?

11. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..played this game this evening for about 4 hours..

Had 2 rounds with my friend..

First round: He was Darth Vaderw/ 2 stormtroopers.. I was Anakin and Padme...

I took down his two troopers pretty quickly, but in the end, Vader ended up taking home the victory..

Second round: I was Jango/Zam and he was Han/Chewie.. I was destroyed (though i really did like Jango and his rocket-retreat attacks)

Once you figure out the rules, this game is pretty fun....

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Does anyone know any good strategies to use against Darth Maul and his seemingly endless SITH SPEED attacks?<<

Use Yoda- Yoda is so freaking annoying!

13. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    My fiance hates when I use Yoda on her..lol. I keep knocking Vader on his ass. :D
    Fun game. We paly it alot, picking teams randomly. We also play with two teams each alot. Best team I had once was Yoda and Palpatine.....very vicious! :D

14. Xenobi

Xenobi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I hae this game too
    at first i thought yo could have as may cards in our hand so i got like 20 cards and used Mace Widu's attack that is equal to the cards you have

15. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Havent played in a while but my favorite cards are Mauls speed attacks. I also like speacial cards that if blocked it does extra damage. Also Vaders card that does 50 damage (I think). My favorite map is the throne room since you can hide from blaster characters, my least ffavorite is geonosis because theres noting there but a pillar (probably couldve included scattered battle droids or a reek)

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Maul is great for attacking, but kinda crappy for defense...

17. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    This is the best boardgame in the entire world!! Every time my friends and I get together, it's almost guarantied that we're gonna play it. This game is friggin awesome and everyone should buy it!!! :D

My favorite characters are Darth Maul and Yoda, although The Emperor has some pretty sweet special cards (like "You Will Die" which make your opponent discard his/her entire hand! [face_devil] ).

And if you want expansions, you can find alot online. Just do a google search for "Epic Duels Expantions".

18. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Expansions, really?

Sweet!

19. Shint_Sattare

Apr 13, 2003
    Yeah, they're pretty sweet, they're unofficial though (failed to mention that before).

And I just tried that search I said to do earlier and it didn't give me many good choices. But here's a good site that I found a few months ago (i don't remember how).

Epic Duels expansions

20. Shint_Sattare

Apr 13, 2003
    Hey, um, it's kind of impossible to have "speacial cards that if blocked it does extra damage" because special cards can't be blocked in the first place. You might be talkin about one of the power attack cards. ?[face_plain]

And that vader card only does 20 damage, and only if it's not blocked (and if it is blocked, it only does 3).

Sorry, there's my perfectionistic side coming out. :p ;)

21. darth_melvin

darth_melvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    I love board games - not enough on this forum, glad to see this thread. I've got to get this game. My current favorite Star Wars board game of all time is Queen's Gambit - is this comparable to that?

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I love board games - not enough on this forum, glad to see this thread. I've got to get this game. My current favorite Star Wars board game of all time is Queen's Gambit - is this comparable to that?

The best SW board game of all time is the Sarlacc pit one from the 80s right when ROTJ came out... ;)

23. Shint_Sattare

Apr 13, 2003
    I don't believe you. [face_plain]

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    'tis true. But you do not have to believe me if you don't wish... :)

25. Shint_Sattare

Apr 13, 2003
    OK, I won't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.