main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars EPII at IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Sith_Steve, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    Ijust say on starwars.com. that EPII is going IMAX. This means there is a good chances the the IMAX in dav. will get a copie. if so. We need everyone to go on opening night. DRESSED also. I am going to tell chris to call the museum for details, and maybe work out a deal.

This can be one of the biggest Star Wars events around here for a bit, so we need to make our presents know, even more :)

2. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Yeah, I read the article it said something about November and that they would post more info later. I wonder if Davenport would get it before the movie goes to DVD for sale. It will be really cool to see it on the IMAX screen.

3. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    I hope our IMAX is smart enough to even GET Ep. II. I'm kind of pessimistic being that they didn't get any of the other feature films that went to IMAX, or the ESPN Xtreme movie. We could always take a road trip to Chi-town!

4. phatjedipdog

phatjedipdog Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2002
    On this monumental occasion I might have to come out of my hole and see the sun for starwars EP II.

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'll just warn you guys, a similar article said that only 50-60 IMAX's are going to be showing it, and they'll need updated equipment to run it a 2 hours 15 min. Like an article on the front of TF.N said, some places are apprehensive about it. You guys may not get it, who knows. If Houstion isn't getting Apollo 13, there is a good chance you guys wouldn't get AotC. But you also could.

What I'm trying to say is don't get your hopes up until you know for sure. I'd suggest calling them to find out :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.