main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    :_| I won't see it until Sunday. :_|

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    It says in the paper this morning you can meet the Ep2 stars at Planet Hollywood this Saturday.

On nightline last night, they showed the Auckland premiere. Quite a few fans dressed up, it seemed.

3. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

There were quite a few people dressed up in Australia too - it was shown on the lunchtime news (Prime TV). A few Jedi and Stormtroopers, plus Darth Vader and a Royal Guard. :)

According to the Usenet newsgroups one brave (or is that stupid?) person somewhere went dressed in their Star Trek costume. :)

4. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well we had a long haired guy dress as a Jedi at the Embassy in Wellington, it wasn't bad either....

5. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    well to agree with chan the projectionist @ Hoyts 8 deserved to be lynched!!
    as for dress ups we had some guys dressed as sith, a darth vader (who was a little on the short side, kinda more like a half vader tee hee), and a father and son dressed as a jedi and a padawan.
    On the plus side my fiance' has decided if we have kids before the next one I can paint it green stick on some ears and go as luke with a little yoda ala dagobah training! LOL!! Not!!

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I can see the backpack scene now. [face_laugh]

7. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    2 hours for me :D

8. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    All I got was Darth Vader, a Storm Trooper and a couple of Jedi. I'll say it again; the crowd at midnight screening on Village Queen St SUCKED.

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  10. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Yeah, that's a hell of a lot worse...

Loved the movie, and it was really great meeting everyone!

I'm disappointed no one at the screenings dressed up as R4-P17. Without Arfour, Obi-Wan's mission just wouldn't have worked. More Arfour appreciation is needed. And the movie never even answered the question on everyone's minds: what happens to Arfour after Obi-Wan is captured? Such an important little droid...;)

Oh, and since SFL and Nici-je seemed to appreciate Naked Jar Jar so much, he makes his return to rate Attack of the Clones.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_1/Concept_Artwork/aicn-jarjar.jpg]

"Disen loverly! Mesa give it ten out of ten! Wahoo!"

Thanks Jar Jar!

11. tobyonekenobi

tobyonekenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    I just saw aotc for the 2nd time and i'm sure it sounded like taunwe called jango, jake

12. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    Natalie Portman's appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman is now tonight at 10:40pm on Prime. It will repeat on Monday at 11am.

13. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Didn't see Natalie at the Letterman show. :confused:

I went to see it again today! :D The sound was much better than yesterday's. :)

14. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Where was Poggle the Lesser. Martin Csokas voiced him. The only alien that I thought Poggle could've been was the one that gave Count Dooku the Death Star Plans.

Clarification???

BTW, seen AOTC twice. Anyone else think that when you hear QuiGonn during Anakins revenge scene, it sounds like they have just used the same soundbyte from Ep1 when Maul almost runs Kae Lloyd over 'Anakin, drop!!'.

Clarification also.

15. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    //finally gets some money on his web account//

Just like to say, even with the "sound glitch" the movie went off!

Just like after seeing LOTR, there is a funny feeling in my gut. I dunno - words can't really express the feelings you get after watching an amazing movie like that. You can say this scene was amazing and this was great - but really I can't express how I felt after seeing that.

Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD! Yoda is GOD!

/\ 'nuf said.

16. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    how could anyone dress as R4 he is built into a jedi starfighter no hes not like normal astromechs he cannot detach it would be impossible

i took my lightsaber down but everyone started laughing at me with my darth maul shirt on and a lightsaber so i put the saber away

17. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Poggle the Lesser is the ruler of the Geonosians. As with the Gungans, Poggle looks a bit different to the average Geonosian - he has long wattles on his face that hang down, looking like a long beard and droopy moustache, but the same colour as his skin.

There's a picture of him on page 53 of the Episode II Visual Dictionary.

18. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    According to people on the spoiler board, when Qui shouts "No, Anakin, Noooo" you can also hear Darth Vader breathing. Anyone caught this?

And it sure sounds like Taun We calls Jango Jake.

19. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    It's hard to tell if Vader's breathing is there. There's certainly some extra sound other than Qui-Gon's voice, but it's hard to pick up. Personally, I don't think it is ol' Darth's breath...

As for Jango/Jake, if you're talking about the first time Taun We enters into the Fett's apartment and says Jango's name, she definitely says 'Jango'. I listened hard for that specifically. There may be another time she says his name, I'm not sure.

20. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
  21. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Why the hell did they say that!? [face_shocked] :confused:

They're played by New Zealand actors!

22. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    man Maoris saved the repbulic

23. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    ACE, no spoilers for Ep3 please! That new race of aliens isn't known by many people yet!

hehehe

24. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Oh my god George Lucas actually named a race of aliens after our native people I had no idea.

25. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Hope george has his cheque book handy, didn't lego have a problem when they used some maori words for those new figure thingys, something about intellectual property?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.