main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

star wars episode 2 on dvd

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by wicket_the_ewok, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    i got this web site from a friend. he said they have the real copy of star wars ep2 on dvd but im not to sure about that. its movies from like china or something so they get it early he said. well if any wants to risk buying it here is the web site:
    http://www.d9movie.com/?NURPLE.com

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    With a URL carrying a name like NURPLE? I don't think so.

By the way, there is intersting discussion about how to include links to other sites in the link called "Markup Codes" in the banner above. I think it's really a great way to jazz up postings.

It's nice to hear from you so soon.

3. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I own 2 DVD Players from APEX Digital the AD1500 and the AD660. Their owners manuels say that they support PAL DVD Format as long as it is set as Region 1 or ALL Region. After looking at the site I noticed that the DVD is set to ALL Region, therefore; I went out on a limb and ordered the DVD. When I get It I'll post if it works or not. Then If anyone wants me to I can let thaem borrow it or we can set up a meeting around it. I'm willing to bring the DVD Player if anyone had a TV that accepts the hook ups for it. I just had an extra $15 to experiment with, so I thought why not. I can always sell it on EBAY if it doesn't work. Hope to give you all good news later. Jonathan.

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Sounds like a plan old boy! I'm glad to see you will be an active member of the group. We have a number of members who have only posted once or twice and fell of the map. Still, they may come along and suprise us later.

I can't believe that China would have a finished product, in the form of a DVD, before the rest of the planet. But, you never know.

5. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    I don't think that this DVD edition is complete. It doesn't have any special features that we come to expect on DVD disks. It only states interactive menus and the movie. No missing scenes or anything else worth wild. We'll have to just wait and see.

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I would like to view it. I am curious what a copy of the movie would play like on a bootleg DVD.

7. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    well i took a chance and bought the dvd. it looks like i made a bad choice. it doesn't play on my dvd player (my mistake) but it does play on my computer. the only bad thing is that it has no sound. i opened the dvd file on my computer and the audio folder was empty. well it looks life im going sell it on ebay.

8. jmayeux

Jun 21, 2002
    I just got my copy and It works! Sound and everything. I have an Apex DVD Player and I guess Cheaper means better in this case. The picture quality leaves alot to be desired, but hey, Its full screen and not 4X6 inches like the downloaded one on my computer. It'll do until the real thing comes out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.