main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's Batman.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He used to post here. He was hilarious but he disappeared awile ago. Made me sad. :(

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Why did someone have to bring up our beloved JoeyArnoldTM? why did he leave us? WHY????

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He left us much too soon. He was only here for a short time but his memory will linger on in every post we write, every thread we make. @};-

5. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

its not like this joey arnold is going to be the next bad guy in the next star wars film

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. No, he is not. But, because of his insights, Darth Tenebrous will be the villain and it will take place on Earth. God bless you, Joey, wherever you may be...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's the user we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

fishtailsam likes this.
  8. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    i want to read about the master of Tenebrous... and trace the line back to Bane

9. Jedi_Knight_rambo

Jedi_Knight_rambo Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2013
    I would like see how the handle the Yuuzhan Vong war. Or Darth Krayt taking over the galaxy.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    As Anakin was the only Jedi to marry/spawn children and eventually turned to the dark side, there should be strong implications within the New Order if Luke/Leia were to wed or have their own children. It would violate the Jedi mantras against emotional attachment and familial dynasties. A third generation Skywalker, or legacy candidate for the Jedi Council, could become an outcast thus creating a schism in the New Order and all sorts of plot implications. STAR WARS Episode VII - The Legacy Code.

11. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    The thing is the Jedi what Republic-wide testing to find Force sensitives as well as an established infrastructure. Both are gone after the Clone Wars. I don't see the New Republic rebuilding it that fast because they'll have a ton of other priorites. And what are they going to tell people? "We are going to take your kid away and train them under Darth Vader's son, who has zero experience raising children...and oh by the way the only girl he's ever kissed is his sister".

I doubt Anakin was the only Jedi to ever have a kid. Second, no all Jedi are uptight and follow the code. Qui-Gon broke the code often enough that his own apprentice would scold him about it. Dooku was one of many who left the Order outright. While I don't see a ton of Jedi off-shoot branches, I'm sure there were at least a few Masters that when their own way.

I think it should be less of a Code and more like guidelines.

12. Liam Norval

Liam Norval Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2013
    The story for Star Wars 7 should be about Luke's son and Hans and Leias kids. The movie focus on Luke's son, Ben Skywalker who is struggling in life and how as he grows up to be a great Jedi. All the younglings face a threat named Starkiller who is trying to destroy the galaxy and the Jedis. I call it Star Wars VII: The Jedi Path

13. TheCIS

TheCIS Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 21, 2013
    The gungans should be destroyed in a last ditch attempt by the Imperial Remnant (or whatever else it is) before being 'stopped' (ie 'assisted' hehehe) by Luke Skywalker and the New Republic

But I'd also like to see Han and Leia's kids and their attempts to do stuff...

14. SithGodofAbsolution

SithGodofAbsolution Jedi Padawan

May 16, 2013
    A Sith God take over the empire

luke dies in the first movie leading a new hero to

spawn in the midst of are eyes

Darth whom may whom lol

makes the plot even more enjoyable

then what it once was

15. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    Am I the only one that doesn't want to see "all Jedi, all the time" in Episode 7?

Han and Leia's kids, as they exist in the EU are nothing to write home about. And the formula doesn't work because there are basically 3 main characters. You don't have three main character worthy characters. And there has to be a least a little bit of romance between two of the three, which is impossible if they are related.

VanishingReality and Darth_Pevra like this.
  16. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    Not a huge part of the plot, but I think I'd like to see the following start off one of the Episodes (probably VII).

It starts off with a Corellian Corvette sized (or slightly smaller) ship coming and docking at a large space station (maybe orbiting Nar Shaddaa). Armored figures walk out of it. One is Boba Fett, the other in some other kind of armor, maybe not Mandalorian at all. As they walk through the hanger two people are loading cargo onto a small ship. One (played by Daniel Logan) looks up, turns to the other (played by Temuera Morrison) and says "Dad, look". Both scowl and the latter talks into a commlink, then board their ship.

The armored figures get to the detention area and the following scene occurs...
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/how-should-the-big-3-be-first-presented-on-screen.50011892/page-4
    At some point before they make it back to there ship a door opens and Han comes face to face with the real Boba Fett and another in Mandalorian armor. Fight happens. Heroes escape, either back to the ship they came in on or the Millennium Falcon.

You're welcome JJ, now you just need to fill the other 105 to 120 minutes.

17. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Given the unfortunate series of photos of Mr. Hamil in a now-locked thread, perhaps EPVII could start off in a "Rocky" like fashion. When the galaxy is threatened by "the most awesome, powerful force ever encountered" or some other dire set-up, the new republic realizes they must turn to the Jedi for help. But Luke has been a failure: always afraid of becoming like his father, he turned away from the Jedi Order. Yoda comes out of force ghost retirement to castigate a hard drinking, chain-smoking, burger chomping Luke with lines like "A bum you are!" "Talent to become a good Jedi you had, but instead, became a legbreaker to some cheap, Coruscant loanshark you have!" But then Luke sees the error of his ways, and asks Yoda to train him again: "You're a lot lighter than the last time I carried you around on my back." "That is because one with the Force I have become, you intoxicated half-wit." Luke steadily regains his strength and abilities, and we see scenes of him running through the streets of Coruscant to the Rocky theme, jumping around at the top of the Jedi temple steps. As he gets ready to face "the threat," Yoda encourages him: "Spit nails you will, kid. As said the guy, Force lightning will you eat, and Force thunder you crap. A very dangerous Jedi will you become, very dangerous." Luke: "Uh, about that force lighting stuff - I already did that, and had to use moist towelettes for over a month afterwards. So can we just skip that part?" Luke of course fails miserably and gets pummeled, ironically, into hamburger by "the threat." Thus, the next generation of Jedi must step up to save the galaxy, and Luke goes on to be the spokesman for McDexters, with billions and billions sold: "Remember me? I used to be Luke Skywalker, but McDexters burgers have made me what I am today!"

Anyway, it would be a great set-up for EPVIII and IX.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  18. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I'll say it again, the Republic must have been left in disarray after the fall of the Empire. Millions of Storm Troopers/ Imperial Soldiers and Admirals scrambling across the galaxy to make sense of everything. The whole situation is ripe for pirates to take advantage of and exploit. I think they should base Episode VII on the Zahn Consortium. This will all lead to the discovery of the Sith Army from the Old Republic towards the finale!

[face_money_eyes]

19. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    That actually offers some pretty intriguing possibilities. What happened to all the Stormtroopers after EP VI? Look at the chaos that ensued in Iraq when the US abolished the Iraqi army and cashiered all the senior officers. They nearly all became guerilla fighters and terrorists, and fought the US by all kinds of unconventional means. Maybe the bad guy in the ST is someone who rallies the remaining disaffected Stormtroopers to his cause, and uses them as his guerilla force to disrupt the new republic.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I still hold onto my theory that a Galactic Empire does not fall overnight and that, while significantly diminished, the Empire may still exist and the stormtroopers (in upgraded armors) might very well be a rather common sight in Imperial space.

21. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

Yeah, but how are you going to have it fall? In the EU they had some guy, who was eventually killed and Usurped by Ysanne Isard. She then lost Coruscant to Rogue Squadron. Zsinj was a big mover in the interim, but he was an independent Warlord and when he fell his own private Empire crumbled. Then about 5 years after RotJ Thrawn launched his campaign and rebuilt the Empire to a certain extent. But he lost the Battle of Bilbringi and died. Yet somehow the Empire managed to recapture Coruscant before Dark Empire and started fighting themselves again until the Cloned Emperor took over (god Dark Empire was a mess). Then afterwards KJA quickly killed off the Empire as an adversary. They somehow went from Rebuilding, to defeated, to taking Coruscant, to being pushed back into a handful of weak, bickering warlords all from 5 ABY to about 8 ABY.

Lucas has always been inspired by history. I think one thing you can look at is the Successor States after the death of Alexander the Great. After all, no Senate for the Rebels to turn rule over, just a bunch of regional Governors. Another is post-WW1 Germany with all the Freikorps running around. Basically the template for the modern "failed state" with militias of ex-soldiers running around causing problems.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  22. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Your Alexander comparison is fairly on target, as far as I'm concerned.

The two defeats of Germany in the World Wars (especially the second one) are a rather different thing, since it was a complete and utter military defeat. The Empire did lose it's leadership, but it's military and navy are all pretty much intact, but of course without a centralised government and pretty much loyal only to their commanding officers, I'd guess.

Besides, it's a huge galaxy, it's perfectly acceptable to have multiple governments/factions controlling large chunks of it. Maintaining a unified state after a civil war is hard enough, doing it on a galactic scale would be...a wee bit more challenging, I'd guess.

niel6658 and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

Actually WW1 wasn't a total military defeat. While the German Army was collapsing there was an Armistice before "total" defeat. Many argue the Allies should have just kept up the offensive all the way to Berlin to "show them a lesson". But it was actually the botched "peace" treaty that led to WW2.

24. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, I know, I didn't go into detail and I was just trying to agree with your comparison :p

25. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

Sorry, kinda skimmed through it. Most of the time I get "they were just the continuation of the same war", so I automatically go into "why they really weren't mode".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.