main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    No problems, I'm a history buff myself and I cannot even begin to count the number of times I've gotten into arguments/long lectures about people speaking totally false things with utter confidence of a semi-digested Wikipedia article summary.
    It especially gets heated when the World Wars are mentioned, hah.

Anyways, back on topic ;)

2. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Can they be jetpack stormtroopers?

3. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    No.

Stormpack Jettroopers... of Steel.

4. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    My point exactly, I think Episode VII will deal with the aftermath created by of the Vacuum left by the absence of Darth Vader and Darth Sidious.

5. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    The it's going to be 30 years in the future. I mean ideally you would have (as George intended at one time) three movies that dealt with "the heroes" beating the Empire. Like truly beating it. Not the "we blew up another Death Star" we win that we got when he decided to roll 7, 8 and 9 into RotJ. This is going to cause a problem if you make ST about "our heroes are still fighting a powerful remnant of the Empire".

And this is also why you can't go by the EU. They killed the Empire off too fast and they didn't set anything up for the "next generation". The PT generation of Heroes had the Clone Wars. OT had the Galactic Civil War. The ST? First, you can't even pick out a "ST Big Three" out the EU characters. Second, there was no generational war where they came out of the OT Big Three's shadow. We are well past the Yuuzan Vong war but it's still mostly about Han, Luke and Leia. Part of it is the EU's fault (writers and stories, etc) but part of it is George's fault. The PT works because the roped that part of the Timeline off and said "No Trespassing". For the ST there was no "no trespassing" but there also wasn't George saying "OK, 20 to 30 years after the OT you'll have characters X, Y and Z fighting this main enemy in this big war and Luke, Han and Leia will hand things over to them". Even worse is that fact that, for the PT era you knew there was going to be Anakin and Obi-Wan and that Luke/Leia's mom would be at the very least a minor character. For the ST all you have is that it looks like Han and Leia will be getting together, but that's it.

For there to be another "Big Three" and for them to really work I think you can have only one Solo Kid be one of the big three. They can at most be related to one of the other big three, sibling or cousin, but you need at least one that's totally unrelated. Why? Because you need at least some romantic aspect between two of the big three. It was in the OT, was in the PT (though so unbelievably badly write [face_sick]) so it has to be in the ST. This is totally not set up in the EU. No matter how much of a Retcon Ranger you want to be, you can't make it happen.

VanishingReality and Darth_Pevra like this.
  6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Bantam & Del Rey alike didn't really handle the transition of generations very well, and partly that was their reluctance (and/or Lucasfilm's reluctance) to let the Big Three take a back seat... and even when they had a gameplan (Del Rey), they didn't have a very detailed one. The closest you could get to a Big Three as of FOTJ is Ben, Jaina, and Jag... but with the massive age difference between Jaina & Ben, even tho they're family they're not exactly best buds, and Jag just wasn't used enough from what I saw, or involved enough...definitely not the same kinda "Big 3" we're used to. But I guess Padme wasn't involved so much in Ep3 anyway.

...but they didn't kill off the Empire too quickly. It took them about 15 years after ROTJ to finally sign a peace treaty with the Remnant--15 years of still open hostilities, kidnapping plots, assassination plots, all kinds of splinter groups trying to make their own mark and become the big power behind the Remnant (or draw the Remnant into their group, whatever). 15 years. That seems a bit much, but definitely feels more 'realistic' than 30+ years.. That's longer than the Empire EXISTED under Palpatine's rule. And we don't even know it'll be "30 years later"... it could be 40. At best, I think what's left of the Empire could be a separate state, with a firm but maybe not 'happy' peace between the two.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I have my doubts about the Empire continuing to be evil after ROTJ (where the Sith die).

8. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    How about The Pirate Wars! Lets face it, the pirates are going to be a huge nemesis during these unsettled times.
    I say, bring on the Zahn Consortium!

[face_praying]

9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Episode VII

The Empire has been brought down & a New Republic has been formed. However the scars of the Empire & the decades of war remain. There has been a backlash against the notion of the Force from within the political sphere & the wider population. The rise of Palpatine, Vader & even going back to the Clone Wars & Dooku are all portrayed as a result of the infighting & corruptibility of Force users, namely the Jedi & the Sith. The claim is they are too powerful & even Jedi were shown to be seduced by this power. After Palpatine the New Republic leaders are paranoid about a powerful Force user ever holding a position of influence again. Despite the objections of a minority including Leia, it is decided not to reinstate the Jedi Order as protectors. Perhaps the use of the Force is outlawed altogether (PS. all of this should NOT be conveyed by dull political scenes. It can mostly be covered by the opening crawl & a few exchanges between characters).

Despite these developments, Luke was determined to carry out Yoda's charge of passing on his knowledge of the Force. However he could not do so within the Republic. Though greatly saddened by this "new world" he decides to respect the law & leaves the boundaries of the Republic. He establishes a base at a far off remote location. He takes on an apprentice, maybe a few.

Cutting to the chase, when an old Imperial bad guy shows up with the former Imperial fleet (& a Sith or some nasty old Jedi) the Republic is in deep you-know-what. This isn't a conflict they can hope to win via conventional means. Eventually the Republic appeals to Luke & co to save the day. An emissary is sent to him asking for help, maybe Han & Chewie. To up the personal motivation for Luke, I'd have the bad guys either capture or kill Leia. That ought to fire him up. Another thought, perhaps the bad guys discredit Luke publicly by revealing he is the son of Vader.

10. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

Can't see a problem at 50ABY with Ben , Jaina & Allana being the big 3 with an outside love interest for Allana who carries that interest on 8-10 years later in EP 8.............

11. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    I think there should be another enormous civil war. Not like the one between the Alliance and the Empire but one on a much bigger scale, perhaps Clone Wars scale. The Republic (New) should split into warring factions. The Empire should also be part of the mix along with a few other factions. The story could centre around a young Jedi (not necessarily Luke's son) at the Jedi academy who has the dilemma of deciding who to side with in the war.

12. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013

can we have an inter-galactic war between different galaxies?

or can there be a war between parallel universes? where in the other universe, vader is still evil and alive

and a time machine...... then we could have yoda versus yoda of the other parallel universe, and other crazy things

makes me want to see the Fight Club film again... i love crazy movies

13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Perhaps the galaxy is divided into nation-states. There's a New Republic, but it only mainly controls the Core Region of the galaxy. The other nations have their own forms of government and culture. It could take place in a time of great technological advancement and galactic exploration, where more and more of the Unknown Territories and satellite galaxies are being charted. It is also a time of militarism and colonialism, where animosity has been brewing for sometime between most of the nations. The origins of this new galactic war could like WWI's. Of course, it won't be a civil war because the galaxy will be divided into nation-states.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  14. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    A war between different galaxies sounds good. I wouldn't want parallel universes though. In my opinion Star Wars has always maintained an element of plausibility. Parallel universes would kill that off for good.

Yes that sounds something interesting. Taking that a little further maybe some of those more militaristic and authoritarian states (preferably quite a long way from the core) could start doing terrible things to sections of their population in the name of the "Republic" even though they are autocratic and effectively self governing. And then of course it's up to some hero to sort it all out.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd be for a scenario such as that. Six films later, we will finally see an actual ambassador...

"If this film series features a consular ship, where is the ambassador"?

The Hellhammer likes this.
  16. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    one idea that I can't get out of my head is having Luke established as someone missing in action over the last several years and have the new main character (who i hope is an adolescent female) "find" him the same way Luke went and found Obi-Wan in the original Star Wars when he was missing in action, or like how Kirk "found" Old Spock in the Star Trek reboot.

Having the new movie start out with Luke as the head of a new Jedi council would be just...too boring.

17. Truth Seeker

Truth Seeker Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2013

18. Truth Seeker

Jun 5, 2013
    This is so cool, I am so stokes about the new Star Wars Movie!

I hope that they expand on Leia as being a Jedi. Since Yoda said... there is another one.

I would really like to see a woman as a powerful Jedi.

19. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    While I doubt that Leia would do much Jedi stuff, I'm hoping for a female lead protagonist. That would be genuinely new for SW and would be rather cool overall.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or, as Luke said: "You have that power too. In time, you'll learn to use it as I have."

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I kinda doubt we'll be seeing the OT3 doing many action scenes *well the actors, they can use body/stunt doubles but something about that would just come off as sad* so I doubt we'll be seeing Carrie fisher doing any jedi fights. I see her just being a politician that we'll see in a couple scenes but then move on.

22. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Lucas did an interview in 1983 promoting ROTJ and talked about the Sequel Trilogy, saying once word to describe it: 'Ethereal.'

That defiinition in the dictionary means:
    1. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; intangible.
    .a. Of the celestial spheres; heavenly.
    b. Not of this world; spiritual.
    The one thing about Lucas is that each trilogy sort of has an overall message or theme, and because this is most likely the last SW Trilogy with Skywalker characters (Or atleast Luke, Leia and Han) that 'Ethereal' message could mean something more spiritual when Episode 9 ends.

Just my take. :)

23. Truth Seeker

Jun 5, 2013
    Yep, and this aught to be interesting! I foresee a woman Jedi. And even more powerful than any other Jedi! :) You know, if Lucas follows scripture he's got room to play on this one since many of the storyline, including names and words, are biblically based. There is even ancient mythology that comes into play such as the death star as a symbolism for planet X.

Another one is the "force" concept, which is very biblical based. In fact I cannot get it out of my head this latest book that I just read. It’s called "in search of the holy language" and it all revolves around Hebrew being a writing and language that is based on frequency that has inherent power to create and control the environment. What is so spectacular about this is that the author illustrates how all the Hebrew letters come from one special spiral shape that is based on the Fibonacci sequence/golden spiral, and when you view this particular spiral shape from different directions that one shape produces the complete Hebrew alphabet. Apparently it is a dimensional writing of time and space that folds in on itself.

Its really mind blowing to think about! But I think Lucas should definitely incorporate this more in depth as being part of the force that flows through all things and controls all things.

Its not just the force, it’s a LANGUAGE!

24. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Is it just me or does "one of the skywalker/solo kids go to the dark side" sound like really bad idea? After all, the prequels were all about "one of their own turning against them" (ie, Anakin/Vader).and we where still dealing with the consequences in the OT. I would like them to go in a new direction. Not sure exactly what direction though.

Another thing I don't think that more then one of the ST "Big Three" should be a Skywalker/Solo kid. There has to be some romantic tension between two of the new ST Big Three. Kind of hard to do when they are all relative. Unless ALL three new episodes happen exclusively on Tatooine.

And we also have to face another face. Of all EU Characters (those not in the OT, PT or TCW) neither Jacen and Jaina would make it into the top 10. Not that they couldn't be made into compelling protagonists, you would just have to change so much about them that they would no long be the same characters.

25. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    I agree entirely, a lead female role played by an actress with the quality of, for example, Chloe Grace Moretz would be a fantastic boon to the trilogy right from the get go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.