main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Mass chaos. So much action no time for any dialogue. Just Bam! Boom! Bang! Light sabers, who knows who's fighting, sizzling. The end.

2. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I thought that was sounding familiar and then I read the line about the Dark Jedi wearing jetpacks and then I knew where I'd read it before ....... you all know who I mean.

3. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

This is something that I do quite like as a potential plot idea. I remember musing on a fanfic idea about Assajj Ventress returning from exile in the Unknown Regions, encountering Vader and sensing that Vader was Anakin. I never developed the idea further, but Ventress could work as that character that DarthGizmo mentioned, although she wasn't in Episode III.

4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Two cents. If the ST is about Reason (evil science, midi-clorian manipulation, Frankenstein's Monster) vs. Faith (in the Force), then I like the Hero in the ST to be Female. Also, she should be a Skywalker, not SkySolo. The heroine should be the direct descendent of Anakin and Luke. Also, an older son of Luke, who grapples with the Skywalker legacy and may even quit the order. No Dark Fall, but just Prodigal Son. His arc is finding his identity and fulfilling his destiny.

The Heroine represents life-Force as she helps to defeat a Dark Side personified character, who is a 'Dr. Frankenstein' type character, giving life to long dead warriors of the Clone Wars and the Rebellion (Clones and Stormtroopers). An antagonist bent on subduing the eternal and material world. The Heroine would be key to the defeat, or abeyance of this unnatural, ethereal enemy. She is the catalyst for The Chosen One's coup de grace of the major Villain/Antagonist. Of course, I'm describing the end of the ST (Episode IX)

Episode VIII is 'Some Damn Fool Idealistic Crusade' for Ancient Jedi (Bendu) and, even more interesting, Sith (Ashla) artifacts. Like an Indy in space. Two opposing forces seeking the MacGuffin, one with many resources and advantages, the other only heroics. The race ends on a cliffhanger and the heroes are scattered like flotsam and jetsam.

Episode VII starts the new adventure of course. The characters have to be well drawn. I assume the galaxy is stable, but heading in to chaos. A new threat divides the Jedi on a course of action. Varying opinions divide the council and Luke is made to choose the course. He's damned either way. There is schism in the Temple based on politics, but some doctrine, and Luke's friend and long time ally (the 70 year old) leaves the Council, the Temple (he's not a member anymore) and takes with him a significant faction of dedicated Jedi Knights.

Dra--- and Toonimator like this.
  5. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    LOL. My reference to Game of Thrones was simply analogous to the fact that there are many factions fighting for total power and total control.

My idea for this plot isn't necessarily based on what I WANT to see per say. Rather, based on the established formula and the cyclical nature of the story (and history), I thought this was a plausible scenario.

Also, in screenwriting, the story always begins with a "trigger" (Something to disturbs the ordinary world or the hero causing them to take action.).
    The dilemma for Ep. VII is creating a trigger that affects both the older characters and new ones on a personal level (Internal plot), but also affects the main/plot/"through-line" (External plot) of the story.
    The main plot is obviously always about the good vs. evil, hero vs villain, etc. However the internal plot is always about relationships.

So Leia is really the only logical choice because be the center of the web connecting all of the different storylines. She's the only character that would be literally related to all of the main characters (Luke, Han and the kids.) And if she's a Senator or Chancellor, then her abduction would also affect the stability of the Republic and could possible send the galaxy back into turmoil, putting it at risk for another war.

Immortiss likes this.
  6. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    Interesting thought....however, the only ones that knew about who the kids' real father were Yoda, Obi-Wan, Bail, Vader and the Emperor. All dead.

Also, we'd be talking about between 30 to 40-plus years after Vader died. To the people in their generation, Luke and Leia are heroes of the Rebellion. They had a major hand in defeating the Empire. To the younger generation, the Empire is distant history.

The Emperor would be looked at like we view Hitler.

But most people didn't know about Vader. To most people during the Empires reign, Vader was just an scary bed-time story. I'm pretty sure that most people never even encountered him. Vader never dealt with the common people. Vader was essentially a General leading an army. The only people Vader ever really dealt with directly were Rebels. It's not like he was in bars recruiting for the Emperor.

So I'm not sure why would anyone care that Luke and Leia were Vader's offspring.

7. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    One thing I think which is overlooked is that at the end of ROTJ there is still only a very small group who would know anything about Luke's part in the downfall of the Empire.

We know that most people regarded the Jedi as extinct, or a myth of sorts as evidenced by Han's skepticism in ANH.

I like the idea that even after ROTJ it's not like there is a huge reason to identify and train Jedi, after all the characters all believe Darth Vader and Sidious to be dead.

Luke would be sort of keeping to himself and maybe just training his own kids or Han/Leia's children, probably out of a sense of tradition than anything else.

Of course that's until a new Sith / big bad / whatever turns up and throws the galaxy into chaos etc...

Dra--- and DarthMateous like this.
  8. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    In a recent interview Lucas said he thinks the future of entertainment (he specifically mentioned video games and movies) will target woman. So, since he hashed out the blueprint for the new trilogy with Michael Arndt, I think it's highly probable.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Also, she should be a Skywalker, not SkySolo." If she's the daughter of Han and Leia, her name will be Solo.
    I still highly doubt Luke will be married or have kids. It's possible, but I'm really skeptical that will happen. I still believe Luke will be to busy rebuilding the Jedi Order

9. DarthMateous

Aug 1, 2002
    I like this idea. Especially, since Luke is the last Jedi (that we know of), the Jedi would be like a legend/ bed-time story to anyone born during the rule of the Emperor. To the kids, Jedi would be a myth, like a superhero. (Han's belief in ANH, suggests as much.)

So when the villains strike, there would be this amazing REVEAL, the "Superhero" moment, when Luke has to use his powers to save people. And all of the people are thinking "Holy sh@t the legends are true!" So in a sense, this would spark interest in the Jedi lore.

10. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    The daughter of Han Solo and Leia Organa recieves a lightsaber, the Millennium Falcon, and Chewbacca the Wookiee's life debt for her sixteenth birthday, and promptly joyrides off on a damned foolish idealistic crusade.

Dra---, Force Smuggler and Immortiss like this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    People do remember history. I'm well aware that the ancient civilizations, the middle ages, exploration, the revolution, the civil war, etc. all really happened.

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Actually I think people would remember Vader very well, as Vader was the one who travelled the whole galaxy relentlessly hunting dissenters, destroying all opposition to the Empire and checking on important imperial projects. You never knew where he would appear and when he did someone usually died. And then there is the whole mask/inhuman breathing thing. That's pretty scary.

Palpatine on the other hand stayed on Coruscant for the most part and played the benevolent ruler card while he sent Vader to do the really dirty work. And boy was it dirty. The EU and the movies give some impressions.

The enslavement of the Wookiees? Vader. Burning down a million Falleen? Vader. Sacrificing entire Star Destroyers just to get one tiny ship? Vader.

13. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    He didn't mean "SkySolo" would be the name; he meant "Solo, daughter of a Solo & a Skywalker". The point being, he wants the heroine to have the NAME "Skywalker", not just the genes (and I'm in that camp, too; definitely want Solo kids as well, but the 'main hero' being a Skywalker would be my first choice)

As for Luke...well, then why would Leia have time to have kids? Wouldn't she be "too busy" rebuilding the Republic? Or "too busy" helping her brother rebuild the Jedi Order, since she's likely the first Jedi he trains (being a daughter of Anakin, strong in the Force)?

Why does Leia get to take time out of her busy schedule to have a family, but Luke doesn't? And remember, Force-sensitive people are few & far between as of ROTJ, while just about anybody could become a politician, so Leia's post-Endor calling would probably lean a lot more towards becoming a Jedi and helping her brother find & train more Jedi. It's in both their interests to also have kids who can become Jedi as well... "The Force runs strong in your family... pass on what you have learned!"

14. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Re-read my post. Ventress, who had - in TCW - encountered Anakin, might well have been able to sense his presence and know who he is/was. The other stuff you said, well, you just weren't really reading my post carefully enough. I was musing on an idea suggested by DarthGizmo.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Create a meme with Vader in a bar recruiting people.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid"

That was Han in ANH, if he was well aware of the Jedi and their power would he say that?

It's not like when Vader and Luke are duking it out on the Death Star that there are many people watching, about the only one who realises what Luke is capable of as a Jedi is Jabba and even then he totally underestimates him.

It had been 30-40 years since the Jedi played some role in the Republic at the start of ANH and possibly more than 70 years by the time of Episode 7.

DarthMateous likes this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's never stated in the PT that The Force being real is common knowledge. In fact, watching the Saga, I would conclude that they thought the Jedi followed a dumb religion.

DarthMateous likes this.
  18. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

Actually in the PT it seems that Jedi and 'the force' is a little more respected and feared.

Remember when Mace says that the Jedi have 'kept the peace for a thousand years' ? Surely that means people would know and understand what they are capable of?

Remember Nute Gunray's reaction when they heard that Obi Wan and Anakin were coming to 'negotiate' ?

NUTE : (shaken) What?!? What did you say?
    TC-14 : The Ambassadors are Jedi Knights, I believe.
    DOFINE : I knew it! They were sent to force a settlement, eh. Blind me,
    we're done for!

But after the Jedi are disbanded and discredited there are several decades where no one would have heard from or seen them, older people would die and younger ones wouldn't have ever heard of them (a bit like Bing Crosby - who the hell is he anyway?).

During the whole OT there isn't any proof of any force users apart from Yoda/Obi-Wan/Darth/Luke & Sidious and not too many people really encounter their force using ways. Theres another 30 odd years or more that go by.

Then the ST is set sometime 30 years after ROTJ.

DarthMateous likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Han never says that the Jedi are powerless. He only says that The Force doesn't exist. Nor does Dofine ever say that The Force does exist.

20. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    The quotes are -

HAN: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've
    seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me
    believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's
    no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

(so basically he's saying that he's heard of the Force but that it sounds like a religion of sorts that has to do with your destiny).

And then -

Luke stands in one place, seemingly frozen. The seeker
    makes a dive at Luke and, incredibly, he managed to deflect
    the bolt. The ball ceases fire and moves back to its original
    position.

BEN: You see, you can do it.

HAN: I call it luck.

BEN: In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.

HAN: Look, going good against remotes is one thing. Going good against
    the living? That's something else.

(here Han is showing how skeptical he is that the Force can do anything)

That is pretty much all the proof I need, Han is well travelled (he says so himself) and so we are safe to assume his opinion on the Force is representative of the common knowledge at that time.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I never said it isn't. Rather, said it's representative of common knowledge at the time of both TPM and ANH.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I think the (often overlooked) entire setup of who the Jedi were in the minds of the general populace was intentionally written into the opening scene of Episode I. When the Viceroy of an extremely large and influential organization with ties all over the Republic has never encountered a Jedi Knight before... that is meant to demonstrate that the Jedi were as "mythic" and "rare" as we always believed before the Prequels were ever made. While their Temple may be in the center of the Republic, they were still larger-than-life Samurai type characters... just not the masterless, wandering Ronin that some fans wished they were portrayed as.

There is a decent case to be made that, even in their hayday, common views on Jedi were much like Gunray's: Never encountered, legendary to the point of terrifyingly superhuman, and not understood.

23. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    In TPM (and the PT generally) Jedi were leading armies (AOTC) and keeping the peace with a giant temple in Coruscant - the center of the Republic.

I posted before evidence that back then it seemed evident that people knew of the force and would respect Jedi's abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    People probably figured the Jedi were just really good warriors, not superpowered beings.

lord_eidolon likes this.
  25. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    All just a load of simple tricks and nonsense.

darklordoftech and Immortiss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.