main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    It's revealed that Darth Plagueis bought Luke's landspeeder in anticipation of there being a galaxy-wide landspeeder shortage sometime in the future. 35 years later he gains control of the landspeeder market, and uses the funds to build a new Death Star and buy a new cape.

2. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
  3. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I know I'm not necessarily in the majority around here but I would LOVE to see Thrawn as the (or at least one of the) baddies in the new trilogy. He's by far my favorite EU character.

4. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    As far as EU is concerned, there's not many good ones to choose from... ;)

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Thrawn can only be a good guy because his forces invading the galaxy wouldn't be an "original story".

Dra--- likes this.
  6. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005

jedi academy i.e jedi search dark apprentice and champions of the force

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    never read those books.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Haven't read, or don't read?

Dra--- likes this.
  9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Haven't read. trust me i'm an avid reader, i'm just trying to think what the Star Wars Novel i read cover to cover.

10. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I'm just starting Part III and I completely agree. This would be a great trilogy, Only change would be that the Leia would already have the Kids and their grown.

11. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I present Darth Archimage's idea of self-trained Force-users.
    If they do that, they better not call Joruus a Sith.

12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Man, Thrawn just won't go away will he? There's just something about a blue suntan that makes a person seem more interesting than they actually are.

Then again, Papa Smurf has always held a kind of occult like power over me.

13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I would crack up if there's a jawa in Episode VII named Thrawn just to shut EU folks up.

But that would be disrespectful to Timothy Zahn.

Dra--- likes this.
  14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Soeaking of which, going by just the OT, I would say that Palpatine looks like a tall Jawa.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Seemed like a lot of characters had that jawa thing going in the OT at some point. It was the style in the late 70's and early 80's.

16. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I only noticed Palpatine. Who else is there?

Dra--- likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Obi Wan when first encountered.

Immortiss, Dra--- and purplerain like this.
  18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Hoods were? What?

19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Episode VII could begin with the GFFA in turmoil and weakness. The collapse of the economy and hyper-inflation of goods and services has led to a basic subsistence economy. The political landscape is in tumult. The Republic undermined by powerful economic interests. Force-Sensitives born in the GFFA are becoming rare. There in the Outer-Rim a Sith Army (not Sith, but Black Armored Warriors [thinking Boushh armor] await the order of a self-taught Neo-Sith leader.

Luke has a 30 year old son, who has great Jedi leadership and abilities. A daughter who has potential, but has stifled abilities for an unknown reason. Han and Leia have a Son in the military, who is not Force-Sensitive and a teenage daughter who is strong in the Force. They are everything their parents are, but younger.

Episode VII is the story of crisis and survival. A barbarian Sith Army invasion threatens what's left of the Old Alliance of Systems. Luke is determined to fight for his friends, but concerned about involving his family. He is also worried that he has been unable to commune with his Force-Ghost Elders. In a key moment in a battle with the Free-Lance Sith and the Sith Army, Luke is trapped and there is no way out. He recognizes the moment the Force provides for him to exit this realm and see his family safe from the conflict. He is struck down with his saber in front of his face and in deep meditation...his body lies prostrate on the ground.

Meanwhile, Leia had brokered an agreement with traditionally opposed factions within and without the Republic, to send an Inter-System Alliance of Planetary Militias to the conflict, led by Han, his Son and several other leaders. They route the Sith Army with a pincers flanking move and Han, his Son and Luke's Son rescue Luke's remains and his saber. The discussion of the principles involves the origins of the Neo-Sith Army and the funding for the group. The reorganization and re-institution of the an Alliance of United Systems. And the mystery of the Force. Why is it waning?

Nenim Chela and Dra--- like this.
  20. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013

The troubling mystery of a waning Force and how this alarming development might be connected to Luke's inability to commune with Force-Ghost Elders is an intriguing idea. Both the "barbarian invaders" and Sith freelancer ideas also have potential, if employed with a little more nuance, I think. (But I like how you turn their existence into a mystery in itself.)

Plot-wise, I think a lot of people would agree--myself included--that the new films will probably involve a crisis situation where the New Republic, or the Old Alliance, or what have you, will become imperiled by the emergence of an unforeseen threat, old or new or both. The more I think of it, though, I'm starting to wonder if this won't be the first thing we get wrong about the new movies...

I wasn't too keen on the CNNish tone of the political intrigue here. But it's interesting to see that all that stuff about trade embargoes and senate hearings in the prequels have influenced the SW mythos in our minds, after all. Shakespeare had a lot of intricate political intrigue in his plays but he always found a way to make those elements feel more like archetypal dilemmas faced by powerful people than like the bureaucratic nightmares that we witness every night on TV (or on our FB mine-feeds).

Finally, the big surprise factor here was Luke getting cut down (in particular how he doesn't vanish Jedi-style afterward). Whoa. Though I probably should have seen it coming. Thanks for sharing.

Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  21. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Thank you, and thanks for the feedback. I'm not really a writer, as you can tell, but I love SW and enjoy getting inside Lucas's head, as much as I can. I'm sure much of what is written will be wrong, but it's an interesting exercise anyway.

Nenim Chela likes this.
  22. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    The new villain in Episode 7 sends a Terminator back to kill Padme during the PT so Luke & Leia can never be born.

Nenim Chela and purplerain like this.
  23. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013
    Will this take place in L.A.?

Carbon1985 likes this.
  24. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    [​IMG]
    'I promise I will not kill anyone.'

25. Carbon1985