Speculation Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    The bigger his role though- the less dubious the Jedi decision to treat the army as "For the Republic" was. Using an army that the Jedi have good reason to believe was ordered by one of them, makes more sense than using an army made by someone completely unknown, who had possibly stolen the identity of a Jedi when ordering it from the Kaminoans.
    Dra--- likes this.
  2. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    But the Jedi knew that whoever ordered the clones did it without the authorization of the council, and it's implied that Sifo-Dyas was killed before the order was placed anyway, so it seems like a moot point.
    Dra--- likes this.
  3. Jedi Comedian Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    The Clone Army is dodgy whichever way you slice it. The only reason the Jedi/Republic use it is because they feel like it's the only thing they can do to prevent a Separatist conquest.
    Dra--- and Mystery_Roach like this.
  4. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Most EU sources go with "killed just after the order was placed" (The Essential Guide to Warfare and The Essential Atlas in particular) - with Obi-Wan's recollection simply being wrong.

Still dodgy- but perhaps a little less so.
    Dra--- likes this.
  5. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    I don't put much (read any) stock in EU sources, so I have to go by what's in the movie. And as Jedi Comedian said, the Jedi weren't in a position to deny the use of the Army, and it wasn't up to them anyway. The Senate's vote to give Palpatine emergency powers allowed him to make the decision and the Jedi had to go along with it regardless of who ordered the clones in the first place. By the end of AOTC, the Jedi were more suspicious of Palpatine and the Senate, so they obviously knew something about the situation wasn't right, but without more information their hands were tied.
    Last edited by Mystery_Roach, Oct 29, 2013
    Dra--- likes this.
  6. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    They did have the choice whether or not to tell the Senate about the existence of an army that they could use.
    Dra--- likes this.
  7. bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, but wouldn't you just love to see that played out on film?!
  8. jedijax Force Ghost

star 4
    Could be somewhat interesting if the clone troopers/stormtroopers were all part of a "phase 1" of the clone project and "phase 2" involves a more evil, sinister plan with clones that are more powerful than the "kill me with one shot because I can't shoot straight" clone troopers.
    Dra--- likes this.
  9. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Was that really necessary
  10. jedijax Force Ghost

star 4
    I had always thought that Syfo-Dias was a code for Si-Dious or Sideous, until they said he was a real Jedi.
    Dra--- likes this.
  11. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Early one, the name was "Sido-Dyas" and Mace & Yoda when asked about it said there was no such Jedi (another big hint that it was an alias).

Then Lucas changed it.
    Dra--- likes this.
  12. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    AOTC gave me the impression that Dooku ordered the clones under Sifo's name with the lines "I was under the impression that he died before that." and "I was recruited by someone named Tyranus."
    Dra--- and Mystery_Roach like this.
  13. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    It's a fairly reasonable impression to have. It was the AoTC novelization that hinted Obi-Wan's impression might be wrong.

As to "recruited by a man named Tyranus" - I think the EU approach was, that the order was placed (with Sifo-Dyas promising to provide the prime clone) - then Sifo-Dyas was murdered by Dooku - then Jango appeared on Kamino, sent by Dooku.
    Last edited by Iron_lord, Oct 30, 2013
    Dra--- likes this.
  14. Mystery Roach Chosen One

star 4
    I was wondering what happened to this thread, and now I see. It went off on a Sifo-Dyas tangent (in which I see I was involved) and got itself buried. So does anybody have any relevant new ideas? I'll try to add something as soon as I can but it may take some time.
    Dra--- likes this.
  15. Dra--- Chosen One

star 5
    Don't forget the synopsis thread too!

One of my basic ideas that has survived the last few months is that the Jedi Order needs to be a lot different from the old. We need to see how this group of Jedi are more like Luke or Qui-Gon than Mace or Yoda. Less stuffy and rigid. So the plot needs to work around this basic concept, imo.

We should also have some idea of how the Sky-Solos and Republic feel about the legacy of Darth Vader. This doesn't necessarily need to be a major part of the plot, but at least it should have something to do with the characters.
    Last edited by Dra---, Nov 24, 2013
  16. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 4
    I remember Kasdan advocating for Luke to be sacrificed in the end. For the sake of the cause and as a final act of selflessness. Perhaps the new protagonist will do so. Also, I wonder if Kasdan's ideas will gain more acceptance with less direct involvement of Lucas.
    Dra--- likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    It would be shocking and wonderful if the main character (who is NOT Luke) were killed off at the end of VII.
    Dra--- likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    Larry wanted to kill Lando in "Jedi"! Larry's bloodlust must be sated! RIP Lando. Which will lead into Episode 8: A Vengeance Song for A Calrissian.
    Darkslayer, Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  19. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    I bet Larry was pi###d when he found out they killed off a certain OT character in the novels. He must've been like "they wouldn't let me kill any character and some author can roll out this?"
    Immortiss, Dra--- and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    They killed off a lot of OT characters in the novels and comics. Mostly through general wear and tear of age (Ackbar, Mon Mothma) but also sometimes in more violent fashion (Madine).

Veers I think was killed offscreen, in Dark Empire.
    Dra--- likes this.
  21. jedijax Force Ghost

star 4
    Been thinking about the whole idea of Anakin as the chosen one and the fact that the entire Star Wars saga is truly about him and his transformations.

In the first trilogy, he went from good (albeit poorly portrayed) to evil.

In the OT, he went from ultimate evil to redemption.

In keeping with the cycle, after Anakin sacrificing himself for Luke to destroy evil, it makes perfect sense for the ST to be a kind of "revelation" where the chosen one will return for the ultimate showdown against evil.

Whoever the new hero is will be key in this...helping to unlock the secrets in allowing Anakin to return to complete the chosen one prophecy.

When Luke dies in Episode 7, it is believed that Luke's spirit is the key to defeating the dark side once and for all. However, Luke's spirit explains to the new hero/heroince/prodigy that Anakin's the one who must be "brought back" for final victory. Using the history of horror that Anakin caused, the new baddie tries to lure the hero to the dark side by instilling fear and resentment in them, making the return difficult.
    Darth Raiden, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  22. Dra--- Chosen One

star 5
    I think this is one of the key decisions the writing team will have to make. Bring Anakin back in order to fit with the character arc of the first six films, or go with Luke as the key spiritual guide for the new hero. I'm not one of those who doesn't want to see old heroes brought back, so I wouldn't mind of Anakin and Luke played a role. Especially since I don't believe Anakin's personal redemption is strong enough yet.
  23. jedijax Force Ghost

star 4
    I think Luke could play an overall bigger role in the process, but ultimately his role is the help "revive" his father without whom the final victory cannot be achieved. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a big role and Anakin doesn't have to even return until Episode 9.

PT: Turn to evil
    OT: Redemption
    ST: Final return
    Darth Raiden and Dra--- like this.
  24. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm down with this, although I think the prophecy has been fulfilled. I think the key is the villain. How is it that the covenant of the prophecy is fulfilled, yet there are Sith? Personally I believe midi-chlorian science, perverted by 'unnatural' abilities, allows for a continuation without violating the prophecy.

I've been rooting for Luke to die in Episode VII for awhile, not that I don't like Luke, I just think it gives his character an importance it deserves, but my theories are not generally liked, but whose are, right? Now, I've been speculating that there is a 'disruption' in the Force that the Jedi notice in their decreased ability to use it, physically and mentally. The villain in this scenario is attempting to destroy the Jedi by severing the ties between them and their Force Ghost Elders. Luke is struck down but he doesn't transform, like Ben or the others. A mystery ensues. The theme of Spiritual Faith vs. 'Unnatural' Scientific Abilities is explored. Now the new Jedi Heroes are weak, exposed, without their greatest Mentor Master Jedi and deprived of him and the others Force Ghosts. Against a Sith who is immortal. How will they defeat this evil?

The new hero will need to save the Jedi, help the Force Ghosts and bring Anakin back to slay the immortal Sith. I've also speculated the final battle will consist of Force Ghosts whose actions will allow them to strike at the material against a Skelo-Trooper Army (that look like Battle Droids) of the 'unnatural' dead. I wouldn't mind seeing Four Horsemen (Nadd, Bane, Malgus and Palpatine or Plagueis) resurrected, wearing Vader-like armor and being destroyed by Force Ghost Anakin and Luke. The Immortal Sith cannot be destroyed, only banished from the material world for a time. Sound zany enough, yet?

It seems to me a culminating series of actions and reactions between the Light and Dark sides of the Force. For example: Plagueis meddles in midis, a Chosen One is born. The crucible of war allows for the destruction a Jedi Order mired in hubris. Then the destruction of the material Sith. Now the Sith are immortal and are attempting to control the material world and destroy all spirituality. Sounds like modern day capitalism.

Anyway, I like your thinking.
    Last edited by Immortiss, Nov 30, 2013
    Dra--- likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Well if Luke dies, it shouldn't be offscreen. That would be lame.