main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Bob Octa, randito, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I was under the impression that this was a forum where people could post their creative ideas, not where people can just post their favorite SW comic or novel.

4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Good to see you again after my long hiatus from this forum, Chiznuk. :)

Anywho, those three storylines are good reasons why much of the post-ROTJ, if not all of it, should be de-canonized. Amongst other reasons, of course, like the fact that Luke Skywalker is a Gary Stu who's completely over-powered, the Swarm War, the fact that the Big Three are almost always holding the galaxy together, stupid villains like Natasi Daala, etc., etc.

Dra--- and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I was just thinking the other day that you hadn't been around in a while so it's good to see you back! :) Hope everything's going good.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes, it has to be on a personal level, or it'll feel meaningless. That's why I say it has to be the Sith, again. I'm hoping for Plagueis, mostly, with a four horsemen group that will do his bidding while he stayed in the shadows. But I have a feeling that it's going to be either the Emperor's secret apprentice, or some new group of Sith that had been in hiding. How they came to be is anyone's guess, but I'm sure one of the Sith Lords in the thousand years that had passed could have something to do with it.

Dra--- and Iron_lord like this.
  7. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    In all seriousness, I would really like to see a heroic "Boss Binks" at some point... Obviously this can't happen in VII as the world is not ready yet (some may say it never will be) it would be better suited for IX.... I want him to have a tearjerking death scene after sacrificing himself to save the day. Jar Jar deserves some serious redemption....

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't even think Naboo will be visited, but I could be wrong, though. I mean, will Luke and Leia even care to look up their relatives? Probably not. Or did Lucas scrap Padme's family idea, anyway?

The whole thing is just weird, now...ain't it?

9. master joda

master joda Jedi Padawan

Oct 24, 2013
    I don't care as long as we get verbal confirmation of Jar Jar's gruesome death and some Lumpy action scenes

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Sorry, it's already been confirmed that Jar Jar is the main character and will be battling Meebur Gascon for control of the galaxy. ;)

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    If the Vong were originally supposed to be Sith Purebloods, maybe now they will be, and we'll see that "barbarian" invasion The Hellhammer and I have discussed?

Since a recent rumor suggests we may have no Jedi Order or a very small one in the ST, I wonder if we'll be seeing a 300 plot?

I'm also starting to think the people who have been suggesting the Republic has forbidden the recreation of the Jedi Order might be correct. The obvious reason would be fear of Force users, but I'm also thinking this ban on the Jedi could be the key concession the Republic might need to give the Imperial Remnant in order to sign a peace treaty. No Jedi for no more war? Plus fear of Force users? Those might be good reasons for no legal Jedi Order.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    The Jedi as recluses is a good idea, and it makes for a more interesting story, too. The Republic could be split on the idea that the Jedi should form up again and serve them, and the Jedi might be reluctant to get involved in another civil war that's threatening to tear this new government apart. GL did say that the ST would be something like this, and it really makes sense that it would.

In fact, I'd be disappointed if it wasn't like this.

Bob Octa and Dra--- like this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Tears of sadness or joy?

TKT likes this.
  14. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I wish the Gungans had looked more like frogs.

[​IMG]

15. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Might as well get the Pigs in Space too...

Dra--- likes this.
  16. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    & Frank Oz did all of their voices

Dra--- likes this.
  17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Pigs in Space! Ha!

I'm serious though. I think I would have like Jar Jar better if he was this smaller, hopping, more overtly frog like being. [face_pig]

Rounder faces, like Boss Nass, but without being fat.

18. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder if CIS remnants had joined the Rebel Alliance in the fight against the Empire, but turned against the other Rebels upon the fall of the Empire.

StoneRiver likes this.
  19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Taken, borrowed from other ideas and mixed with my own:

(1) The Jedi are considered fables of the past. Most want nothing to do with them. Still, Luke secretly recruits Force senatives who are seen as outcasts. He does so to obviously build the academy and from fear due to a newly discovered prophecy about the Sith returning in a time of hostility and apathy. Meanwhile, the older person in the New Republic who actively seeks to keep the Jedi and Force out of Republic matters is terribly mistrusted by a few who still believe. As it turns out, this older individual is a survivor of the Jedi purge and does not want to see it happen again. He becomes an ally, pointing Luke to the direction of others who survived but have been scattered throughout the galaxy and have lost their will to use the Force in positive ways. They reject the new prophecy at first but new threats open their eyes to it. Many have children so the search is on for this "Lost Legion" of surviving padawans who are now elders.

(2) When Luke begins to train younger padawans (teens/early 20's), the rules are hard to enforce with the new generation. When a new threat emerges, there is much dissent on how to handle it. One more more suffered loss of loved ones and have a sense of vengence. Others want to follow the rules of integrity. However, the tables turn when one of the "righteous" new padawans falls in love with a resident of the planet blamed for the new terror. The Jedi are split and an attack is planned on this planet. This turns a "righteous" Jedi into one who is angry and vengeful (yeah-like Anakin) and turns the tables on the others.

(3) Leia is fearful that her children will potentially follow the path of her father. It is agreed that they remain sheltered from the Force. However, they learn about some things from a "family friend" who has less-than-friendly motives. When a friend (or other loved one) becomes severely injured during an attack from a new enemy, the Solo children begin to look for a way to help him/her. They stumble upon a hidden message in the Jedi Archives which was strategically planted there by Palpatine during his reign. The message tells of the story of Darth Plaguis and a world that has secrets to helping those who are dying or have died. They embark on a mission to that world which brings them in contact with Sith spirits. (be it Plaguis or someone/something else). This mission leads them to a virtual "fountain of youth" on a dark world which, unbeknownst to them, will cause the Sith to somehow return to wreak havoc over the galaxy.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I can't see a CIS vs Rebel/Republic conflict in Episode VII, but in the context of the six films that we already have the Republic vs CIS and Empire vs Rebel Alliance conflicts have always been fascinating to me. In The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and half of Revenge of the Sith we as an audience are rooting for the Republic that we know will become the evil Empire in the second half of Revenge of the Sith and all of the Original Trilogy. And on the opposite side of the war, the enemies of the Prequel Trilogy, the CIS, are fighting against the Republic for the very same reason that the Rebels of the Original Trilogy are fighting against the Empire. The roles of the "good guys" and the "bad guys" switch right before our very eyes, and we barely even question it. It's a really interesting hypocritical double standard that sets itself up based primarily on the alignment of the Jedi and the Sith in either war, as we as an audience tend to side with the Jedi ideals (even when they are blind to the true nature of the corruption around them). But on the other side of the coin you could say that, for all intents and purposes, Dooku, the "fallen" Jedi, was at first in a better position than the true Jedi order as he saw the truth of the corruption in the senate much clearer than the rest of the Jedi did prior to the star of the Clone Wars and, perhaps rightfully, he acted on this knowledge and left the Order. Obviously him falling in league with Sidious and becoming a Sith and initiating a war is enough for Dooku to plummet into the realm of villain, which he so obviously did, but up until his implied meeting with Sidious it is hard to truly call him (or the CIS, for that matter) evil.To do so would be to condemn Obi-Wan and Yoda in Revenge of the Sith, and Luke and the entire Rebellion in A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

Anyways, to quote Nute Gunray, "This is getting out of hand!" I'm going to end my rant here :p

21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    EP 7.

The Galaxy is torn asunder. It resides in a perpetual state of various hornets nests of territories, split between Alliance systems, and Old Imperial ones.

Alliance - At the start of the story, the Alliance is hanging by a thread. While their political and military power is growing and they still have not established a New Republic, or a new constitution. They haven't been able to unite under one ideal. (In many ways, they're looking for a new True King to lead them) Many of the industrial forces died with the collapse of the Empire. In many ways the promises from defeating the Empire have dimmed. Hope is lost.

Empire - The Empire for all intents and purposes is gone! However, in its place, many of the governors who were ruling their owns systems at the time of RotJ are still in power. Presently, they rule as mini warlords. Their systems are placed under embargoes, and lie behind "Iron Walls". (Much like Post WW2, Berlin Wall, or even Cuba). The peoples of these systems are in economic ruin.

Bounty Hunters and Spies - Due to the chaotic nature of things, bounty hunters and spies are found in all corners of the Galaxy. (Think 1950s - 60s. The rise of the CIA, Russia vs USA).

New Threat - Taking advantage of this broken galaxy an external horde invades the outer rim systems. These are dark side warriors (NOT SITH). They are an entirely new Force Sensitive sect. They have no religious order, it is pure barbarianism in nature. (In fact, there are many various Force aware sects ... The Jedi were just one, just the Strongest.)

Symbolism - Civilization vs Barbarism. Rule and Order vs. Chaos. We have a Galaxy that has gone from democratic Republic, to Empire. It's always easier to destroy than to build and the goal of the ST will be to a return to Order. Return to a pure civilization once more. It doesn't happen off screen, we get to witness it.

In many ways, Anakin/Vader is perfect representation of the Galaxy, and of the Force. As a child, he was came into the story with wonder and goodness but with a poorly working Republic. As a teen, he lost his innocence just as the Republic did. As he died and became Vader, so too the Republic died at the same time. During the dark times, we have a lifeless being, living only by dark side use and evil technology. The system should be dead, yet it lingers on with deadly ruthlessness.

Thanks to Luke, Anakin is now in the spirit world, thus the Galaxy can return to that spiritual purity as well.

We have the Alliance on one side trying to build civilization again, vs a pure chaotic barbarian non-order.

Luke - He's essentially been in hiding, somewhat exiled - but not due to any threat. He seeks to learn more about the Force. He's like don Quixote, searching for the answers about the Force. About the old Republic. He's a true master though. In many ways The White Knight. At the start of the story, the Jedi Order is just him and one apprentice. This mirrors the PT, with the Sith being on the outside of things, with only two members. As Sidious was the one planning the destruction of the Republic from the outside - or inside, Luke acts the same for the ST and rebuilding it. Luke and Palps are mirror opposites. (Which makes sense since they both fought over Anakin's -ei: the Galaxy's, soul. Luke won)

I think Luke also might take on a Merlin role and find a new King, a new ruler, democratically elected, to establish the New Republic - a new Camelot (like, Post Rome Collapse, with King Arthur and Merlin, or again, just like post WW2, Kennedy- Cuba era)

As EP 7 progresses he comes out of hiding and enacts a plan to save the Galaxy. Once the Barbarian horde invades, it's him and his apprentice who save the Day. The Jedi begin to truly earn their acceptance from the people once ore (Who up to now still view the Jedi as a hinderance - traitors, clone wars, Vader!, etc.)

And Luke gets the Alliance and the Old Imperial systems to team up. The two sides join forces because they have no other choice. The tear begins to be resown. Civilization begins the long road to being rebuilt, and its Luke (and Leia and the rest of the cast) that starts that process.

22. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    The Sith are gone, the Empire is gone. The New Republic is established and so is the new Jedi Order. I don't know if Luke is going to be head of the Jedi any more like Yoda was, but is deciding or not the Galaxy is finally safe and if its time for him to step down from the Jedi Council and wander off on his own and meditate as a hermit. But it is not.

A hoard of Dark Jedi that emerged from deep space after the fall of the Empire. It's insane leader seeks to be invincible and to dismantle the New Republic and the Jedi Order to form his own Galaxy spanning empire. He seeks out the legendary Kaiburr crystal to use the Dark Side to preserve his life force indefinitely and to make the son of Luke Skywalker his apprentice.

Meanwhile his son Ben is debating or not whether to keep following the path of the Jedi or pursue another all his own. Why not have a Jedi leave the order seeking another way of life such as being an explorer/scientist or a space pilot for the Republic instead of being bogged down in the politics of Jedi affairs? Though not in the way that Cade Skywalker does in the Legacy era This could create a new rift in the family for him as he decides the fate of his destiny. Luke will be deeply conflicted by this as he has spent almost his entire life just bringing back the Jedi Order and his own son just wants to abandon it.

When this new threat, greater than most since the fall of the Empire will test his willingness to stay in the order or not. Ben does leave for some time during this crisis and no one can find him including his father. He will be tempted by the Dark Side in his isolation.

23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I want Han to wear an earring, and everyone tell him how daft he looks with an earring, but that makes him wear the earring more, and then the earring gets infected, and he dies.

24. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I honestly think the Yuuzhan Vong and the war they have needs to be purged from the canon completely. Hopefully Disney does so.

Another enemy that has not been addressed except for the KOTOR games are the Mandalorians. In the aftermath of the Galactic Civil War a new Mandalore rises, builds a new war fleet, and seeks to conquer for themselves a brand new Mandalorian Empire after eons of being in the shadows. This creates a new arch nemesis for the Jedi and also kicks out both the Sith and Palpatine's Empire as the main villains. They are also a new formidable threat.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Tittilatia

Tittilatia Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2014
    Sidious orchestrated his own demise as Vader's hands at the end of ROTJ as the culmination of an elaborate 25-year secret Sith ritual he was performing to make himself virtually immortal (he had infused the Death Star's reactor core with some ancient ceremonial force-charged crystals or whatever, and needed to be empowered by the energy of Vader's betrayal before he could plunge into the reactor core and explode outwards into the galaxy when the Death Star exploded in order to become a near-ominsicient Dark Force ghost (or whatever).

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

It would be cool if we found out in the new movie that the Emperor is much more powerful than Yoda, Ben and co. and that even the defeat of his own Empire was foreseen by him and is part of a much larger, more insidious plan.

Also, Han and Leia should NOT be married. No dramatic/romantic tension. Better if they haven't seen each other in years, ala Indy and Marion, or perhaps Lando ended up marrying Leia, causing a schism between him and Han, for reasons that are not clear at first, but are gradually made more clear throughout the trilogy.

StoneRiver, Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.