main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Did the Emperor anticipate his own death at the end of the Return of the Jedi? Yes? If he did, then perhaps his master plan was not finished yet. Perhaps there was a purpose behind his death that will be seen in future films. Because the Emperor pulled a bunch of strings in the Prequel Trilogy, so perhaps he continued pulling strings in the Original Trilogy as well. Maybe the Emperor had spies inside of the Rebel Alliance & was in fact still pulling strings in the OT just as much as he was pulling strings in the PT. Perhaps there are still mysteries that we are yet to discover until later films.

2. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    I'd like a Mace Windu-led Dark Jedi faction rising up to obliterate the NJO. Set it in the great big hole currently sitting from c.50ABY to 130ABY.

I've always thought that Windu went out like a bit of a punk. He deserved better than that. Maybe he fell onto one of the many speeders driving past the Chancellors apartment, and a combination of trauma and shock lead to to amnesia. He starts to lead a thoroughly normal life, having no idea who he is, so he just integrates into the lives of the people who rescued him (otherwise known as the people whose speeder he fell on). But he starts to realise he's different, and suffers from the same Force shock as Kenobi when Alderaan cops it. He starts to research the Jedi, strictly word-of-mouth, and pieces together who he really is. He goes to find the other Order 66 survivors, and gathers around a couple of dozen, scattered to the winds, and falls to the Dark Side in his desire for revenge. By this time, he's elderly, and Luke's NJO has risen. With all the changes Luke has made (marriage and whatnot), Windu and the Survivor Army (which has grown in number due to finding Force-sensitives) view the new Jedi as a perversion, and begin an all out assault on the members of it.

Master_Ysagon likes this.
  3. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Luke vs leia

Either cloned Luke (bad) vs leia (real Luke died) maybe leia creates the clone but a ghost sith (sidious or plageus) versus a leia supported by ghost jedi.

Or leia turns bad with the power and Luke had to stop her

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

4. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    No clones!

5. The Crippled God

The Crippled God Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    Star Wars: Episode VII: The Dark Legacy

Luke Skywalker struggles with his past. The Emperor's mad laughter still echoes in his mind. The pain he endured at the Emperor's hands doesn't seem to go away. And he almost succumbed to the Dark Side, haunting his days and nights. Did he have to use the Force to choke those guards in the palace of Jabba the Hutt? What if Vader hadn't reacted when he attacked the Emperor with his lightsaber? What if he is still susceptible to the Dark Side of the Force?
    These woes have forced Luke Skywalker into hiding, contemplating his past and wondering about his destiny. The words of Yoda, back on Dagobah, were clear: "Pass on what you have learned." But Luke Skywalker hesitates. He has given some advice, some insight into the ways of the Force...but not taken on a padawan, an apprentice. What if he fails the way Obi-Wan Kenobi did with Luke's father?

On CORUSCANT, Princess Leia Organa intercepts a mysterious signal from somewhere in the Outer Rim Territories. In the middle of setting up an investigation of this signal, there is an assassination attempt on her, throwing the government into turmoil. Can the murder of the New Republic's figurehead lure Luke Skywalker out of his self-imposed exile? And can he fight this threat alone, or will he need to take on an apprentice?

...something like this sounds good to me. It's just a setup really for the story to come. I'm thinking Luke takes on an apprentice, maybe a female main character. I have no idea what the source of the signal could be, but I like the thought of Luke's inner conflict (don't know how to make it work on screen though, especially considering the fact that Star Wars is supposed to be action and adventure).

Master_Ysagon likes this.
  6. CC-8917

CC-8917 Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    I feel like new movie should in some way focus on Luke and Leia finding out more about their "mother". They have the conversation in Episode 6 and then it's never really mentioned in anything of the books after. Tattooine Ghost mentions Shmi Skywalker and Leia finding out about her grandmother, I think it make for a good storyline at least for the first movie. Another idea I had was to grant everyone's wish and keep Ashoka Tano alive along with Starkiller from Force Unleashed and make them characters in the new trilogy. Both were apprentices to Anakin and could shed some light on what he was like.

yggdrasil311 likes this.
  7. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I like a lot about what you say. I feel that the whole "immaculate conception" thing was completely glanced over. It would be cool for Luke to go investigate the Jedi Archives, investigate his own path and find out some major thing that will not only reveal what his own past is, but will be a major threat for everyone's future.

Master_Ysagon and Darth kRud like this.
  8. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars VII: Female Lesbian Jedi Versus Male Gay Sith Turtles?

RAZORBLADE likes this.
  9. metr0man

metr0man Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    Jaina Solo is an adventurous, impulsive 18year old wild child... a brilliant pilot with raw untapped Force ability and an unfortunate tendency to dip into the Dark Side of the Force.

Everything is thrown into chaos when the Mandalorians attack the New Republic with a series of guerrilla terrorist style attacks, including an attempt on the life of Jaina's mother and leader of the Republic, President Leia Organo-Solo...

Jaina takes it upon herself to take off alone, to find and recruit the Jedi. Chased across the galaxy by the Mandalorians, she is shot down and saved by her uncle Luke Skywalker, a Jedi Grandmaster, and headmaster of a secret reclusive hidden "school" for young new Jedi.

With the Mandalorians assault coming from all sides of the New Republic, it's up to Jaina to learn the ways of the Force, convince Luke that she's ready and willing to be trained, and help the Jedi make a triumphant return to being the saviors of the galaxy.

Subplots:
    -Sith influence on the Mandalorians
    -one of Luke's students secretly practicing the dark side powers, who is a love interest for Jaina
    -Han Solo, frustrated at being "caged" behind a desk as a general and wife of the president... Leaping back into action when he finds out Jaina is being targeted
    -Jaina sidelined by Luke for the big battle for not taking orders and using the dark side... Her proving herself to him in the climax.

Film ends with all the Jedi saving the galaxy, celebrations, Han Solo having one last triumphant Falcon victory moment, and Jaina's goodbye to mom n dad as she leaves with Luke to train full time to becoming a Jedi...

Set up for Episode 8 which would be about her training, romance with dark side student, new Sith Lords, heavy on Luke as Yoda figure, sort of a "Star Wars Hogwarts" kind of feel.

Master_Ysagon and RAZORBLADE like this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Everyone's wish? o_O

11. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012
    You know, they were pretty insistant on recently saying that the new trilogy will be an "original story" but I HIGHLY doubt at any point we will get any sort of confirmation that the new story will involve "original characters only," especially now when it looks as though we'll probably have Han and Leia's kids as possible main characters. We know that the story will be the continuation of the Skywalker saga so it has to be either Luke's kid(s) or Han and Leia's (it would give more reason for them to decide to keep Han alive through ROTJ other than toys). Sad thing is that the Solo twin's stories have already been told in an excellent way in the EU so it will be hard for them to match that or even not take from those stories. I have a feeling what we'll see will be very close to or maybe an amalgamation of the Solo twin's story arch from the different books (Anakin turning to the dark side, his sister trying to save him... that's some good **** right there)

Based on what they've confirmed so far, they could take some ideas and characters from the EU and wrap them into a tighter, more cohesive story that they can safely spin as "original" and because they have yet to confirm if it will deal with all original characters, (I'm betting they won't ever confirm that) there's a chance we could see any number of EU characters brought to life such as Mara Jade or Thrawn. Why not? They can take the characters that the fans have all conclusively decided to love as a whole and throw them into a new story. I believe Disney owns ALL of those characters now so they may choose to bank on some of them which I feel is highly likely. George himself even referred to the EU when he did the interview explaining how he was passing a bunch of stuff off to K.Kennedy including "stories.....comics...a treasure trove." There's no avoiding the fact that this new trilogy will in some way be either directly or indirectly influenced by the EU because George opened up the time after ROTJ for EU authors to fill with new stories but disallowed ANY book or comics to be written about the times before ANH.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  12. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Well Ahsoka shouldn't be alive and Starkiller should be non-canon.
    Mandalorian attack could be a greath idea, because it doesn't involve bad imperials attacking(getting boring and overused), and there are no sith(can't we leave them alone untill Kraty makes a surprise return much after this movie).
    What would be best is a presonal story like Sky(walker)fall. Lots of nods to star wars mythology, a necessary change in style, handing over the torch to new people, and someone with a grudge against Luke. If I could choose the killing method of Darth Silva, I would have him use HK-47.
    No clones please. If you mustm only Thrawn.

13. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Return of the Troll, by the look of it!

14. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Gets down on knees and prays.

One Can Hope

15. Jedi Master Kenobi

Jedi Master Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2012
    So many good ideas but mainly:
    -We need 3 brand new heros (Could be kids of OT characters), but they need to be late teens to early 30s. This is consistant with both trilogies.
    -Palps and/or Vader has set whatever the new threat is into motion before his death. It's taken 20-30 years to happen by design which is why we are seeing the new trilogy. This could be a new life form created by midicloreans (Sorry but it's more believable than anyone actually sleeping with the disgusting old prune ;) ) that has taken this long to grow/train.
    -Han has left Leia... He is nowhere to be seen until he arrives out of nowhere assisting one of the heros by shooting down an enemy. Anyone who believes Han adapted to domestic life with a family, also thinks Greedo shot first.
    -There is no Jedi as there is no need for them. Luke has retired back to moisture farming. He will train the new "New Hope/s".
    -I'd like to see a mix of planets from both trilogies plus new planets. Can we please return to Tatooine to actually SEE a Tusken slaughter this time? Those guys have been creeping me out for 30 years now I'd really like to see them cop it if only for my own closure/mental health.

Look as long as there's my fave 2 droids, lightsabers, blasters and some kind of troops evolved from Clone/Storm troopers it can't be that wrong, can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, he had plans for the possibility that he would die, even if he didn't actually foresee it. Hence his confidence when he challenges Luke to "Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey toward the Dark Side will be complete!" since he couldn't actually be 100% certain Vader would intervene. (especially since he knew about Vader's plans to overthrow him, from ESB).

We don't know yet how the sequel movies will handle it, however.

17. TWISTY

TWISTY Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2012

Were you born without a sense of humor? I understand that most people aren't naturally comedians but that's the worst attempt at humor I have ever seen.

18. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    I've talked in various threads about concepts for Jedi civil war stories, pirate stories etc. I have three or four solid trilogy plots that I could talk about here. But the one I'm going to talk about has begun to stand out in my mind in recent days. Prepare to have your minds blown...or not. :D

STAR WARS
    Epilogue
    THE FORCE REKINDLED

Open on Tatooine. Midday. Two brothers are out in the desert, hunting a Tusken Raider party that's been attacking the outer defence turrets of a remote settlement beyond the Dune Sea, testing strengths and weaknesses. Draze, the older brother leads while Seth, who is just a few years younger, follows. Draze in particular is so determined to track down the Raiders that he brings them far out from the settlement, too far to head back when a massive sandstorm kicks up. Seth and Draze find shelter in a nearby cave to wait the storm out. When it passes, they emerge to find that the sands have shifted, revealing a Corellian freighter that had been buried by the desert. It's old. Very old. Curious, the brothers approach the ship and decide to see if there's anything worth salvaging. Most of the technology is archaic, the computer systems primitive. But in the cargo hold, they find a deactivated astromech droid.

They decide to activate it and as soon as it stirs to life, the droid begins to play a holo-recording. It's a message. A figure appears in the message. None other than Luke Skywalker. One of the brothers comments that he looks almost as old as the ship. Luke introduces himself as a Jedi Knight and explains that after the restoration of the Galactic Republic, Luke dedicated himself to learning the mysteries of the Force with a view to training others in the ways of the Jedi. He traveled the galaxy and came across a species so in tune with the Force that they could reach out and perceive galactic events, past, present and future. They watched galactic history unfold without ever engaging in it themselves. They watched and they kept records. Records of wars and peace, of great Empires and Republics, of legendary Jedi and the history of the Sith. They studied the Force as they studied the galaxy. Always perceiving but never getting involved. All of their records were gathered together in what legend would come to call the Journal of the Whills. Luke had found the Whills and their great journal. But as he grew older, he knew his own mission to restore the Jedi would take longer than his lifetime. So he sought to preserve the knowledge he had gained so that future generations might take up the mantle of the Jedi. Within the astromech droid's memory banks was a copy, perhaps the only copy left, of the Journal Of The Whills. Luke ends his message by saying that he hopes that the person watching the message will use the knowledge wisely and fulfill his dream of restoring the Jedi Order.

The message ends, the two brothers are stunned. As far as they knew, the Force was a myth. Luke Skywalker was part of an old legend. The Jedi were nothing more than the elite guard of the old Republic, with no special powers. The Republic itself...well...it had collapsed 4,000 years ago. The old astromech droid was Artoo Deetoo. The freighter was the Milllennium Falcon. Luke had recorded the message four millennia ago and was long dead. Coruscant is in ruins, now no more than a planet-wide graveyard from a long forgotten war. The galaxy is divided into small factions, constantly at war with each other for control. It's a violent, untamed galaxy.

And so the two brothers decide to study the Journal of the Whills and try to learn the ways of the Force. Maybe they can become Jedi, maybe they can teach others and someday, restore the legend of the great Republic from their history books. But as they learn the ways of the Force, the brothers begin to realise that they have different ideas about how to unite the galaxy.

"Epilogue" would be a three part story. Part one deals with the state of the galaxy 4,000 years after Return of the Jedi, the discovery of the Journal Of The Whills, the brothers learning about the mythical Force and the conflicts that ultimately divide them. Part one would be set mostly on Tatoonie. They would eventually leave in order to find the materials they need to build their lightsabers but part one is relatively small in scope. It's a more personal story about two brothers driven apart by conflicting views on how best to use the power they've been given. Luke's hologram appearance and Artoo Deetoo are the only characters to appear from the old movies. What happened to the Millennium Falcon for it to crash on Tatooine with Artoo on board but no apparent remains of anyone else? That's my secret.... :p

"Epilogue" part 2 would see one of the brothers, Draze, attempting to use his power to take control of the factions and unite them under his banner. He would gain a foothold by using the Force to convince the faction leaders of his usefulness and by promising to train a Jedi army for them but of course he would betray the faction leaders and take control for himself. Meanwhile Seth would follow a different path, guided by visions to seek out and help those in need, gathering allies along the way and training them as Jedi. He would find himself becoming a liberator of worlds, and those worlds would ally themselves with him, even though he asked for no such allegiances or power.

Epilogue "part 3" sees it all come to a head. You've got two groups of Jedi, all trained using the knowledge from the Journal of the Whills but taught in different ways. Both brothers want to unite the galaxy and restore the light of the Force but both have different ideas about what that means. Something has to give. Jedi fight Jedi, worlds fight worlds, brother fights brother.

The idea behind the concept is to bring the Force back to being a complete mystery and to play on the idea of Star Wars as a modern myth. These brothers have this journal that they don't fully understand and unlike Luke, they don't have a mentor to guide them. Luke would show up as a Force Ghost at some point but for the most part they're on their own. Neither of them are really bad guys. The bad guys are the people who want to exploit them and their powers. The brothers to come to blows as their conflicting ideas tear them apart but it's not about simple good vs evil. I also have a sense that this story would almost be about coming full circle with the Jedi. The first Jedi who turned against the Jedi Order and ultimately became Sith probably didn't start out wanting to rule the galaxy, they just thought there might be a better way of doing things, that perhaps Jedi could and should do more than sit in a temple and meditate.

I don't call this Episode 7 because it's not about the Skywalkers. It's about the opening to every Star Wars film - A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
    Well what if it's still a galaxy far, far away but isn't such a long time ago anymore? That was my starting point. Jump forward a few thousand years and see what's happening in the galaxy. Treat the Skywalker Saga like it's little more than an old legend and then tell the story of discovering that the legend is real.

Master_Ysagon and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  19. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012

Sideous may have had a backup plan for his defeat in the Return of the Jedi.

If not, then Plagueis may have had a backup plan for when Sideous supposedly defeated him.

If not, then Tenebrous may have had a backup plan for when Plagueis supposedly defeated him.

In future films, we may see some or all three of these Sith Lords, or none of them.

......then there is Bane, Maul, Windu, Asoka, Star Killer, etc......

But I would love to see powerful Sith Lords in the new films.

I don't really care who the new bad guys will be.

Just make them really cool.... like cooler than Vader.

20. Jedi-NL

Jedi-NL Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2012
    I would love to see Mark Hamill return to play Luke as a Jedi master to train a new generation of Jedi or maybe even his own son, to fight a new sith. I hope there will be iconic scenes like all the original Star Wars movies had and to see Han, Leia, Chewie and Lando return, played by the actors from the original trilogy.

Sign this petition and share the link if you would like to see the old cast return as well.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/starwarsoldcast

21. ZenBird

ZenBird Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2005
    Truthfully, I think the only way to go and keep the same themes is to have a full-on Jedi Civil War, with Luke murdered in episode VII by his star pupil (an echo of Kenobi's lie in ANH, and an echo of the loss of Kenobi and Qui-Gon at the start of each trilogy). Then leave it up to Han and Leia's kids to do the avenging, and keep together the faction of 'good' Jedi as they oppose the Sith worshipping (but NOT Sith) rogue Jedi.

I think the Force ghosts can figure into the final battle (something Lucas originally wanted on the OT); I think

Just picture the lightsaber battles! Picture Han dying in a fireball during a giant space battle with these rogue Jedi (who have the remaining might of an Imperial remnant on their side, perhaps). Picture Chewie finally allowed to pull someone's arms off! Picture Leia ruling the galaxy....ah, I get douche chills just thinking about it. :)

22. Sith_Lord_Sam

Sith_Lord_Sam Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2012
    Me and a friend came up with this idea:

Present Day Earth...
    A teen in high school feels isolated and alone from all the others. He feels like he doesn't belong. He then starts to notice he can do things a normal person can't do. (like persuading people to do things they wouldn't normally do, electrocuting things, ect.. like like force powers but in moderation) He then starts finding people (like 2 or 3) that have the same powers as he does and they discover the secrets of the force in a section of a library that is off limits. They then find a map to a secret hidden cave underground or in a mountain that leads them to a star ship that they take on a journey outside their solar system to the Star Wars Universe.

That all we got so far and I think its a pretty good story line haha

23. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Episode VI:

After the end of Darth Vader & Sidious, Luke travels all over the galaxy to learn of the Force and restore the Jedi Order into a new generation. He started training many Padawan Jedi for 30 years, marrying Mara Jade and raising a son named Ben Skywalker; named after the late Obi-Wan Ben Kenobi. While Leia & Han Solo now married, raised children of their own: Jacen, Jaina & Anakin (named after the late Anakin Sywalker).

Ben Skywalker grown to be a great Jedi sets off on a quest with his cousins Anakin, Jaina & Jacen and others that will join their quest. Anakin struggles with his name, because he fears he'll end up just like his grandfather, despite not wanting to be a Jedi and wielding the Force.

24. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    The New Republic, after seeing the Sith Lords rule and Dark Jedi fill in their role in the galaxy, outlaw all lightsabers. The Jedi go willingly giving theirs up but the Sith don't listen to Republic rules and proceed to chop the galaxy apart bit by bit

25. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Here's my two cents for an opening crawl.

Episode VII: An Evil Rises Forth

It is an era of peace. The New Republic has brought stability and prosperity to thousands of solar systems throughout the galaxy.

Hoping to further secure this peace, Supreme Chancellor Leia Organa is travelling with a special delegation to the distant planet of Dosuun.

Unbeknowst to the Chancellor, a Mandalorian cruiser is heading for the planet to fulfill an ancient prophesy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.