main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I believe your spot on pretty much on that. I think this new trilogy should revolve around the force, meaning that will be the main interest for the movies. There ages sound about right, but maybe 70's might be on the older side. I think 60's would fit the proposed timelines.

2. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah I agree with you about that whole concept 100%. I think multiple smaller factions against the construction of the New Republic.

3. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah that would fit good in this new trilogy. Luke's search for his Jedi heritage and learning that Anakin was born of a virgin birth and maybe who was actually behind the Anakin-birth project. Wouldn't be a bad concept to toy with?

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Andy Wylde : As we've been discussing in the other thread, glad you got the "Reply" quoting working now. But please don't forget to use the "Edit" function so you don't have to make multiple posts back-to-back. Also, you can hit Reply on more than one post at a time while composing a single response... as in, hit Reply on post A, type below that quoted text, then hit Reply on post B, type below that quoted text, etc.

5. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    Ok I see what you mean on that. I gotcha on that. Thanks again.

EHT likes this.
  6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Ridley daughter of Han / Leia crash lands on Tatooine & ends up at the Mos Eisley cantina where she meets Boyega & senses something in him & asks for his help , he manages to fix her ship but they are attacked by Sith Witches & barely escape....they go to Coruscant where a massive assault is launched on Coruscant by a Sith army.....Han , Boyega , Ridley & Issac's escape a crumbling Coruscant & go in search of Luke who has gone into exile..........

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    ^^^pretty close to as simple as the story needs to be, but it certainly does sound like TPM and ANH combined into one. I'd be all for a simple story, but how safe can they play it?

But I like simple. Simple is good, sometimes familiar, easy to follow, etc. I LOVED the first seasons of LOST and HEROES because they were simple. I liked the last season of LOST as well because it at least looked like it was going to be simple.

You can have simple but also have twists and turns within that simplicity that doesn't make the entire plot hard to follow.

I still like the idea of starting with a ragtag group of Force users that come together, create a Jedi academy, then later help to create the New Republic and Jedi council. I like the idea of this being Luke's ultimate destiny.

I can see a tradeoff where, unlike the PT and OT, the Jedi master doesn't die in the first movie. Instead, he survives at least until the end of Episode 8. Instead, sadly, Han is the "elder" who dies early.

8. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    During the latter seasons of LOST I remembered missing the simplicity of season 1, where they were just people stranded on a beautiful desert island. That sense was completely "lost" after season 2...

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I much preferred "dramatic Gilligan's Island" to the quasi-intellectual tropical cabinet of Caligari thing they ended up steering toward.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Sometimes simple works really well. See Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

11. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    From everything I've heard, the new SW has a true feel of Wizard of Oz in space, which is what ANH was anyway. I'm all for that with some changes. Not a rehash of ANH itself but a different version of WOO. You have Dorothy (Daisy) and some new friends (John, Domhnall, Oscar) and likely the droids going with an old friend/relative (Han) to find the wizard (Luke) and being tracked by an evil witch (Sith witches?). She is trying to get back home (Leia). By the time they get there though, some friends betray the group.

I'm thinking a combination of Wizard of Oz and XMen: First Class.

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    So Kenny Baker, Warwick Davis and Tom Cruise will be playing the flying monkies? :D

13. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Daisy and John have been pursued across the desert of Tatooine. At this point, Daisy is desperate to get back to the hijacked ship from which she came but was forcibly ejected by orders of her mother, Leia. John, posing as a pirate, has been sent to protect her. At first, Daisy has no trust for him but a bond has been created.

Stealing canyon gliders, they race from desert to rocky terrain, seemingly helpless to lose the relentless armored troops chasing them. They swoop deep into a canyon floor and tumble off of the gliders. They find themselves surrounded by a horrible group of Kryte dragons. Surprisingly, after being cornered, they are stunned to find the Kryte dragons not wanting to devour them. They don't understand why, but Daisy senses that it has something to do with the way she closed her eyes and hoped very very hard that they wouldn't become dragon chow. They back off. Daisy opens her eyes and sees that John has been injured. From the cave-like dwelling behind them, a voice whispers "come in here now before they find you".

Once inside, a cloaked figure removes his hood. As the audiences expects it to be Luke, it is a young, red-harie, scraggly looking man.

Dom: The kryte dragons are relentless but they know when to strike. They didn't chew you to smithereens. They were influenced.
    Daisy: What is going on? Who are you?
    Dom: You don't need to know that right now. Just know you're safe-for the moment. You're her, aren't you?
    Daisy: Her? Her who? I just want to get back to my mother's ship to save her and her crew.
    Dom: Ah....you don't know. Well that figures. It's a good thing I suppose. I've been expecting you. But you've saved me from venturing out to find you. Thanks! (turning to the injured John)
    John: (wincing in pain) don't mention it.
    Daisy: this is getting weird! I don't even...
    Dom: You weren't only sent her for safety. You were sent here for a mission that's just begun. But your buddy needs help-FAST.
    Daisy: Just tell me....
    Dom: There will be time later for all of that. You want to help your mother, I'll show you how and where to go. Meanwhile, we need to get <John> help (uses a different name than the one he's used).
    Daisy: (turning to John), I thought you were <fill in blank>. You two KNOW each other?
    Dom: (to John). The inquisitors have been following me for quite a while. This place, for some reason, shields me from them.
    John: Yeah I know-can I please get some help!?
    Dom: Daisy, I need your help. We can help John for a short time, but you'll need to go to <new location> to get help from the B'marr Monks. Kryte dragons have a poison in their claws that takes a special remedy.
    Daisy: Sure, whatever, but what about those....
    Dom: You have a gift. You know how to use it. You already have and it worked.
    Daisy: Listen, I don't know about a journey or anthying, but could you please tell me a little about...
    Dom: I'm your cousin. That's all you have to know for now.

They temporarily heal John and after some more information about the journey, but not much. They depart and that's the last we see or hear from Dom until later when he appears with Luke. It appears that Dom has been able to throw the baddies off Daisy's trace. There comes a time when we learn that Luke does NOT have a son, but Dom has been posing as such to distract the baddies from the real target: Daisy and John actually leave using the Kryate dragons to attack their chasers. They make it to the B'marr monks using an item that was placed in Daisy's bag while in the Tatooine main vending area (by Bob) after trying to steal things using the "gifts" she knows nothing about (the Force). "Bob" is a B'marr monk and the B'marr monks end up helping them. John, however, needs more medical attention which he later gets from Gwen Christie.

The monks, however, relay an important tale about the main plot of things. They are the keepers of the Force secrets and documents and help Tatooine be shielded (which is why both Anakin and Luke could not be easily detected).

14. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    This was posted in another thread, but I will post it here as well.

Daisy Ridley - Nellith Solo, daughter of Han and Leia
    John Boyega - Kadar Starkiller, pickpocket, found on Tatooine by Nellith
    Oscar Isaac - Crispin Hoedaack, a former bounty hunter
    Andy Serkis - Montross, who is CGI and companion of Oscar Isaac's character
    Domhnall Gleeson - Deak Skywalker, Luke's son
    Adam Driver - Darth Kane, the main villain
    Max Van Sydow - Cos Da****, Imperial officer who fought at the Battle of Endor, the Tarkin to Driver's Vader

Most of these names are taken from rough drafts of Episodes IV and V. Most will probably not be used, but think at least one of these names will be accurate.

Plot predictions:
    Again, some of this is based off of The Star Wars rough draft.

Luke Skywalker is training his son, Deak, and niece, Nellith on Tatooine. The Imperial Remnant invades, and a mysterious Sith Lord attacks Luke and company, killing Deak. The Republic forces stationed there engage the Imperials. After a massive battle, Luke and Nellith escape Tatooine with the help of a pickpocket, Kadar Starkiller, who seems to inhibit the powers of the Force, but doesn't know it.

Meanwhile, on Coruscant, Leia oversees the New Republic, while Han Solo is an admiral. Suddenly, Luke and the two young ones arrive on Coruscant, reporting what has happened. Immediately, they all go out in the Falcon to investigate. leaving Leia behind. Chewbacca is off negotiating with the animal-like Youreallians, who are similar to Wookiees, on the planet Aquilae. The Empire attacks here next and Chewie fights off the stormtroopers. The Falcon lands on Aquliae and finds the leader of the Yourellians, Montross along with his partner, Crispin Hoedaack. The band is back together and goes on one last adventure.

In the Unknown Regions, orbiting the prison planet of Sicemon is an Imperial Fleet, led by Cos Da****. Da**** was a young officer at the Battle of Endor. He was the one who sent Darth Kane to kill Luke Skywalker. Da**** has been using his ship to cut off all communication throughout the galaxy.

Our heroes return to Coruscant to find that Leia has been kidnapped. Tracing the kidnapper, they find she has been taken to Sicemon. Han, Nellith, Chewie and Crispin rescue her. Luke, Kadar, the droids, and Montross and his people form a strategy to destroy the communications ship. They rescue Leia, but Darth Kane has set up a trap for our heroes. Han Solo sacrifices himself to let the others escape.

The republic fleet, lead by Luke attacks the communications ship. Finally, they destroy it, with the help of the Force. Kane escapes Sicemon into the galaxy. The heroes celebrate on Coruscant, but not before they mourn the loss of Solo.

Yes, it sounds similar to A New Hope. Again, a lot of this is based off of The Star Wars. But I think Abrams will play it safe, but still make an entertaining film.

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  15. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Someone force chokes Hans leg and breaks it, beginning a galaxy wide search.

16. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Anyone see the ALLEGED script page that says the black suited storm troopers are referred to as "an army of Darth Vaders"? I kind of like the idea of the empire paying homage to Vader.

17. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Where was that?

18. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    http://m.imgur.com/al8SFrV

Notice it says POSSIBLE leaked page and also says "probably fake". So even the source is not proclaiming it's 100% authentic.

19. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Thanks. Most likely, although Kudos for the attempt at the watermark.

Green_Destiny_Sword likes this.
  20. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I think JJ will want to recapture the mood and feel of the OT but with a modern take, otherwise playing it safe would've seen three American actors playing the leads, which is absolutely not what we are going to get.;)

21. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    I hope that doesn't happen. I seen the post where it shows the script for it and feel it is fake. That would be the lamest idea yet. Vader's lore should be just kept to the OT. An army of Vader's? Seriously? That is just an abomination of a concept.

22. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    I agree. But I only liked the idea of their armor paying homage, not being a replica.

Trust me, I'm the last person who thinks these films need to reference the old ones. I wouldn't even mind if ep 7 didn't have an opening crawl. But the black armor that has some vader type styling appealed to me.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  23. Darth Uma-Queca

Darth Uma-Queca Jedi Knight

Jun 17, 2014
    Remember these guys from Return of the Jedi?

[​IMG]

What if they were Sidious backup plan? Let me explain: they are Sith worshipers tasked with ensuring a soft transition to an Imperial Militar puppet-leadership And finishing the train of a secret Sidious' Sith apprentice or a strong force-sensitive child. About 10 years later, after finishing his training, he organizes a raid to kill Luke and capture his apprentice, his 8 year old nephew (Adam Driver). The Sith fail in killing Luke, but is successful in abducting Driver. In the process, Luke's wife (Mara Jade?) is killed protecting their child (Gleeson). Luke feels responsible by this outcome and delivers his son to be raised by Leia and Han while he goes on a demand to find his nephew and defeat this misterious Sith. After also failling this task, he goes to Tatooine to live in reclosure and to better prepare himself until the Sith makes a new appearance...

Meanwhile, little Daisy grows up with Gleeson as her older "brother", thinking that her real brother died in an accident or something. Although Leia still guards resentment towards Luke, she teachs Daisy and Gleeson basic Jedi training (that Luke had already teached her) in order for them to protect themselves against any Sith or Imperial attack.

And now back to Episode VII:

30 years have passed since the battle of Endor and the Sith make a new appearance. Leia, now ahead of the Alliance Republic, tasks Han, Chewbacca, C3PO and Gleeson (and maybe Oscar?) to bring back Luke from his reclosure. They go in the Millennium Falcon and soon encounter an Imperial ambush. Daisy, after rebelling against her mother, leaves in a new X-wing model and saves them. She is then persued by an Imperial T-fighter pilot (Boyega) to Tatooine, where they end up teaming up against a common enemy (some kind of mercenary/bounty hunter or the Sith?). After Luke joins them, they go to Moraband in the Millennium Falcon to face the Sith. Han gets killed and Luke or Driver kills the Sith Master. Luke doesn't kill Driver because he knows who he is, his nephew and old apprentice.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

24. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    On the latest Forcecast at about 1:06, Eric Geller says this regarding recent characters listed on IMDB:

25. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Let me see if I understand.

Daisy's brother, Adam, is taken by the Sith to train as one of their own 10 years before Daisy is born.

Luke's son, Gleeson is given to Han and Leia for adoption. He's Daisy's age or near it. Daisy thinks that Gleeson is her brother. Meanwhile there's been a galaxy-wide search for Adam.

Not bad. As long as it doesn't include those creepy guys in the picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.