main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Following the "Seven Jedi" rumours yesterday, I've been thinking about bringing the Jedi back to their samurai roots. With that in mind:

STAR WARS
    The Way Of The Jedi
    On a forgotten world in a forgotten part of the galaxy, there lies a treacherous mountain. At the top of this seemingly unscalable mountain, lives an old man. A Jedi Master. A veteran of ancient wars and forgotten codes of honour, this Master searched far and wide for an apprentice, someone to whom he could give his knowledge. Many have come to scale the mountain in the hope that the Jedi Master would choose them to become his new apprentice. Most have turned back, defeated by the mountain and the few who made it to the top have been turned away. In the shadow of the mountain, there is a small village. It's inhabitants are poor but content in their simple lives. All but one. A boy who has lived his life staring up at the mountain, dreaming of climbing it and learning the ways of the Jedi, so that he too could become a fabled guardian of peace and justice, just like in the stories he read as a child. Every night before sleep, he makes a silent promise to himself - "Some day...some day I will climb that mountain. Some day I will prove myself worthy. Some day I will be a Jedi." ​

Master_Ysagon likes this.
  2. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Another thing that would be interesting is if they put in Lumiya. She's actually kinda...creepy. Like Darth Vader is all cybernetics and stuff but she still has a face, but the rest is covered up in scarves. And that triangle thing on her head...it's always hidden. Like you don't know how it's attached to her head. It's mysterious and IMO pretty creepy.

But, if it's an original story then...she probably won't be in it...

3. ZenBird

ZenBird Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2005
    Folks are forgetting that the title of Ep VII has to refer to a specific person, episode VIII to an action (bad guy) and Ep IX to another action (good guy) if they follow the musical pattern set down by GL. :)

darthbarracuda likes this.
  4. backdeskproductions

backdeskproductions Jedi Master star 3

Aug 17, 2007
    If anyone remembers a long time ago... while following the productions of Episodes II & III, we all were probably guilty of trying to dig up plots and scripts from a website by the name of supershadow...
    My question is, will supershadow return to do his/her duty in spoiling the next trilogy for us or is he/she long retired from that business? http://supershadow.com/starwars/episode7/plot.html

More importantly, would you want to see the spoilers supershadow comes out with? Your hunger is strong, I can sense it. Is your will power stronger?

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Supershadow's had about as much credibility as my dog's, though.

HankSolo and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The only thing about supershadows plot is there will be no Anakin Solo .

7. Darth_Tedious

Darth_Tedious Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2003
    I think the story should involve a child from Han and Leia marriage (Ford and Fisher should have cameos). This child is "strong with the force", and has a great heart. He or she senses the corruption in the New Republic and the decay of its values (perhaps a reference to our ongoing economic crisis). In the meantime, Luke Skywalker is living as a recluse, haunted by the spells that had been cast on him by his father and the father's mentor. He's half-demented, and his failing mind and body represent the ailings and weaknesses of the New Republic. In the new thrillogy, Luke is the main antagonist (yes, Mark Hamill should be first or second-billed). So, the main story should be about Han and Leia's child as he or she comes of age and then confronts his or her corrupted uncle Luke (who, btw, might be plotting to become the New Republic's dictator).

8. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    If he already put his original ideas for the ST into ROTJ than these new movies might be his original ideas for what was going to be episode 10-12

9. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    Episode 7... Turmoil in the Galaxy as the Republic tries to re-establish itself. The young Jedi Order, led by Skywalkers and Solo's, work together against an unknown force.

Episode 8... Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, respected and still considered the best of the best are sent to save the young Jedi from a situation they were not prepared for....BOTH go out in a blaze of glory in the Falcon.

Episode 9... Princess Leia must carry the mantle of the Jedi, and with the young Jedi raised by her brother, defeat the final obstacle standing between the new republic and peace.

10. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Alright. After discussing this at some length in another thread, here is my fearless prediction:

The main protagonist will be the son of Han and Leia. Not named Jacen or Anakin. The other main new characters -- and at least one will be female -- could some of Luke's students, a child of Lando, a sibling (perhaps even a sibling who takes after Han and doesn't have force-powers) or a distant Skywalker cousin.

Young Whoosis Solo is very powerful in the force. But because of the terrible legacy of his grandfather, he suppresses his force abilities and turns his back on becoming a Jedi knight -- because he is so terrified of turning into Darth Vader 2. He wants to be a "normal" guy with a normal life.

For Leia, they will take a page from the EU. That Leia strongly resisted the idea of even having children at all, because she was so terrified they might turn into another Vader. For many years she focused on politics and did not develop her force abilities. She spoke of wanting to have a "normal" family life. Episode 7 Leia will be thinking along these same lines. As much as she loves Luke, she has never come to terms with Darth Vader being her father. And let's not forget that Leia's husband and Junior's father is a man who is not force-sensitive and has always had disdain for all that force mumbo-jumbo. So he would be very happy to see his son reject being a Jedi, and Junior wants to please his father and get daddy's approval.

But they are all living in denial, because young Solo is very strong in the force and it is only a matter of time before he must follow his destiny.

Luke is the Ben Kenobi figure of the new trilogy, except he is not living as a hermit. He is not married and has no children. He is training new Jedi students, and he is saddened that his own sister and nephew don't want to learn the ways of the force from him. But aside from gently prodding Leia and Junior now and then, he accepts the situation and waits for the day when they will seek him out.

The catalyst will be the rise of a new threat, the return of the Empire or more likely some new baddies. Maybe something happens where Junior and Luke go off on some adventure alone together. They bond. Watching Luke, Junior begins to realize that being a Jedi knight can be a wonderful thing. He starts to feel the pull towards Luke, his spiritual father, and the life of being a Jedi. Back in the days of the OT, Luke and Han had a rivalry going over the affections of the princess. Now there will be rivalry between them over Junior's affections, as the young man is torn between his biological father and his spiritual father, who are pulling him in different directions.

In the big climactic showdown between the good guys and the bad guys, Han and Leia will both be killed. Maybe they sacrifice themselves willingly. This will be a huge turning point for Junior, who will feel that if only he had been a trained Jedi, maybe he could have saved his parents. He'll realize that he has a responsibility to develop his gifts. He will finally decide to train with his uncle and become a Jedi knight. But he will carry the guilt he feels over the death of his parents at least through Episode 8. And oh yeah, he'll help save the day in the climactic battle against the bad guys, a la Luke in Episode 4.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. ShabbaTheHutt

ShabbaTheHutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    I've said elsewhere why I think 45 ABY is going to be the setting for the next film, actors ages, gap in the EU etc, it just seems obvious.

Whilst there will most certainly be conflicts with the continuity of spin-off material, characters like the Solo and Skywalker children aren't ones which I think will/should be "disappeared" by the new films.
    So I'd expect/hope to see Jaina (in her mid 30s and married to Jagged Fel), Allana (Jacen's 9 yr old daughter living with Han and Leia) and Ben (Luke's 18-19 year old son) feature.

I see Luke as appearing with Ben by his side in much a Qui-Gon/Young Obi-Wan capacity and another character being more central to the plot like Luke and Anakin were in the previous trilogies (there was a rumour going round of possibly Chloe Grace Moretz as a 17 year old female character, which given the likely time period would be too young for Jaina and too old for Allana so I'm thinking that's going to be a new character, though played by whom we can't be certain until it's announced of course)

I think characters killed off in the EU should stay killed off, Chewie (yes i did say that), Jacen, Anakin Solo, Mara Jade (the last two who Lucas was never keen on having stick around), but I also think the spirit of Darth Caedus (Jacen) would make an entirely feasible mastermind behind the actions of other villains in the trilogy.

It'll be interesting to see what new charactera brought in as supporting cast for the next generation too because I can't see the big three all surviving this trilogy.
    Luke in particular is going to be in for a tough time towards the end I reckon.

12. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Episode VII
    The Empire has been brought down & a New Republic has been formed. However the scars of the Empire & the decades of war remain. There has been a backlash against the notion of the Force from within the political sphere & the wider population. The rise of Palpatine, Vader & even going back to the Clone Wars & Dooku are all portrayed as being a result of the infighting & corruptibility of Force users, namely the Jedi & the Sith. The claim is they are too powerful & even Jedi were shown to be seduced by this power. After Palpatine the New Republic leaders are paranoid about a powerful Force user ever holding a position of influence again. Despite the objections of a minority including Leia, it is decided not to reinstate the Jedi Order as protectors. Perhaps the use of the Force is outlawed altogether (PS. all of this should NOT be conveyed by dull political scenes. It can mostly be covered by the opening crawl & a few exchanges between characters).

Despite these developments, Luke was determined to carry out Yoda's charge of passing on his knowledge of the Force. However he could not do so within the Republic. Though greatly saddened by this "new world" he decides to respect the law & leaves the boundaries of the Republic. He establishes a base at a far off remote location (not Tatooine). He takes on an apprentice, maybe a few.

Cutting to the chase, when an old Imperial bad guy shows up with the Imperial fleet (& possibly a Sith or some nasty old Jedi) the Republic is in deep you-know-what. This isn't a conflict they can hope to win via conventional means. Finally the Republic appeals to Luke & co to save the day. An emissary is sent to him asking for help, maybe Han & Chewie. To up the personal motivation for Luke, I'd have the bad guys either capture or kill Leia. That ought to fire him up. Another thought, perhaps the bad guys discredit Luke publicly by revealing he is the son of Vader.

Nubbs likes this.
  13. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    well, your not wrong

14. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    some really good idea's here

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The film will take place not in the present and not very, very close...

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. Nubbs

Nubbs Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2013
    I guess I'll give this a try, sorry if I've copied someone else's ideas but I haven't read through all the numerous threads with plot ideas.

Hero of the rebellion Luke Skywalker is forced into retirement at some point after ROTJ when the galaxy learns that Vader was his father, while Leia is forced to resign whatever position she holds in the new republic. The new jedi council/order/whatever reluctantly agrees and Luke and Leia with their children leave for the outer rim somewhere outside new republic jurisdiction so the new government and rebuilt jedi order will not be mistrusted by the general public. The film opens with an aging Luke teaching one or more of his kids/grandkids and/or Han and Leia's kids/grandkids about the force and helping one student to build their lightsaber. Some sort of threat or antagonist is revealed, and despite the best efforts of the new Jedi council this evil threat continues to unbalance the fragile peace negotiated after the Empire's defeat. Luke Skywalker dusts his lightsaber off and goes on one last adventure to clear the family name and maintain the peace he fought so hard to achieve decades ago.

The PT was about the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker, the OT was about the redemption of Vader by his son and the defeat of the Empire, and the new trilogy would be about the struggles of the Skywalkers and Solos to redeem the Skywalker name in the eyes of the galaxy and rebuild the shattered republic government.

sansian likes this.
  17. Nubbs

Nubbs Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2013
    I agree with the jedi being distrusted by the galaxy after the chaos of the Clone Wars and the Empire's rise. This should be referenced in any new movies IMO. Great ideas in this post.

18. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
  19. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I'd like to see Luke and Leia learning everything about their mother and maybe have a shot where they see Padme in a hologram next to Anakin in their happy times...

20. Viron

Viron Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2013
    With the Sith gone, you know they're going to go with a different version of a Jedi "turning" once again.

The best example I can provide of the direction I want the film to go in would be the Bond movie Goldeneye.

Movies starts with several Jedi on a mission. One of them dies in some sort of situation where they could not be saved by the others. A certain amount of time passes. The villain is revealed as the Jedi that was thought to be dead. His turning is caused by the other Jedi "turning on him" and not being able to save him.

The rest can be built around that.

21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I definitely want to see midichlorians featured heavily in the plot. What the OT was missing was Luke, Leia etc talking alot about midichlorians

22. darth fluffy

darth fluffy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2012
    Holy kriff that's awesome. Reminds me of Final Fantasy 7 in a way, with Kane as Cloud, Palpatine as Sephiroth, etc.

Master_Ysagon likes this.
  23. Viron

Viron Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2013
    One thing I don't want again is the villain that still has "good" in him and can be turned.

We had that. We need an enemy that is truly an enemy.

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, I agree from a certain point of view - what you say applies to Darth Vader.
    Palpatine who, it could be said, is the actual main villain has not a shred of "good" in him. He's about as evil as it gets.
    But I get what you're saying.

And...come to think of it, if we get a villain that is pure evil it needs to be in some different form than Palpatine because he's, as I said, about as evil as it gets.

Oh, and no Skywalkers falling to the dark side hah.

Sum-Wan likes this.
  25. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Completely agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.