main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    or his character is like this guy.;):p
    [​IMG]

2. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    I just can't see Leia letting Han just up and take her daughter away from her. There would have had to of been some major threat against their safety. Which means I can't really see Han wanting to take Daisy and leave Leia by herself in the face of some threat.

Claire1976 likes this.
  3. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

This is the hardest for me to explain, other than, they have two kids. One with Leia one with Han, Han had a falling out with Leia and Luke - maybe Luke trained the other solo kid, and "lost" him.

4. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    Is it possible, that the earlier rumors of a cult that is obsessed with the sith be true?
    The recent rumors are of GC hunting JB and she's wielding a lightsaber, the leaker says, dare I say s-
    then stops. Meaning it's a hint at something else. Also it's suggested that the imperial remnants are carrying lightsabers
    could we actually be dealing with the imperials being so obsessed with the sith that they try and emulate them?

possibly to only be commandeered by an actual sith lord

5. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Luke blew-up the Death Star in SW and defeated the Sith in ROTJ. What could he accomplish in the Sequel Trilogy that would be mythic and non-redundant?

Luke could leave his friends soon after ROTJ to go on a 30-year quest to literally destroy the dark side of the Force. This would eliminate the very possibility of there ever again being future Sith, thus avoiding the EU spectacle of Sith after Sith after Sith etc.

6. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I love the idea as mythology. However for commercial reasons I don't see them doing this as it seems to close off further movies where the moral choice between light and dark side is involved. Or does he try but fail?

7. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    Disney could still makes scads of movies (and books, comics, video games, etc.) set before the events of the ST, involving Jedi vs. Sith-of-the-week and lightsabres by the truckload. :)

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    By why would they limit themselves at all? You can make more money by not limiting themselves.
    I view this trilogy as saying the opposite. You can never defeat evil the sith, they will always be there and maybe even necessary. Even when the Jedi thought they were extinct they weren't. So having them in hiding is dangerous because you're unaware of their motivations.

It maybe about controlling the dark side and the sith, or how to deal with the reality that they will never truly be extinguished.

9. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    Naïve though I might be, I would hope that Disney would put story-telling first and suit-style "profits" second. I put "profits" in quotation marks because aiming at profits isn't necessarily the best way to make profits. If Disney simply delivers formulaic, paint-by-the-numbers, check-list-style Star Wars movies, they will probably be only mediocre, make mediocre profits, and Star Wars will be no more than just another franchise among many. But if for the Sequel Trilogy at least they go for mythic story-telling and let all else be damned, they just might have as big a hit on their hands as 20th-Century Fox had in May 1977.

The thought of more lightsabres, more Sith, more Jedi, more, More, MORE! makes me sad. Leave that stuff for the EU and for the movie spin-offs. They can fill hundreds of books and thousands of comic books chock-a-block full of that sort of thing. Same goes for video games. Same goes for the essentially unlimited number of movie spin-offs (in 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, etc., ad infinitum).

But for the merely 3 (and only 3) films of the Sequel Trilogy, I would hope that they would set their aim a bit higher than more, More, MORE! They will never again have Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, or Harrison Ford in Star Wars movies. If they blow this, it's blown forever. I really don't want to see Luke training more Jedi and giving them more lightsabres to fight more Sith. Those stories have already been told over and over in the EU.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Waaaaaayyyyyy too depressing for Star Wars. Star Wars is supposed to be a story with a happy ending, not a single war that never ends. The gaxy should be a place that can move forwards, not a place that's doomed to repeat the same cycle in the exact same way no matter what anybody does.

And how could the Sith be neccessary? That's like saying Nazis are neccessary.

If the Sith are established to be indestructable and/or "neccessary", I'm walking out of the theater, throwing away all my Star Wars stuff, and never again spending a single cent on anything with the "Star Wars" brand.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't know about the Sith being necessary - but Lucas did hint that the Dark Side was:

"I wanted to have this mythological footing because I was basing the films on the idea that the Force has two sides, the good side, the evil side, and they both need to be there. Most religions are built on that, whether it's called yin and yang, God and the devil—everything is built on the push-pull tension created by two sides of the equation. Right from the very beginning, that was the key issue in Star Wars."

--George Lucas, “The Mythology of Star Wars,” Joseph Campbell and the Power of Myth DVD, 2001

Andy Wylde, darklordoftech and TK327 like this.
  12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was just about to say that the Sith aren't the dark side itself. The Sith were created by mortals and can be destroyed by mortals. If there's any conflict that's eternal, it's light side vs. dark side, not Jedi vs. Sith. Also notice that the OT never uses the term "Sith", so I think that the dark side has far more potential to make money for Disney and LFL than the Sith do.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    I guess my point was, the dark side existing is necessary, and because of this, it is likely the sith will never die - or the potential of using the dark side for evil means will never go away.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Using the dark side for evil means doesn't make you a Sith. You have to join the Sith Order to become a Sith.

15. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Is bringing back the Sith necessary? No.

Is it a good idea? That's debatable, but could be okay depending on how it's handled. For example, if there are no references to prophesies and so on.

Will it happen? I still think ''Holy Sith' were well chosen words by Kevin Smith.

To those who want something new, the return of the Sith doesn't preclude the presence of other dark siders.

16. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    I am aware of this. But I'm saying that the potential is there always because the dark side can never be defeated. I am not saying the sith are eternal, but the idea and potential can live forever, because the dark side can never be vanquished

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Unless every single member of the Sith Order dies (which might or might not have happened in ROTJ). There can always be those who use the dark side for evil, but they won't be Sith because the Sith Order won't exist for them to join.
    How it's done is the key for me. For example, I don't want Sith armies.

18. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    Everyone of the ancient Egyptian religion is dead, yet we have the information and details of their beliefs and traditions, even if incomplete

Andy Wylde, Dra--- and TK327 like this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Yet nobody's making any effort to revive the ancient Egyptian religion and we can guarantee that nobody ever will.

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Apparently there are modern devotees of Isis.

Andy Wylde and Dra--- like this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Would you mind providing a link? I love ancient mythology.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I Googled it and this was one example:

http://www.templeofisis.com

This one seems more generic:

http://www.kemet.org

Andy Wylde likes this.
  23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Actually the Egyptian Book of Thoth (via the Greek's Corpus Hermeticus) has been very influential on Enlightenment thought, which is still with us today in our science oriented view of the world. It was never really a written down religion, but a positive way of looking at humanity's place in the world.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As Dra--- and LunarMoth, and I have discussed before, someone just reading a book on the Sith, picking up their ideas, and becoming the big bad of episodes 7-9 wouldn't work because it would be disconnected from episodes 1-6. Furthermore, for 1000 years nobody read a book on the Sith and picked up their ideas, so for such a thing to happen in time for episode 7 would be contrived.

LunarMoth likes this.
  25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Contrived and non-dramatic, perhaps (but not necessarily so). But disconnected? How would having more Sith be disconnected? Even if contrived...

The larger point is that ideas do transcend time and space, even if they might move from one group to another that appear on the surface radically different (Egypt, Greece, Rome, Enlightenment Europe, contemporary scientific and humanist thought).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.