main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It's disconnected because they wouldn't have ever been apprenticed to or have been the master of any of the I-VI villains. Following the same ideals and having the same name is a very weak connection in my opinion. You yourself have spoken of the non-importance of names.

2. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    My point is the knowledge is around isn't it? So the sith knowledge can remain - and if your an evil bugger you probably would think, I'm going to learn. Nazis looked to the past for occult items and to connect ancient things to their quest for power.

I just don't think it's crazy to think because every sith is dead that the religion or cult would die either.

3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Nazis didn't become Egyptian or Greek upon aquiring the knowledge of those civilizations.

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Oh, I see how you're framing it.

I personally wouldn't show anyone onscreen discover this knowledge. But we know that it's around and a new Order rises. I think that's a pretty good connection.

The key is they understand the ideology enough to either follow it or alter it slightly. :)

5. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Perhaps there might be some new dark siders who want the heroes to *think* the Sith are back? They have no intention of following the Sith ideology, but want to use that title to strike an ancient fear into their enemies.

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    None of this neccessary because it's quite easy to have a villain with a stronger connection. For example, we could have a secret apprentice, Plagueis, Bane, or a Palpatine ghost.

Dra--- and TK327 like this.
  7. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    It could be an overly convoluted way to go, at any rate. Just throwing it out there.

plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Diconnected because we have six existing episodes that have a more direct narrative than simply the existance of Sith.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    Nazis aren't sith either. What's your point? I'm not making a direct connection. I'm saying there is a real life basis for my statement that the knowledge about cults and religions can stay around for a long time.

Unless the galaxy is all about "book" burning

Not to mention there is a real world analogy although much less time between "eras" we do have groups who call them neo-nazis after all

10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Right, but its not about Sith simply being there. Its about what they have been doing in the story. The story told by the SW films as a whole, not just Ep VII on.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Plus someone picking up Sith ideas wouldn't be very threatening. It would be a major step down from Vader and Palps,

12. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    You wouldn't need to be taught the ways of the Sith to become a Sith. If the Sith are gone and a Force user fell to the dark side and adopted the Sith philosophy he would be a Sith. He would be no different than the very first Sith. It's the same with the Jedi. These are philosophies, and philosophies can be studied and self taught. As long as their are those in the galaxy that are Force sensitive and learn how to wield their powers the ways of the Jedi and Sith will never remain gone. Someone started the original orders without formal training, and someone will come along and do it again every time they fall.

13. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    The average movie goer unless specifically told by someone on screen that a guy dressed in black using the force with a red lightsaber are gonna assume that it's the same type of bad guys as the others who followed him. So it's fairly pointless to argue over it.

If it's important to the story they'll devise a reason it's the sith, and they can use whatever device they want to make it happen. They can also do the other, there's bad guys that aren't sith.

On screen bad guys have red lightsaber and dress in black. I doubt that will go away because of any sith consistency issues.

Dra--- and TK327 like this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    calls Anakin "Luke". Furthermore, SWTOR repeatedly calls the Sith "Imperials", demonstrating that the average audience isn't familiar with the term "Sith".

But all that "average movie goer" stuff is besides the point. What matters is that there's better ways to bring the sith back than having someone pick up their ideas. Examples of better ways include secret apprentices, Palpatine ghost, Plagueis, and Bane.

15. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    Better for you. Not necessarily for everyone.

I personally think it resonates more for a analogy of real life, we must always be on guard against evil. Evil is an idea that never dies. Sith basically = epitome of evil in the Star Wars universe.

But that's me. Better or worse is purely subjective.
    I personally think palps ghost is the worse of those options, but I can go along with it if it's a part of the story they're trying to tell.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    How do you feel about secret apprentice, Plagueis, and Bane?

17. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014

Plagueis or Bane would be cool. Don't really want a secret Sith apprentice but it wouldn't bother me if it happened. Absolutely do not want Palpatine's ghost, though. He was a main bad guy through six films. I personally want someone new.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It I wanted new, I wouldn't want Sith at all. Furthermore, newness for its own sake results in a franchise loosing its identity. Star Wars is about specific characters, not just Jedi amd Sith in general.

19. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014

Don't want newness for its own sake. We'll have returning heroes from the OT and leftover remnants from the Empire. Star Wars isn't going to lose its identity. But we do need to move forward a little, and I feel that with ep seven being reminiscent in some aspects of ANH, it would be a huge mistake to put Papls in it. I don't mind seeing my heroes fighting Sith again, but I don't want to see them fighting the same ones.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  20. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    I wonder if there is any significance in the fact that George Lucas was partial towards the Dark Empire comic books (with their Palpatine clones, rejuvenated Empire, and Luke turning to the dark side).

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Bane (TCW version, not Karpyshan version) would absolutely be awesome. He started the Sith conspiracy, so it would be fitting for him to return at the end of it.

Rabs likes this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Did he like Dark Empire?

23. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014
    I like either, gives an immortality to the tale. I like that as theme

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Coming soon to a store near you, Sith 2.0, brought to you by Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    The recent Skellig Michael stuff gave me an idea...

After ROTJ, the public finds out about Luke's connection to Vader and ostracizes him and his new Jedi students. Jedi Hunters emerge and start killing them, so Luke finds some backwater planet in the far reaches of space (Skellig Michael), makes it his home and starts to train people in the ways of the Force there. His new Jedi Order is very family-oriented, love is encouraged, and it eventually evolves into a village of Jedi families living on farms with lots of land, parents raising their own children and teaching them the ways of the Force. This would echo Luke's beginnings on the moisture farm while also acknowledging his growth into a Jedi who values family, since he starts out wanting to venture away from his family on Tatooine.

Another possibility could be that the Jedi Hunters finally track Luke down and catch him off guard, killing his wife and children. Dark stuff, but it's very much a Western trope (Outlaw Josey Wales, for instance), where the family man out on the farm loses everything, so I wouldn't put it past them to take another page from the genre. Plus, it could explain why it seems Luke's wife and children haven't been cast (unless Domhnall or Pip are his son). They simply don't have much screen time to warrant being announced with the main cast. Then say Luke is captured by the bad guys, and news reaches Han, who is estranged from Luke because he refused to let him train Daisy. Han assembles a rescue team to save Luke, and so on and so forth...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.