main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    This actually sounds similar to the original star wars script or story, from what i remember. there was a farm, starkiller raising his son, or something like that - i can't remember but what you wrote made me think about that, and that you could have something here

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Just trying to think of some plot reasons that help explain some of the recent rumors:

1. Why would the Sith return 30 years later? What have they been doing? We've heard that the new master, a supposed student of Palpatine, isn't as strong as the apprentice, Darth Ruin. So perhaps the weaker master had been biding their time, waiting to grow strong enough to challenge the Republic. Darth Ruin, as his name suggests, may not have the patience to wait because they already feel powerful enough. Alternatively, the Sith may have recently found the power to return via the rumored superweapon. Of course, for all we know, the Sith haven't been in hiding for 30 years but have been busy bees since the fall of Palpatine -- who knows.

2. Why are the Imperials still around? What makes them start trouble again now? I think we're going to have a cold war situation with the Imperials, as many have speculated. Perhaps they were mainly defeated at Endor, or perhaps the war continued for some time afterward, but eventually, they're too weak and decide to sign a treaty with the Republic, and the Republic signs it because they're sick of fighting and death. However, the Imperials still want to rule the galaxy and decide to wait patiently until the right moment to strike. Maybe the right moment is the rumored superweapon, or maybe Darth Ruin's leadership. Or perhaps something else like a new ally.

3. If the Sith return, how can they be different? I think the answer is implied by the name taken by the Sith apprentice, Darth Ruin. The name is supposedly inspired by the first Sith. The first Sith did not follow the Rule of Two. And we've heard of multiple possible Sith rumored: MVS, Lupita, Driver, GC. Could it be that Darth Ruin has more than one apprentice? If so, this would be something we've not seen yet onscreen. If they kept the new Sith Order to 3-5 members, that wouldn't make them generic, but allow for unique characterization.

Anyway, just some thoughts on the rumors thus far. :)

3. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    I've heard no rumor about this, and I think there's zero chance of it happening, but I think a terrorist thing would be cool. Take it from someone who studied a lot of Cold War history in college.

So, Star Wars draws a lot of influence from real events. What if the Rebels completely won out over the Empire, but then there are radical splinter factions that cause trouble? Think of it like 1980's Afghanistan. The "freedom fighters" boot out the big empire, but then we get the Taliban and Al-Qaeda....

It won't happen, especially since there are reports of Imperial sets, but it seems like it could've been a cool idea.

4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I still wonder how they'll explain the presence of the Sith. There's no question that it was implied that Vader & Palpatine were the only Sith at the time of the OT & we saw them both die at the same time. Some explanation is needed if the Sith are still around. The other option is that the ST begins with no Sith & we see them reintroduced in some way.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I hope the Sith are completely extinct after the death of the Emperor. No more need for their kind. There is a whole universe filled with Dark Jedi out there with their own patterns and belief systems.

The Empire could be the enemies still. The Rebellion becomes the New Republic and there still is a size able remnant of the Empire still. Given that all of the stormtroopers are clones and not draftees from throughout the Empire, it would be very easy for them to be replaced using a new or more than one facility.

A new imperial leader, probably a Dark Jedi, takes control of the remaining fragments of the Empire, finds some macguffin that brings back all the Clones in record time enough to produce an massive army that can crush the Republic. It would even be interesting to have the Empire have some sort of weapon like the Star Forge which can rebuild warships in record time also. Perhaps there are even clones of Force users as well. A whole automated army on the go. Anything is possible with the Sith technology that Palpatine was able to get a hold of.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Starryganpost

Starryganpost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2014

Stormtroopers are not clones. It's pretty obvious in the OT, they confirmed it in the EU and will re-introduce it in canon if the rumors about John Boyega are true. Palps moved from a cloned army towards a draft during the 20 years between ROTS and ANH, I believe, as the clone troopers (who age at double-speed, meaning they only have 10-15 years of service, tops) retired,as far as I remember.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Rebels Visual Guide says stormtroopers are mostly naturally born men and women. Still leaves room for the occasional clone veteran - like Head Banger from ANH - who's hinted as being a Jango clone in AotC commentary (Jango bumping his head was described as being a nod to the ANH scene for this purpose).

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    unless John is a clone from a different line than Jango

9. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    I thought they stopped cloning.

10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    maybe in Legends. We don't know about the new stories

11. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Good point. I'd figured they'd stopped during the Rebels period but they might still be some secret cloning going on.
    I don't John could be a clone though.

12. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    LUCASFILM! TELL US WHAT TO BELIEVE!!!

Visitant, Swebacca and Starryganpost like this.
  13. Starryganpost

Jul 29, 2014

Yes, please. The canon information we have seems to suggest that they are in fact clones, but that doesn't fit with the OT stormtroopers o_O

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper/Canon - "The stormtroopers represented the ultimate evolution of the clone troopers, ",

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Wookieepedia got that from a starwars.com encyclopedia entry that hadn't been updated since 2011.

15. Starryganpost

Jul 29, 2014

Eugh, then I have no idea where to turn to. :oops: Logic would indicate that Empire Stormtroopers are not clones, or if there are clones there are only a few left. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it until something official says otherwise.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Stormtroopers have officially been stated to not be clones, so you are correct.

Andy Wylde and Starryganpost like this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    That's a very interesting read. One passage that caught my attention is this:
    If this is true, it makes me wonder two things.
    1)How come the Empire didn't completely fall apart under the weight of so many competing factors
    2)How fractured will the Empire have become thirty years after.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    30 years have passed since the fall of Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader. The galaxy continues to descend into chaos. Alienated from the concept of a galactic government, many wars have broken out between the planets of the galaxy.

Andy Wylde, I know, D'an and 3 others like this.
  20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    ^^^ Great first line for the text crawl!

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Thank you.
    Your theory is correct. A New Dawn is full of non-clone Stormtroopers and Hidalgo said that Lucas told him that Stormtroopers aren't clones because cloning was stopped after too many clones turned out like Fives did.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The Empire as we know it has been defeated. However, after the celebrating and partying is over, the reality sets in. People (and other beings) around the galaxy begin to ask "what now?". The answer-every world and system thinks they can rule the galaxy better than the other. The Alliance, responsible for the defeat over the Empire, is just one faction and believes strongly in a solid, unified Republic. Those displaced by destroyed planets (yes there are still survivors from Alderaan who were off-world at the time of its destruction) want a world they can call home. However, nearby planets in every world sought do not welcome them with open arms.

Many worlds are split. There are peaceful/hopeful residents who simply want to join in with the unity cause. However, on those worlds are power-hungry groups that want to do battle for resources around the galaxy. Greed has set in and there are even many who want a new, powerful empire for the sake of reestablishing order.

From the midst of those who want a "new order" is a group hellbent on seeking a powerful energy source so strong they actually feel like they can provide for everyone in the galaxy while also maintaining rule. Slowly, over time, they have evolved into the same sort of tyrannical empire we saw with Palpatine before.

During the quest for this energy, they stumble upon a dark, mysterious world. Sending a group of Mandalorian pirates and "diggers" to this world, they manage to unearth a power that seems to speak to them in an ancient voice. A darkness is born, or rather reborn. This was a plan. From a prophecy read a saying that "greed, hate, and chaos will always exist and will always be attracted to the dark side of the Force one way or another".

Sensing this unleashing dreadful might, Luke Skywalker, on his quest to reform a new Jedi Order, rushes to the planet. There he faces the wrath of what the greedy Mandalorians have uncovered. And a call is sent out. Luke manages to escape and locates a hidden world, knowing that someone somewhere will find his call, seek him out and through this the Jedi order he has been hoping to establish will be created, for he must have patience and cannot do this alone. Yet, it's essential he not put his friends and own sister in harm's way.

But the darkness is nevertheless awoken and spreads like a horrific disease around the galaxy, engulfing the anarchists, pirates, etc. into its circle of influence.

.....just having fun....

KnightStorm and ksb36 like this.
  23. ksb36

ksb36 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2014
    If Leia is Force-sensitive but she never became a Jedi, wouldn't it make sense for her to be included in any "quest" that Han and the new kids embark on? That way she could employ her Luke-dar and act like a homing device.

Hmmmm....

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It becomes less great as a first line for the opening crawl when we realize that, as the first line, it would actually say:

30 years have passed since

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.