main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    But the URL doesn't change, so how can I find a link to the actual crawl I've created?

Edit: Never mind. The Site Link button wasn't working before for some reason, but it is now.

Another Edit: No, wait. It seems that any time I actually edit the crawl to create my own, the Site Link button stops working.

DarthSyverus likes this.
  2. nukular

nukular Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2014
    Hey my first post here, sorry for my english ;)

I like the latest rumors, where Luke is fighting against Han´s son and Han is killed by Luke.

I would find such a drama really fits. Imagine the half insane, paranoid, but very wise Luke has visions how Han's son becomes extremely powerful and falls to the dark side.
    Caused by the fear another family member will overthrow the Galaxy again, Luke is forced to quit this before it is too late.

Han more the conservative man, refuses to admit Lukes visions and of course protect his son.

Han´s son is punished and mutilated (fitting to the concept arts with the cyborg) begins to hate Luke, idolize Vader and swears to revenge his father.

This conflict would be similar epic as between Luke and Vader in the OT and between Obiwan and Anakin in the PT for me.
    The ST needs something similarly, but we will see...

DarthSyverus likes this.
  3. VonDizzler

VonDizzler Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    Alright I want to give this a shot and share some of my plot ideas for Episode 7[face_dancing]
    Most of my plot ideas are based in the more confirmed plot rumors like Kira finding Boyega in a crash site and stuff and leaked concept art. One thing I've noticed about some of the rumors is that a bunch of characters are some how connected to other characters like Adam Driver being a decedent of Dooku or Boba Fett. I think that's kind of silly and unnecessary. So here's the plot:
    Kira lives on Tatooine as a junker selling parts from the rummage of the Galactic Civil War although at this point the galaxy is in a constant cold war. She works for Max Von Sydow's cyborg character who's a little crazy and has some loose screws. and is always accompanied by her droid and alien buddy. She finds Boyega's character at a crash site and befriends him. Later they discover Luke's lightsaber bring it to the little alien buddy's uncle(the alien with a turban from concept art). He tells them it's an ancient weapon and they ignite it for the first time and they look at it in awe as their faces shine blue from the lightsaber and the new hope theme plays mixed with kira's theme. When they show it to Max Von Sydow's character he becomes lucid and begins to recounts the saga so far. He tells her it must be the will of the Force awaking in her and that's all I got really haha I got some ideas for the rest of the movie:
    - They meet up with Han and Chewie to look for Luke
    - Han will be sort of an Obi Wan like mentor of the Force but not very good at it. It would be kinda funny to see him try to teach about the Force and it can show how much the character has grown from being skeptical about it in episode 4 to trying to teach it to Kira from an outsider's perspective. Just a thought
    -The Alliance desperately needs Luke because they fear The Empire's new weapon may give them the upper hand in the Cold War
    -Luke would be in hiding not because he's evil or anything but is purposely staying neutral believing it to be the true state of the Force and the reason the Jedi fell before
    -Idk who the villain should or could be but I hope they don't use the word Sith or Darth. Villains don't necessarily have to belong to the Sith. They could still have a red lightsaber and use the dark side of the force but I think the new villains should have their own identity not limited to the Sith or being called Darth___.

4. star wars geek

star wars geek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 20, 2014
    My idea is a new terror organization called The Nex (it's the Latin word for death) kidnap Luke Skywalker. His midi-chlorian count (some of it) transferred into their leader, Nexus Zine.

Han Solo is hired to rescue Luke:

Han rescues Luke but Zine escapes and now possesses the force power of a Sith or Jedi. His organization is funded by various malcontents, rich industrialists etc. They issue an ultimatum to the Galactic Union (formerly the Galactic Republic) - surrender much of their territory to the Nex, release prisoners held in Union prisons - or they (The Nex) will launch a full scale attack on the Union. They have a new weapon that can open space-time - the very fabric of the universe. Time energy leaks out and can be harnessed against planets.

Ep 7 would contain a classic moment when a Nex Spy (masquerading as an ambassador for a planet) hacks the union's mainframe computer defense shield control center and removes all the planetary shields! All the shields are dropped thereby giving the Nex the means to launch the weapon. Since the end of ROTJ, planetary shield technology has greatly improved. The shields now cover entire planets making full scale invasions impossible. However, the spy hacks the mainframe computer, finds the codes to unlock the shields and the weapon is used. But this isn't the complete plan!

During the attack the Nex plan to launch a full scale attack on the union's richest planet. The planet is rumored to contain secret information regarding the co-ordinates of the Sith homeworld! In my outline the Sith homeworld is not Korriban (which I believe is mentioned in The Clone Wars?). The Sith planet is mythical, no-one's ever found it. The planet is actually called Sith - this is origin of their name - it comes from the planet.

The Nex leader plans to find the planet and then locate the legendary Palace of the Sith. Deep within its tomb, preserved for centuries, the original Sith leaders! Nexus Zine brings them out of their deep slumber, traps them in a containment prison and says "reveal all your dark secrets to me or I will torture you for another thousand years!" They refuse and they're tortured. All this happens in episode 9. Luke battles these two Sith Lords - arguably the most powerful Sith ever - at the end of ep 9.

And in my outline - Luke is the last Jedi alive. He's neglected the ways of the force hence his capture at the start of Ep 7:

Han has gone back to being a smuggler.

Leia is a captain in the union space fleet.

Leia and Han were married but divorced.

R2D2 and C3P0 have been deactivated for 30 years.

There are no Han/Leia/Luke children in my outline.

Three new characters - from the planet Borayla - are introduced. They become major characters in the saga. Young man, young woman, and her father. They escape Borayla when it's attacked by The Nex.

Episode 7 is called Echoes of the Past

Episode 8: The Age of Tears

Episode 9: Return of the Sith

The main element is The Nex replace the Empire. The Empire and the Sith are gone. 100 percent gone. The Sith return in Ep 9 but Ep 7 and 8 have no Empire or Sith. This means all new space weapons, land/air/sea vehicles etc. The Nex use the most advanced tech to further their evil aims:

New super space weapon using space-time energy against planets.

New robots with short range teleportation capability - called 'mergers'.

Weapons that can disable a Jedis lightsaber.

And the evil henchman is a 'Triman' - a rare species of alien life that can slip into two. His name is Axel Kale. He possesses Jedi-like fighting skills. He can create an exact replica of himself. Two bodies - same person. During the new trilogy Han kills one of the versions and the other version vows vengeance!

And... Darth Vader and Darth Sideous make a comeback (sort of!) in episode 9. But it's not a flashback and they're not brought back from the dead!

Ep 7 ends on a huge cliffhanger.

Luke and his cadet Jedi fight to save the Galactic Union Parliament but are forced to retreat.

Leia leads her troops on the rich planet (where the star map location of the Sith homeworld is rumored to be) and she is trapped in a building. Nex troops blow up the building and Leia is believed to have died in the rubble!

Han is captured on the planet Borayla - the planet used by the Nex to launch the new weapon. He is interrogated and sentenced to death!

The final scene of episode 7 is Nexus Zine entering the Galactic Union Parliament. He stands over the defeated President and says to him

And the scene cuts to black - end titles roll.

This is how the new saga should be done, perhaps. An all new villain. Up the ante and end on a major "holy ****!" cliffhanger. :)

5. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Tune in NEX TIME for the thrilling continuation! Nyuck nyuck nyuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Okay I have figured it out(meaning it is most likely totally wrong, but it makes sense to me).
    We have weird lightsabers, excavations, Plagueis and mad hermit Luke. How does that connect into a coherent story?

Well, like this. Back during TPM Palpatine kills Plagueis(Andy Serkis). Although Plagueis died, he sent his essence to a new body. Not Palpatine, but someone else nerarby. The next door neighbour maybe. He survived but couldn't take control and the attempt drove his new host crazy. He became the lunatic figure working with Kira(Daisy Ridley). Although the Empire suffered a terrible blow at Endor, they survive and in a state of Cold War against the Rebels. A new front is the excavation on the icy Sith homeworld of Ziost (The snowy forest) where an ancient superweapon is unearthed. However the weapon is missing a critical component. A data crystal that is part of the control mechanism. With the help of ancient recordings it is determined that the crystal is currently within an old sith saber(the one from the traíler) that is currently in a museum in Coruscant. Problem is, hours before the movie it gets stolen by bounty hunters.
    There has been an awakening. It is not revealed why or how, but the Force awakened. It is that, which amplified Luke's abilities to scary levels, awakened the Force in all the new Jedi characters. It also awakened Plagueis deep within the crazy alien. The bounty hunters are hired by the nazgul from the trailer to hoard him sith artifacts like the sword and Revans mask, to use in an ancient ritual to give Plagueis back his old body.

7. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Continuing:

The fight between the TIEs and the Falcon at the beginning is a race to get the bounty hunters with the sword. That is why the probe droid is there. Daisy and John of course bump into each other and don't start on friendly terms but after a few attacks by misteryous assassins, JB realises that there is something more sinister going on with the sword than what the Empire realises and decides to help Kira on her personal journey and leaves the cold war alone. Of course they are eventually captured by the hunters and the sword gets into the posession of the trailer nazgul.

Now this is merely a wish and has no factual basis but as I theorized many times in several threads, Christina Chong's and Jessica Henwick's characters are sisters. They are mandalorians still trying to cope with the effects the clone wars had on Mandalore. I know it was long ago, but think about it. In the matter of days, Duchess Satyne dead, Vizsla, who took over, dead, Maul who took over captured by Sidious. Anyway they are struggling and Chong joines the bounty hunters to support her younger sister, but eventually decides that it isn't worth it to serve a sith lord who would likely doom the world and frees the good guys and enables them to confront the villains.

8. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Christina Chong's and Jessica Henwick's characters are sisters. They are mandalorians Yes, yes and more yes.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  9. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Glad you like it. I just figured them being Mandalorians as Sabine in Rebels have very distinctively asian features which in star wars has been very very rare.

10. RyanForder

RyanForder Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 3, 2014
    Okay i am going to give this a go...

Episode 7:
    Luke has visions of Driver turning to the dark side and try's to kill him before he can bring any destruction to the galaxy. Han won't let Luke kill his son (Driver) even with the vision of Luke's. In some way, i'm not quite sure yet, Han is killed by Driver accidentally which allow's Luke to disarm Driver. Then comes the Empire causing a big enough distraction for Driver to get away.

Ridley (Drivers sister) has become Luke's apprentice in order to go and help her brother and hopefully redeem him from his ways and his guilt. Boyega, already a padawan learner, finishes his training and hopes one day to face the Chrometrooper (Gwen).

Driver is aboard a ship unknowingly and is hurt. Someone finds him and he is healed (new arm and this is where he becomes a cyborg). He hears a voice in his head giving him directions. He follows the instructions which take him to Endor and Vaders grave. He digs through the grave and retrieves Vaders helmet. The voice is then heard...

"Now, become my apprentice, learn the power of the darkside, learn the power which is required for you to avenge your fathers death and kill Luke Skywalker. It was his fault your father is dead"

Episode 8: (Will keep this one short)
    Ridley and Boyega are know Jedi.
    Boyega duels the chrometrooper and comes close to joining the dark side before realizing his anger is bordering the dark side.
    Luke duels Driver who is know dressed as his grandfather, Darth Vader. He is wearing his suit because it helps him breath, exactly like it did for Vader. Driver disarms Luke and Luke falls to his knees.
    Ridley comes to the entrance of where Driver and Luke was dueling just in time to catch Driver behead Luke.

Episode 9:
    Boyega manages to kill the chrometrooper whilst controlling his emotions leading him to becoming a Jedi master.
    Ridley and Driver duel, Ridley is trying to redeem Driver from the darkside...

I haven't thought it through fully so there will be plot holes and no reasons for certain actions.

11. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005

I like this alot...and would make for an interesting twist. I think this trilogy needs a shocking moment like this to really make it stand out and get people talking. Not just another star wars film going through the same predictable motions to make a few bucks.

I also like this one as well, second to your idea, of course.
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/star-wars-episode-vii-state-luke-skywalker/

12. Markpro

Markpro Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2013
    I would love for Chewie to look old...a lot of grey hair to compliment his age rather than look the same as 30 years ago...i take it Wookie's do go grey?...or is there a product called Just for Wookies?

aldrestjedimaster likes this.
  13. Gordonai

Gordonai Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 26, 2014
    This is what definately happens:-

Luk did disappear shortly after the events of ROTJ. He taught enough about the Force to Leia for her to begin to be one a Jedi, went off on a mission and never returned. Any Jedi are hers.

Han and Leia. A new generation of politicians and military officers has come through . They don't want to defer to heroes from the past. They're grateful for what they did then but want to move on. The politicians of the New Republic exclude Leia rather than constantly have to include/defer to her. The high ranking military officers don't consider Han to brine of them -he isn't is he? The old heroes are no longer wanted but when the SHTF they come to the rescue.

CarboniteSolo likes this.
  14. Viciousvalenti9

Viciousvalenti9 Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2014
    A sith collector with ties to the senate and possibly being misled by a Sith Lord/force ghost creates a new Jedi council in order to bring peace to the Galaxy after years of Cold War and defection by systems however the only way the plot works is if skywalker is destroyed or finally succumbs to the dark side A political rise will hinge on the formation of a peace treaty which will officially end the military faction of the remaining imperial forces and will call for the formation of a new Jedi council which will in fact be inquisitors ... The ultimate de facto will be the force ghosts and what will come of the of the prophecy of darth plagueis .......

15. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
    Based on the trailer and latest rumors, here is my idea for the opening crawl to set the stage:

Star Wars Episode VII
    The Force Awakens
    The death of the Emperor brought​
    a period of relative peace to the galaxy.​
    However, in recent years remnants of the​
    GALACTIC EMPIRE took control of several ​
    remote planets with hopes to​
    reclaim their vast dominion.​
    Fearsome elite squads of of Imperial ​
    commandos search the galaxy​
    for lost relics of the SITH LORDS,​
    convinced they will discover the secrets​
    to unimaginable power and gain the ability​
    to control countless worlds.​
    To stop this rising threat,​
    Chancellor Leia Organa Solo orders ​
    ALLIANCE forces to pursue an Imperial ​
    ship in route to the TATOOINE system.​

16. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    If Driver dresses up as Darth Vader at some point I will walk out of the theatre....

D'an likes this.
  17. DarthRex_77

DarthRex_77 Jedi Master

Apr 6, 2006
    I think the snowy woods are on the moon of Endor...a nuclear winter has gripped the moon caused by the destruction of the Death Star in the atmosphere 30 years prior. The dark figure is looking for Darth Vader's last resting place.

18. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

Wow... the Endor Holocaust is going to be canon? LOL

19. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Having seen more of the concept art and rumors going around for The Force Awakens, I thought I would through this premise for the plot of the first film around:

It has been three decades since the death of the Emperor. The Rebel Alliance has reclaimed more than half the galaxy from the evil Empire and reformed into the New Republic. The Empire after the death of Palpatine fell into a unrelenting civil war among what remains of the Imperial military. A cold war still exists between the Republic and the Empire with both sides eager to get the upper hand over the other.

The opening scene involves a Star Destroyer headed by a cyborg Sith inquisitor (who was scarred during the destruction of the first Death Star and a former assassin serving his idol Darth Vader) having been given the cremated mask of Darth Vader from a special team which just went to survey Endor and learning his true fate. Using the Dark Side energy of it he is able to detect which Force user was last around it when he died, Luke Skywalker. Skywalker is eventually located and captured by the Empire.

Later on, I imagine Finn is with aboard some sort of Star Destroyer orbiting Tatooine which he escapes down in using an escape pod. He is Force sensitive and because some of the Sith cyborg inquisitors were nearby he was able to read the minds of one of them and find out Luke Skywalker has been taken prisoner by the Empire. Having heard this legendary name and about the Jedi, he seeks to help him escape in order to help the greater good of the galaxy. He manages to steal Luke's lightsaber and also some Imperial plans for information from one of the inquisitors as proof and seeks to find a Republic contact on Tatooine he has established to meet with in secret.

Once he crash lands on Tatooine, he comes across the junkyard run by Rey (the daughter of Han and Leia being raised in obscurity) who is the secret contact he has been looking for. With an increased presence of the Empire in the area, she brings them into her shop to meet with the real contacts, General Han Solo and Chewbacca. They are able to use Luke's Skywalker to determine that he really is alive and is being held captive by the Empire. With the Imperials right behind them, the group escapes aboard the Millennium Falcon and outruns the Empire into hyperspace. It's here, the group heads to the Republic base on Yavin where Rogue Squadron is based out of and Poe Dameron is flying his X-Wing. Having contacted Chancellor Leia Organa Solo, they gather permission to organize forces to lead a rescue of General Skywalker at the Imperial prison on a frozen world. There is an encounter with one of the Sith inquisitors here. The raid is able to rescue Skywalker from the prison and escape safely.

While safely back in deep space, Luke reveals that the Empire is truly being ruled by behind the scenes by inquisitors of the Sith seeking out their relics in the hopes of obtaining an advantage in the cold war between the Republic and the Empire. Luke reveals they are seeking some sort of object once possessed by his father before he died. All he knows is a Dark Force relic found somewhere in the former boundaries of the Empire.

No one is sure where is this is, but using the technology stolen by Finn earlier in the film, it is found that the inquisitors have been searching for the forgotten castle fortress of Darth Vader where much of his forgotten science and engineering was done in secret. Unsure of where to head next, Luke meditates in quiet and comes across the spirit of his father Anakin, who reveals to him he used to do much of his experimentation on Force objects secretly meant to overthrow the Emperor because he never knew he would be able to challenge him in a duel. With this information in hand, Luke guides the Millennium Falcon and the small Republic task force following them to a watery planet similar somewhat to Naboo, but with a different environment where the fortress of Darth Vader sits on an island unguarded and alone.

Of course, being able to sense Skywalker through the Force now, the inquisitors are able and close enough to follow Skywalker and Finn to this planet as well. Luke leads his small expedition into the fortress, past many traps and defenses established by Darth Vader when he was alive. They come into a twisted laboratory where it's obvious Darth Vader performed some of his most twisted experiments. It wreaks in the energy of the Dark Side. Upon further discovery, it is revealed that the relic sought by the Empire is a Sith amulet which can make the wielder of it invincible and have immense power to see through the Force. Vader intended to use it to eventually assassinate the Emperor, but never got the chance to do so upon his death.

Eventually, the Empire shows up. There is a ground and aerial skirmish between Republic and Imperial forces. Luke battles it out with the Sith inquisitors and overcomes him. With reinforcements personally sent by Chancellor Organa-Solo who has a Force connection with Luke, the Republic overcomes and the inquisitors are forced to retreat with the relic in hand.

Upon returning to Coruscant, Luke decides to make Finn among his newest Jedi apprentices. Rey having tired of grown isolated of being raised out of the limelight on Tatooine asks for the same, her parents grudgingly agreed to do the same having seen the need for more Jedi in turn for the crisis ahead. They will be trained in Luke's newly still very secretive Jedi Order which is still underground which be revealed more in detail for Episode VIII.

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    With all due respect, you mention "Rey" twice. Once in the beginning at the junk shop and then all of a sudden at the end when she wants to train as a Jedi. What happened to her in between?

21. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I imagine that someone has already suggested this but can't help thinking of Dracula when I hear the word 'awakens' in the trailer. Listen to the way this new character says 'dark side' with relish and positively spits out 'and the light'. Eerily vampiric.

Let's face it, there needs to be a villain of considerable magnitude. How about a Sith relic-hunter (a dark-side obsessed space pirate with his own, barely functioning home-made lightsaber) stumbling across a derelict tomb on some previously unseen planet and somehow reawakening the original Sith Lord, whoever that may be?

22. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    She was a member of the group. In my mind, she is not yet a Jedi, but is a Force sensitive without any training. She wouldn't be doing much yet.

23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm guessing the Final Act has Rey dead, Han begging Luke to bring her back, Luke refusing as it means using the Dark Side and accepting the consequences (trading another life for Reys and the activation of the Dark Side Weapon*). Han threatens Luke, Luke still refuses so Han shoots at Luke hoping to force his hand. In defending himself he seriously injures Han who begs Luke to take his own life for his daughter's. Reluctantly Luke performs the act and Han dies as Rey is resurrected.

* - I believe that the 'superweapon' is actually the imprisoned force ghost of an ancient Sith who has been not only commanding Kylo Ren, etc. but taunting Luke as well. When this ancient evil is released it possesses the body of Kylo Ren or whatever is left of him after the duel.

CarboniteSolo likes this.
  24. Woodbine

Woodbine Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 19, 2014
    Although on first reading I thought that sounded crazy, on second thoughts I like it

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  25. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

After the first few words, I didn't like the idea...but after reading the whole thing...man, this doesn't sound too bad. Gives me more of a Star Wars comic book vibe than a Star Wars movie, but without knowing what direction JJ is going to take with it, anything is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.