main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    The Princess of Ondos :)

2. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    As we know that Leia is force sensitive, I'd have in the first episode a conflict or mission for Han and Luke to be on, and through some accident - Luke either kills Han or allows Han to be killed - and Leia turns to the dark side and we have our baddie. An idea, not my settled opinion on what I want to see.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  3. sansian

sansian Jedi Master

Sep 2, 2001
    I like the idea of Vader having some hidden man cave with diaries and thoughts on the Dark Side. Shows he wasnt just a brute force going around choking everyone.

Someone, maybe a Skywalker or Solo, could find the cave and begin to learn the teachings and give rise to the evil person for the trilogy.

Not sure how that would fit in to the other trilogies, as some said before, 1st trilogy fall of anakin, 2nd trilogy redemption of anakin

4. Fengo_Jatt

Fengo_Jatt Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2003
    Hey all,

Long time subscriber, getting excited for the new films after some disappointment from the prequels. Here's my two cents.

Episode 7: The enemy within.

30 yrs have passed since the destruction of the second Death star. Jedi master Luke Skywalker has led a life of solitude, training his niece and nephew (Jaina and Jacen Solo) in the ways of the Force. Frustrated and jealous of his sister's superior abilities, Jacen searches the deserted and desolated remnants of the old jedi council and library on coruscant. There in he finds a jedi holocron, long thought lost, which tells of the mission of Obi Wan Kenobi to research the lost planet of Kamino. Hearing of the legend that is Obi Wan, he believes that Kamino may hold the key to improving his jedi abilities. Once there, Kamino is deserted but he searches for signs of life deep in the caverns under the ocean base. There he stumbles upon a vault with familiar jedi markings. Contained in the vault are artifacts beyond his comprehension, but he senses the force within. Also in the vault is a shell, with a body contained inside. Believing this person may be the key to improving his ability, he unlocks the shell and awakens the person within, who is none other than a clone of Darth Sidious. When the order to create the clone army was made, Palpatine/Sidious ensured that the Kaminoans made a clone of him. However, when the kaminoans discovered that their army was created for evil, they fled for fear of retribution and the vault was long forgotten. Sidious lies by explaining to Jacen that he was created when the order to wipe out the jedi was made, so that he could rebuild the order in time. That he has been living in solitude for 30 yrs, waiting for a nobel jedi to find him and pass on his abilities. Sidious trains Jacen in powerful ways he could only have dreamt of, unbeknownest that he is learning the darkside of the force.

Meanwhile, Leia - who is now head of the new republic, grows concerned at the rise of a new faction who are targetting the outer lying systems and slowly gaining credence, using the promise of economic wealth to gain followers. Leias republic has a more democratic and peaceful outlook on life. Negotiations between the republic leaders - Leia, Luke and Han Solo and the faction fall on deaf ears and tensions rise. The new faction threaten war, but know that they haven't the military might to challenge the republic.

Luke feels a disturbance in the force, sensing that Jacen is in danger and sends his apprentice Jaina to bring him back. When she gets to Kamino, Jacen has gone...already seduced by the darkside and sent by Sidious to make an ally of the new faction. Sidious tempts Jaina and starts her training, only to be interupted by Luke and Leia. Sidious flees after a brief fight with the two jedi masters.

That's as far as I've got really...but I think that somewhere along the line Sidious forces Jacen to kill Luke - who obliges to save Jaina (much like Obi wans death) then in the 3rd film we see a climatic battle between Jaina and Jacen, which results in Jacen being on the brink of destroying Jaina...only to wise up...attack and kill sidious, before fleeing himself.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Not a plot idea as such, but one thing I really hope for the ST is that its plot is a little more closely tied together than either of the previous trilogies.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Not much of a plot idea but a characterization/feel request: While I want the main focus to be on the new cast, I kind of want the relationship between the new lead and Luke to be the emotional core of this film. I want to see what type of father *assuming the new leadi is Luke's child* Luke would become and how his role as a Jedi master would impact his relationship with that child. Would he be incredibly protective and sheltering not wanting his child to have to face the dangers of the galaxy? Or would be be more open and wanting this kid to become a jedi to continue the jedi legacy and eventually go out on his/her own? I also would like to see if Luke and his kids relationship changes through the film(s). Like what if they start out as a healthy relationship but through the course of the films drift apart and grow more at odds with eachother due to different ideals and plans for how to overcome the evil and will end with the new hero breaking away from his/her father to face the villain on his/her own without the emotional baggage of a family. Or maybe they dont get along at first but due to the rise of a new villain they learn to act more like a family and thus making Luke's death all the more tragic and sad for the hero because he/she might feel like Luke was never satisfied with him/her and now feels partially guilty/like a failure. Ohh the dramatic possibiities!

7. Jedi Radenz

Jedi Radenz Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2013
    If anybody has read the most recent star wars books the movie could come right after and it would be perfect. It could revolve around Ben Skywalker, Jaina Solo and Allana. and you have Vestara (a female sith) running loose who so happens to be in love with Ben so that takes care of the love interest.

they also mention in the series about Anakin Skywalker refusing to do some thing which would have brought about balance to the Force (during the Clone Wars) so maybe now it rests on Ben Skywalker or Allana (another decendent) to bring about Balance. Which would make perfect sense since the whole Saga is about bringing Balance to the Force.

8. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Plagueis had foreseen the future which is why he retired to experiments while Palpatine was politically maneuvering to take over the Republic. Plagueis, in his experiments to cheat death and create life, figured out a way to join the force in death and then manipulate the force to be reborn with a higher midichlorian count than Anakin (Hence Palpatines lines in ROTS about Plagueis knowing how to cheat death and create life) . This is why Plagueis let Sidious kill him. In death, at one with the dark side, Plagueis became even more sinister and no longer was the goal of overthrowing the republic or destroying the Jedi enough or even meaningful to him. The dark side of the force engulfed him, pushed him to drive the nature of the galaxy and overall universe to be a living expression of the dark side of the force. The dark side of the force sought to 'live' through the evil deeds and thoughts of the sentient beings within the universe. In order to allow this Plagueis must create a new dark side culture within the galaxy. Manipulate the midichlorians of every sentient being so that the dark side of the force can live through them. Power for the sake of power would not be the goal. Destroying the Jedi would not be the goal - the goal is to change the entire nature of the universe to allow the dark side of the force to create, for the Jedi, a sort of "save yourself from hell" scenario.

w4tkn and Original Oatmeal like this.
  9. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Doin the dark side dance all over the galaxy

[​IMG]

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The hell?

Darth kRud likes this.
  11. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm on it.

[​IMG]

12. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    EPISODE VII: The Shadow of Mortis :)

13. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Sidious made clones of himself, Plagueis, and of Vader. If Sidious does not survive Return of the Jedi then maybe his clones or friends do. Somebody that knows Sidious may be around for the 7th film. I mean, other than Luke. Maybe Plagueis or Tenebrous or Bane or Maul survives. Maybe it is a secret apprentice of Plagueis, Sidious, Maul, Vader, Evil Mace WIndu, Evil Asoka, Ventress. I don't care what they do as long as it seems very cool. I don't want a boring story. I think making up new characters is less creative.

I could see Sidious unfreezing a Vader clone right before Vader brought Luke to him in ROTJ. It would make Sidious look smarter. But then again, if Sidious saw his own death, then he would have avoided it maybe. Unless if Sidious wanted to fake his own death. Maybe Maul faked his death. Maybe Plagueis faked his death. Jason Borne faked his death in the Borne Identity trilogy.

The third Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did not have Shredder. I was kind of sad. It was still interesting to see the turtles travel back in time and fight people in Japan in the 1600's. Shredder for the turtles is like the sith for Star Wars. Home Alone 3 used a different actor for the boy that gets lost. So, Disney better make the next 6 films exciting and dark and full of mysteries.

14. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Man, I really don't think they should use any clones. Seriously, a clone of Sidious, Vader or anyone else would be lame. It would just blow up in their faces to do so and then the ST would get more hate than anything in SW history. There are plenty of good possibilities of unaccounted Jedi, Dark Jedi, former Sith apprentices that we know about and of course they could create characters that we previously knew nothing about. You mentioned Ventress, Maul, Evil Mace Windu, etc, etc. I would rather see ANY of those characters again, than a bunch of clones of iconic characters that need to REMAIN DEAD.

15. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    I have a number of different sequel plots in my head. Here's the latest:

It's 35 years later. The restored Republic is flourishing, peace reigns in the galaxy. There are a few skirmishes with smugglers, crime lords and pirates in the Outer Rim but the days of galactic civil wars and Sith Lords are over. Luke Skywalker has spent this time mastering the Jedi Arts and passing on what he has learned. The Jedi Order is slowly but surely entering a new golden age.

Episode VII starts off pretty small. After all it is a time of peace. But not every threat comes from within. As Luke searches the galaxy for people strong in the Force, someone else is doing the same. It's not a Sith and that person has no interest in training them. He wants to kill them so they can't be found by Luke. Why? Because the Jedi and the Sith got it wrong. Their views on the Force are blasphemous. According to this mysterious villain, the Jedi are heretics.

So the basic idea is a galactic holy war, a crusade. Beings from beyond the galaxy invade with a single purpose - to protect the Force from those who would seek to wield its power in heretical ways. Those unworthy of the Force. Only the invaders are worthy of the Force. Only they know its true nature and if the galaxy will not accept their truth, then the galaxy will be destroyed.

Master_Ysagon likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Palpatine had in fact been under a Talzin spell.

17. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm sorry, but all these ideas about resurrecting Vader, Palpatine, Plagueius, et al. are just bad. It's an easy way out, and is not interesting in the least. It's the worst of comic book and anime plots, and innately groan-worthy. The same with Mortis.

I want a new villain that's not bound to old ideas like the Sith or clones. I have no doubt there will be some Dark Side shenanigans, but the Sith is a tired idea, and unless Star Wars wanted to go really dark, nothing good can come out of cloning.

I don't necessarily have a hammered out plot idea, but I know the general themes and shape:

1. Start out on the street level. We should see our protagonist in relatively mundane and normal circumstances which slowly ramp up to full-fledged space adventure. ANH did this wonderfully, and the first 30-45 minutes of that film had more of a sense of place than anything of the PT.

2. We need to get to know our new hero(es), so introduce them carefully. Juxtapose the transition of Luke -> Obi-Wan -> Han with Qui-Gon -> Jar-Jar -> Padme. In ANH, we learn about them through their mannerisms and dialogue. There's a natural flow to it, and once we're comfortable with the newest addition we're introduced to the next. In TPM, everything happens in a rushed, staccato pace. We don't really get a feel for any of them until they have dinner with the Skywalkers. That would be like waiting until Luke and Han were in their Stormtrooper garb.

3. Episode VII needs to address the transition between generations. Indeed, I think that will be the main theme. There's a ton of storytelling potential there. How do the OT heroes handle aging? Do they trust the next generation to step up and do the right thing? Are they willing to step aside or bow out gracefully? And what about the kid(s)? How will the daunting legacy - especially in regards to Luke - effect them? Will they want to follow in his footsteps?

4. The villain and threat. That's the hardest one. It's difficult not to simply throw another Empire-like force at the heroes, and indeed there's demand for something large as there needs to be space battles. For me, the ideal would be for the villain to have some connection to the heroes. Nothing so heavy handed as one of the OT characters turning bad, but something that allows the villain to shake everyone out of their complacency. One of Luke or Han will likely die, if only to drive home the "Oh crap, we're not safe" factor.

Someone or something that could take away a person's free will could be interesting, if it wasn't played as a straight zombie/Borg analogue. Maybe someone naturally strong in telepathy. Or maybe just some kind of chemical or biological weapon scare. For me, it needs to be different than some guy cackling about the power of the Dark Side. Been there, done that, bought the hat.

That said, I think a bald/shaven Sam Witwer would make for a hell of a main villain. I doubt it would ever happen, but it could work IMO.

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone dies within the first 10 minutes, so they're all cloned by the Keebler Elves.

19. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    Then you go on to say this

I agree resurrecting Sidious or Vader would be artistic suicide, plus, their stories are over but Plagueis entire life was spent figuring out ways to cheat death and although only mentioned briefly in the films he was central to the entire Sith plan. Star Wars has always been about the battle between light and dark side of the force. The easy and tiered idea is shaving an actors head bald while giving some lame motivation to make him the villain.

Agree

Star Trek is making new films all the time. You should go watch those. There's no sith or jedi and pleanty of cheesy villains with non of that pesky darkside nonsense. A bald guy with biological weapons as the villain is so original I think Disney just might do it! You should copyright that concept before some one steals it from you ;)

20. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    A chaotic galaxy has to unite against an all powerful god like alien that wants to destroy the force.

21. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Speaking about Plagueis,I´ll post here my three thoughts from his thread:

Experiments of Plagueis were supposed to be above all in contrast with spiritual success of Qui-Gonn. He might got opposite solution as well, somehow got imprint of his consciousness into some kind of "net of medichlorians" and since then watching galaxy from the eyes of biggest medichlorian concentration - Anakin (therefore effectively watching OT). When sith duo dies, Hego Damask gets himself reincarnation prontu, but becouse Force is balanced, majority of his Dak Side powers are impotent and he tries to awaken them, maybe by the use of Kiberr crystals.

I am feeling incredibly stupid now, but I just had a case of fanboy enlightment.

The beuty with Plagueis reborn could be that he would not have to look like Plagueis prime - if he reincarnate in the true sense of that word, he could be any race or gender and his true identity would be treated as surprise of sorts "I am your father" or "You are the Revan". So he could be cool concept in cooler looking body.

Anyway, what would be interesting to see would be let´s say terryfying insectoid rogue who attacks many planets by advanced bioweapons causing new plagues everywhere. suddenly would emerge the healer character with some impressive biological knowledge and Force powers. Some suspicions might arise, but in the end this figure would be popular enough to be proclaimed as new possible head of Jedi order (there´s also possibility to finally really show suffering population). He could convince Luke to join fleets and destroy the attacker.Unfortunaly...

IT´S A TRAP!

Healer is Plagueis, Insectoid is in fact his apprentice (effectively the Dooku figure) and Luke is killed. Plagueis then starts to control population more and more and trough it separete bodies of Republic while he is trying to activate Dark side again. Meanwhile, main heroes are almost pariahs for distrusting him.

22. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    How would Plagueis taking over the galaxy be any different than the way Sidious did it in the first 6 films? Will people want to see the master (Plagueis) of the previous main antagonist (Sidious) take over the universe? I know that I would but only if it can be cool enough. Plagueis has to be like cooler and smarter and better than Sidious I think. Maybe add a 3rd party into the mix to make things confusing as well.

23. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    It would be diferent as long as themes are different - religion and popular demand in my proposal. Also, if there is another approach how to defeat him.

24. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think something happens that makes Leia believe Han is dead and she snaps. She becomes the Dark Jedi and since she is already in charge of the republic, its almost as bad as Palpatine again. Luke has to convince her not turn and they fight. Most people would think that Luke would easily kick her butt in a fight but it is revealed that ghost anakn has been teaching Leia how to fight since ROTJ ended...

I know, sounds goofy but it would be cool to see Carrie Fisher shoot lightning out of her hands.

25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Episode VII : When Evil Rises

Timeline 50ABY ( 5yrs after the events of Crucible )

At the 50th Anniversary celebrations of the Battle of Yavin on Coruscant Palapatine's secret apprentice strikes with an army of sith that shocks the galaxy to it's core - the attack is so big and sudden that the Jedi can't defend Coruscant & Palpatines' secret apprentice takes control of the senant , Ben Skywalker , Jania & Allana Solo escape Luke Skywalker ( Head of the Jedi Council ) & Leia Solo ( Supreme Chancellor ) are captured , Han Solo is un accounted for .

Ben , Jaina & Allana must devise a plan to recapture their parents & end the Sith's reign over Coruscant .....................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.