main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not a big fan of the whole secret apprentice idea but I this is a really cool plot. The only thing I would change is I would have Leia captured and the kids have to go find Uncle Luke. Really good job though. :)

jedimikey and TreborSabreon like this.
  2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

Thanks :) , Yeah the Children could go off to find Luke & or Han.....

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    In order to tell new stories the universe needs expanding by necessity. New characters and all. Offspring of Skywalker... Will they use the same EU names? Great question. Disney bought the EU, too. I can't see them throwing it away. Bad business, right?

4. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Tying in the EU makes the SW universe more valuable. It's also part of the tremendous vision of George Lucas who has been trying to get people to understand his vision since 1973!!!

5. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Is Luke good or bad in the next films? Is Han good or bad? Is Leia good or bad? Is Lando good or bad? The audience will not know. We will watch each film trying to figure these things out. I want to focus on just these 4 characters and mostly between Luke and Leia, and Han in 3rd place, and number 1 focus on Luke. I want the films to be so full of surprises and secrets and sock value and darkness and laughter and plot twists and more. Keep us guessing. Who is or are protagonists in the next films? Who knows. Please do not tell us. Who is or are the antagonists in the next films? Please do not tell us. I want to watch not knowing what is going to happen next like the TV series Dexter.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But no way can I see them making Luke, Han, or Leia "bad" in the new movies. I think it's safe to assume that if those characters appear, they will be good guys, even if they have secondary roles.

7. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Let's try this...

-I like the idea of Darth Plaguies being a Grand Sith of some sort. It is an overarch that connects the prequels to the sequels. Who knows, maybe he set it up with Anakin/Vader to exact revenge on Sidious/Palpatine.

-I also like the idea of the destruction of Coruscant as something huge that puts the entire galaxy in disarray. It gives tremendous weight to the story and is an incredible problem for our heroes.

-Also mentioned above, and I like the idea, Han and Leia divorced, her a successful politician who cannot stay out of the spot light. Him, uneasy in official life. She has political enemies all around her. They're thrown back together, but they bicker, like they were when we knew them (although this reminds me of Indy and Marion in Indy 4).

-Luke redefining the Jedi code. Luke allows Jedi attachment (marriage/family). Like priests prohibited from marriage, Luke realizes that the Jedi must redefine themselves in order to correct mistakes made in the past. However, Luke wavers at replenishing the Jedi, due to political criticism of the Skywalker legacy and doubts of his ability to properly train new Padawans.

-Also, a general public disregard for the Jedi based on their recent history makes reform of the Jedi code important and necessary.

-Since this is the Skywalker Saga I believe there should be family drama. So, Han and Leia have children. I wonder if the writers will use the existing EU names. I can foresee a female as the main protagonist (a gender inversion to the other trilogies). I would assume Han and Leia's daughter. She has the force and is a fantastic individual in all respects and the most promising Jedi. I also see Luke having a family, too. Someone said he goes back to moisture farming, I thought that was fun. However, Luke is married (this can be EU Mara or someone different if you prefer, it matters not to me) and has a son. His son is awkward. Luke has difficulty connecting with him. His son has the force, but a different personality. Luke, however, is very close and connects well with his niece. This creates a problem in the Skywalker family. It creates jealousy and envy in Luke's own son, which makes him susceptible to the dark side. This could be about Luke having to save his son, his failure as a father/teacher. As Luke had to help redeem his father, now he must fight for the life of his son. The climax may even have Luke sacrifice himself as Obi-Wan did, in order to save his family. So there would be family intrigue, political intrigue, and the archetypical Antagonist.

-I think we should see Sith again. Because the Sith represent a philosophy, not only a people. However, as the Jedi reform themselves for great balance, the Sith adapt to create greater chaos and control. Armies of Sith aligned with Mandalorian descendants could create, in my imagination, one of the greatest climaxes in the entire SW series.

-Other ideas I like: Artifacts or Kaibur crystals being hunted for that enhance the power of the force. A crystal needs to be destroyed. Battles in giant quarries and crystal mines with enslaved humans and Wookies. Some of this makes me think of Indy or LOTR.

-Crossing the galaxy to find other Jedi or relatives as originally envisioned for the sister of Luke Skywalker.

-Spice mines of Kessel. Corellian shipyards. Someone said the Leia is now Queen Leia Organa-Solo on the New Alderaan....Great Idea!!!

8. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    Please keep us guessing. I want to watch the next films like a little kid with awe and shock and joy. I am not saying that Luke and Leia and Han would be bad. I am just saying put them in the grey. They do not need to be black or white. Make us think all sorts of things. Maybe we will think one of them is bad. But that does not mean they are bad. It just means drama and many conflicts and a good story with shock value and a lot of ahhh-haaaa moments.

9. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Luke should have renounced his Jedi status and gone to live as a hermit on the other side of the Galaxy. The first film can be a search for him.

Coruscant should be razed, so we don't have to visit it every half an hour.

The New Republic should fall by the end of the first film, and our heroes spend the series as hunted outlaws.

I liked the idea of an evil floating baby which was mooted for Episode III - they should include that.

Master_Ysagon likes this.
  10. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    They look for Luke and find Spock instead.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The galaxy will be controlled by several factions under a Cold War.
    1. Whatever the Rebel Alliance will be.
    2. The Hardline Galactic Empire
    3. A more sympathetic Empire
    4. Several Criminal empires in the Outer Rim, Hutts, Black Sun, Mandalorians and whatever else.
    Darth Plagueis comes back from the dead or netherworld of the Force and leads an Army of non-force sensitive beings. Not sure what they will be yet.
    The new Army attacks the one of the Imperial factions and destroys it and goes to the next but someone escapes and goes to warn the rest of the galaxy but is ignored until they are attacked. Luke, Han and Leia are alerted and we see them in the New Temple. The Jedi are roughly 20-30 in number. They send some Jedi to fight the threat but are rebuffed and are saved by Han's smuggler protege. The Big 3 come in and they fight the Army and meet Darth Plagueis reborn.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  12. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Star Wars: Episode VII - Rising Evil

Main Plot:

A year after the Yuuzhan Vong War, Leia & Han receive news that their son Jacen has been abducted by the Death Watch. They contact Luke who starts to investigate and comes across a very old Togruta female who's very strong in the force. Turns out its Ahsoka Tano! She fills in the blanks about his father and the Clone Wars which makes him to start doubting his beliefs about Yoda, Obi-Wan and the Jedi in general. He makes his way to Mandalore only to find out that the Death Watch handed Jacen over to pirates who were hired by someone called Lumiya. He, Han and Lando travel to a heavily fortified fortress on a moon of Vassek (General Grievous's Lair) guarded by what remains of the empire. They finally confronts this Lumiya who they now have discovered is a Sith Lord and has begun influencing Jacen to join her in the dark side to resurrect the Empire. A battle ensues, and they fight their way through the fortress with a very battered and uncooperative Jacen in hand. During their escape Luke comes across a piece of evidence that indicates Lumiya has obtained his father's hand and plans to clone Darth Vader. After several close calls, Han gives his life within view of the Falcon in order to allow Luke to escape with Lando and his son. Now in Space additional battles are fought and Luke, Lando and Jacen are forced to use an escape pod seconds before the Millenium Falcon is destroyed by a newly created weapon fired from an extremely manuverable tie fighter piloted by a Sith Asassin. They end up on Vassek where Leia receives a distress signal from the doomed escape pod. A search party is sent out but no one is found!

13. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013

Why would they kidnap Jacen? Remember that Vader had a reason to kidnap Leia and that reason wasn't rape.

14. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I get the feeling that the Big 3 won't be the main stars but there presence will be felt in the beginning or something and then the new stars will play out most of the movie and then they will get into trouble and Han and Luke will have to bail them out or something...maybe they won't be in all 3 of the new movies, just this one.

Darth Claire likes this.
  15. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    I wrote abducted, Kidnap implies a ransom and I didn't imply that at all. I meant more like just taken against his will.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Not much specific plot point but more of general plot desire: Some sort of shock reveal/twist that none of us saw coming but once we think about it it makes perfect sense and is quite genius *like the whole Captain Jack is Face of Boe in Doctor Who. Once you think about it, it makes a whole lot of sense*. I dont want some sort of obvious, cliche reveal like "Gasp I was your REAL father" or "Mwah ha ha I was actually evil the whole time!", those have been done millions of times. I kinda want the twist to be something fresh, but IDK if that is possible but hey...a girl can dream :)

17. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013

Why abduct Jacen?

18. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    To get to his parents and in turn to Luke. Why did they torture Han in ESB to get to Luke. such action are always to bring down the main character. I hope that satisfies your interest.

19. Original Oatmeal

Jan 22, 2013
    They can't just find Luke directly?

20. Jedirush2112

Apr 10, 2013
    Yes they could but Luke would be much more vulnerable in their strong hold not his. They have the advantage in their domain. They know the ins on out, Luke is at a disadvantage there!

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  21. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I'd like to see a Jedi Monastery or temple with grail-like items or force crystals. I like the idea of Luke as a shadowy figure who attempts to walk the fine line between good and evil. A grand fantasy and personal tale

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Since we're all on the topic of giving Luke a major role *which I'm kinda doubting he will have TBH*, I'd like to see the villain use his weakness against him...and that weakness would probably be his kid *or the new hero if they're not blood related*. Lets say Han and/or Leia dies, Luke could possibly freak out and go all "Ok I lost the people who raised me, my real father, and now Han and Leia, no way am I losing you!" which could create some tension between the two *Luke and the new hero*. Luke not wanting to risk his child in this war, while the new hero realizing thats exactly what the villain wants. For Luke to get crazy protective which would maybe make him more likely to taking the villain on by himself *and lets imagine that this new villain could easily kill him*. The new hero would eventually go off on his own to face the villain. IDK....I just dont want this trilogys entire focus to be on the old cast but instead focus on the new since they're the ones who have to take this thing over.

23. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I think I agree with you that he won't have as big a role as we seem to be thinking.

24. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    yeah.....not to upset anybody here...but I think some people are setting themselves up for disappointment when it comes to the size of the OT3 roles whether it be big or small. But hey...if Avengers can pull of giving each character a time to shine/importance than so can Star wars.....right?

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  25. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Let's hope so!:) Nothing wrong with the Originals. I hope we see more of these OT3 in future projects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.