main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star wars episode 8 MAJOR SPOILERS (REY'S IDENTITY)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mercer590, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercer590

mercer590 Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    some crazy leaks have been revealed, wether or not these are real. tread carefully.

Rian Johnson has completed the shooting draft for Episode VIII. The confirmed characters to return are Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo Ren, Hux, Phasma, Snoke, Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, R2, C-3P0, BB-8, Ackbar, Nien Numb, Snap, Jessika and Unkar. Benicio Del Toro will be in it, and they're also working out deals with Billy Dee Williams and Hayden Christensen for cameo appearances. The casting process for the other new characters will being in early February. Rey's Luke's daughter. As part of the Skywalker dinasty, both she and Kylo Ren had tremendous Force-sensitivity. Luke was training both when Kylo was corrupted by Snoke and slaughtered the students. However, Kylo couldn't bring himself to kill Rey, and instead mindwiped her and ditched her in Jakku with Unkar so she'd never even have a chance to reconnect with the Force. Luke went into exile because he was convinced his apprentice killed his daughter. And he isn't just bumming around depressed. He's trying to increase his own power because he's coming for Snoke hard. Luke doesn't give a **** about politics anymore, he just wants to kill Snoke

source : http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/64077827/#64077827

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hayden FOR THE WIN!

Doesn't sound like Luke IMO.. hm

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Dayumm!

Luke be ballin!

4. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Love that bit about Luke. Everyone just assumes he's in exile purely out of guilt. He's coming back and bringing a beat down with him!

5. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Hmmm... Really questioning why Unkar would return. Not sure we need to see Jakku again so soon.

6. GeneralOrgana

GeneralOrgana Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    Hmmm, I wouldn't mind this. Not sure about the bit with Luke - seems out of character - but it would certainly be interesting.

7. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    If Kylo couldn't kill her then he already failed the test he was supposed to have passed by killing Han.

8. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Seems legit.:rolleyes:

9. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Isn't it pretty much confirmed by Pablo Hidalgo at this point that Rey being abandoned on Jakku and Ben betraying Luke's Jedi Order were two separate events that happened years apart from each other?

10. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Oh really? I hadn't seen that. Sounds like I need to follow Pablo on Twitter.

11. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Which would show his growth in the dark side.

12. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    i could see Luke not giving a flying force about politics anymore, seeing as how he's been on an island for 10 years. It's beneath him. And good..too...cuz the PT Jedi were way to political bound. But just wanting to kill Snoke. Nah that doesn't sound Luke or jedi like.

Also; wouldn't Kylo sorta remember Rey as the girl he dumped on Jakku? Even if he wouldn't go around saying so out loud, wouldn't there be more of an Ohhh Sh.......... moment in his head.

13. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Well, we know for sure that Rey was ditched on Jakku when she was five years old (fourteen/fifteen years prior to TFA, since Rey is canonically 19/almost 20) and Pablo mentioned on Twitter that the fall of Luke's Jedi Order happened a lot more recently than we expected it to be. I don't think he's stated how long ago exactly it happened though. However it seems pretty much impossible that Rey being ditched on Jakku and Ben's fall to the Dark Side are connected events.

TK327 likes this.
  14. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    Actually he will ultimately fail because sentiment will kill him like it did Vader. So if true, killing Han was a pointless gesture.

15. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    What kind of white supremacist crap is that board?

I hope to hell Lucasfilm isn't listening to those kind of people.

MilesEdgeworth likes this.
  16. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Ummm, has anyone on that site vouched for that poster's authenticity? So a random message board poster claims he has access to the Episode VIII script and everyone is going to believe him without question? What am I missing here?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Darth Rhapsodyne likes this.
  17. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Oh 99.9% chance it's just BS.

There also seems like a bunch of anti-Jewish and, frankly, reprobate people hanging around there.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  18. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    More like 99.99% BS. :D

(Except for Rey being Luke's daughter)

ShaneP likes this.
  19. MilesEdgeworth

MilesEdgeworth Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    So basically the same rumors/ speculation that's been going around minus the Gina Rodriguez casting thing? Did they even try with that one? At least throw in some storyline about the non rey storylines to make the leak believable.

20. Yoda Fan

Yoda Fan Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    "He's trying to increase his own power because he's coming for Snoke hard. Luke doesn't give a **** about politics anymore, he just wants to kill Snoke"

Ummmmm...... He should be able to do that already!!!:confused:

Major faulty premise # 100.

B99 likes this.
  21. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Not sure what to think of this. I like the part about Luke and Rey, though. Interesting...If that part turns out to be true.

22. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I really like the part about Luke.

Did you read the rest of the "insider info" though? That person seems to know too much.

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Locking this. 1) Wrong forum for this. 2) If you have proof then you may post spoilers. But without proof and this shows up again you will be banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.