main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars Episode Four - A Glimmer of Hope (ANH AU - Chapter 8 Posted 08/09/09)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JABrown, Aug 6, 2009.

1. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I figured Anakin would have appreciated the Falcon.

I wonder how many people thought it was Han instead of Lando, even for a second, and even realizing that he had a different role in this story...

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    That was wonderfully played how Anakin fell for the Falcon. =D= And yes, I was suckered for a moment into thinking it was Han (is Lando Corellian?).

So, Obi-Wan's alive! [face_dancing] But probably not in good shape. :_|

Rescue time! [face_praying]

3. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Great story, please PM :)

4. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Of course Anakin would love that bucket of bolts. If anyone knows a good ship on sight, it's him. Though I'm still adjusting to Lando being the captain of the Falcon and not Han.

Why do I get the feeling that visiting that penal station is going to get them mixed up with the Death Star?

Good work as usual. Looking forward to more.

5. DarthCambius

DarthCambius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2007
    Great chapter. Anakin loving the Falcon...not unexpected. And I am happy Obi-Wan is alive. If there is anyone that can help Anakin reconnect to the Force, it is him. I have a feeling he is going to need it to pry Luke out of his current predicament.

Side note - am I child for thinking "heh heh...penal" when I read the part about where Lando said Obi-Wan was being held?

6. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    It's getting more comfy with every update - Lando showing up on the scene and the revelation that Obi-Wan is not dead but captured...

Breaking into penal station = odds of rescuing Princess Leia from death by needle on Death Star, ain't it? :)

I think it's hilarious that Anakin and the Falcon have this "love at first sight" thing going on - Lol! [face_laugh]

It does make sense, though!

7. JABrown

JABrown Jedi Master star 1

Oct 22, 2004
    Hello to all and sundry!

Wow it has been so long since I posted to this story that the thread was actually locked! For those who don't know, I had a little baby boy at the beginning of this year and so my plans to carry on with this kind of vanished. Still, things have calmed down (somewhat) and I have been able to get back to it.

I have at least two more chapters already written, so I should be able to post relatively regularly over the next few weeks. I hope there are still some people interested in following this through to the end.

Joel

Chapter 18

Han Solo, former Prince of Corellia, stood in the elevator, watching the numbers ticking over as he rose to the 97th floor. He wished they would slow down. Not that he didn?t want to get back to the embassy ? in fact it was the only place he felt safe since the whole mess had started.

No, it wasn?t the place. It was the people. Byriam and Kiewan. Waiting for him. With that hopeful expression on their faces. As though their entire universe depended on what he was going to tell them. That wouldn?t have been a bad thing if only he had some good news to give them. Instead, he was heading back with more disappointment.

As the numbers reached the 90s, Han thought back over the past few days. Although agreeing to take Byriam and Kiewan in had seemed like a good idea at the time, he had quickly started to regret it. He wasn?t some hero out of a holodrama, swooping in to save the princess. Or prince, in this case. Hell, he was a prince himself. Where was the hero to save him?

Still, somehow he had found himself cast in the role. So he spent his days trawling the lower levels of Coruscant in disguise, looking for a way off world.

A way out. He snorted as the elevator reached his level. Slipping the key card out of the slot, he waited for the doors to open and then stepped out into the corridor. It was empty, flickering emergency lights the only illumination. He moved quickly, keeping as close as possible to the walls until he reached the door to the embassy offices. Keying in his code, he tapped his finger on his thigh as he waited for it to open. When it did, he slipped inside.

The lights were out and the blinds were closed, leaving him stuck in a strange half-light emanating from the console on Ly?s little desk. He glanced at it, imagined her sitting there, and winced.

There were no ways out.

Ever since Palpatine?s little gambit against the Alliance, Imperial Centre had been closed down. The planetary shields kept everyone in. Han had called in every favour, tracked down every dubious contact, but none of them had paid off. Most of those who had a ship couldn?t get a pass through the shields. Of those few who had a pass, fewer still were willing to take a risk on possible Alliance entanglements. And of those willing to take the risk, none of them were offering anything like the sort of prices Han could afford.

I?m never getting off this planet, he thought. Not with them in tow, anyway.

Not for the first time, Han considered just ditching the two renegades and taking his chances alone. As he reached to the door to his office, he hesitated.

What if I just turn around and walk away? They?ll never know. In a couple of days, they?ll work it out and leave here on their own. I?m sure they?ll find someone to help them. There must be Alliance sympathisers still active on ?

He broke off the line of thinking as the door whooshed open and a small, brown-haired tangle of arms and legs threw itself ? or himself ? at Han?s legs. He felt hands clutch at the back of his calves and looked down to see Kiewan, warm brown eyes so reminiscent of his mother?s. Han felt a shiver run down his spine.

?We were so worried,? the boy whispered.

Han forced a smile, feeling sick to the stomach at what he had been thinking of doing. He reached down and ruffled his hair.

?Nothing to be worried about.?

?How did it go??

He looked up to see Byriam stood in the doorway, her eyes cold. She knows, he thoug

8. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Awwwww. So sad.... hey, I have first response! This is INTENSE.

9. JABrown

Oct 22, 2004
    Hi Curtis!

Welcome to the story. Glad you enjoyed it! I hope to have some more posted beginning of next week.

10. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    Of course I remember this story! So happy that you are writing again! Congratulations on the little one!

11. JABrown

Oct 22, 2004
    Thanks for the comment and the congrats, Solo-Smirk. I'll hopefully have the next chapter posted by the beginning of the week.

Joel