Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace DVD movie night/games night

Discussion in 'Ontario General' started by YoungJediNiagara, Oct 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Y.J.N.ews Update ? October Calendar Update

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace DVD movie night/games night and informal Y.J.N. meeting.

Host: Mark Denstedt (AKA "Stormtrooper TK5-15-69")
    Event: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace DVD movie/games night and informal Y.J.N. meeting.
    Where: e-mail me (Chris ?Obi-Wan? Leigh) for directions
    Date: Saturday October 20th
    Time: 6:00pm till Mark throws us out

Please do not expect Mark to feed all of us!!! Everyone should bring pop and munchies for everyone to share. Also, bring along a few bucks to chip-in for some pizza.

Y.J.N. informal meeting ? (same night)

Topics of discussion:
    - Blockbuster Charity Event (how did we do?)
    - Club finances
    - November activities and events
    - Santa Claus parade in Thorold November 24th

REMINDER

Blockbuster Video DVD release/Charity Event

Y.J.N. will be holding its? next charity event, October 16th, surrounding the release of Episode I on DVD. Blockbuster Video, 210 Glendale Ave., St. Catharines will be hosting the event.
    Y.J.N. members are asked to come to the store, in costume, and entertain patrons in a hope of generating donations for Women?s Place ? St. Catharines. A table will be set up inside the store were we will be selling our charity T-shirts, for $10 each. And we will also have a donation box set up which will already be in the store four days prior.
    Since this is a school day, our younger members are asked to come as soon as school lets out. Blockbuster will be promoting the event from 4 pm. If you wish to come earlier to help out, I will be at Blockbuster when it opens in the morning, 10 am, and staying all day.
    Hope to see you there.
  2. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    I can probably go, I'm just not sure I have a ride....

AW
  3. Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Master

star 3
    Me there! Me there! Me SO there!
  4. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    Why don't we discuss what everyone is bringing so we don't have lots of the same stuff, and we can figure out what else we can bring?
  5. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I can bring me. We certainly don't want anyone else to bring me as well. Then there would two of me, and one is bad enough.

I can also bring a case of Coke.
  6. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't bring me, so therefore can't bring anything else...

I'm going out to find myself now,
    If I arrive before I return,
    please ask me to stay until I'm back.
  7. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    I can bring a nacho dip and nacho chips!
  8. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    I can bring.... ummm ummm what can I brin... I can bring juice... and.. i can probably bring some sweets.... like rice crispies or somthing.... heres an idea, some one tell me what to bring!! lol later ppl

Amidala Wannabe
  9. BobaFett_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll probably bring some munchies.

On a similar note, I was considering borrowing a video projecter from my school and hooking my dvd player up to it and playing The Phantom Menace DVD on the side of my house. People could bring a lawn chair to the big parking lot beside my house and we could have donations box for Women's Place. Anyone think this is a good idea? If I were to do this it would have to be a week or two after Mark's party.
  10. Darth_Pestilence Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi again!

This is Amy, (Chancellor Amethyst) and I just posted to say that due to a wedding, I have to babysit and am unable to attend on Saturday.

I hope someone reads this, and I hope to attend your next event.

-DP

*Amethyst looks around* "When did I become DP?"
  11. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Sorry to hear you wont be there DP.
    I'll keep you informed regarding upcoming events.
  12. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Too bad. I was going to bring that Sebastian Shaw article I found.

Oh well. Next time.
  13. Darth_Pestilence Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks, Woofer. How hard was it to find, out of curiosity?

-Chancellor Amethyst of New Coruscant
  14. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Not at all. I don't have that many magazines saved up from that long ago, and I was about 80% sure it was that issue. I was right.

It is in Starlog #120, which celebrated the Star Wars 10th Anniversary.
  15. Darth_Pestilence Jedi Master

star 1
    From '87? Cool.

Usually you can find interviews with just about anyone on the net. Not him, though. I was starting to wonder if he actually talked to people...

Anyway, what's this 'gargling gershwin' thing?
  16. Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Master

star 3
    That was a lot of fun! Chris had to drop me off at home at 2:30 am. (Mystery Science Theater 3000) And,yes, I was locked out....momentarily.

I'm still watching that MST3k tape and laughing soooo hard.
  17. TragicLad Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooooh MST3k!
    What movie were the bots watching?
  18. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Another MSTie fan! Wheee..

We were "treated" to Space Mutiny.

Mark taped it direct from the Sci-Fi channel, its not (yet) one of the episodes available to buy.

I always thought that Space should get get the rights to the show. Lets all write Moses Znaimer and suggest it!
  19. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, maybe I was just tired and all, it being 2:30 in the morning, but it was not that funny!! Ian, John, Mark, Steph and Nick were laughing so hard they were nearly crying. Maybe it's just not my sense of humour, but it was not THAT funny. A guy sitting in a theater with 2 robots making stupid comments about a movie....okay?? Like I said, maybe I was tired. Oh well, to each their own. Atleast you had fun.
  20. Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Master

star 3
    Crow and Tom Servo, to be exact. That was so funny! Besides, if Woofer likes it it must be great, right?\

My favourite part of Space Mutiny: The cart chase. "Put on your helmets, we'll be reaching speeds of 3...Hold on, we're gonna need both horsepowers!"

I got a chance to view Teenagers from Outer Space
  21. dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, what a fun night that was!!
    Mark, you're living VERY dangerously telling us we're welcome at your place any time, and making sure we remember your address!
    Thanx Woofer, for showing me the doc. on costume design.....that was absolutely awesome! Of course I loved all the bloopers and deleted scenes just like everyone else.....but the costume doc. was to me.......inspiring! Somebody hold me back from the fabric store!!
  22. dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Han, have you reviewed the DVD enough times yet to figure out exactly what is hanging on and around Anakin's bed? Is it really handcuffs and whips and.........Give us the "inside scoop".

btw, everyone....I'm very new at this!!!! Please excuse my blunders 'til I get the hang of it!! (like for a year or two, anyways)
  23. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, Deb... Now that I look back on it, most of what I was laughing at wasn't really all that funny, (some really was) I think I was just tired too....

Shaden
  24. Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Master

star 3
    How dare you! That is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! I guess you just don't understand Sci-fi. :D
  25. Ian_Ball Jedi Master

star 4
    pure comic gold.... LOL :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.