main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - rewritten

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Oakessteve, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
  2. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Yeah, 3-PO does need a bit of work. Infact, his sudden change of loyalty is the most cringe inducing thing about my rewrite! Also, I think Qui-Gon needs a bit of work, too. But I need to finish off my Palpatine story before I start thinking in too much detail about that sort of thing!

3. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    Also, I think Qui-Gon needs a bit of work, too

If you want to expand his role, fine. But make sure Kenobi still gets to do stuff like going to Tatooine, meeting Anakin, deciding to train him, etc. ;)

4. Panesar

Panesar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2004
    Pretty good...all round. I have one slight problem. If i have misunderstood this then please correct me. In the story, why would c-3po help the two jedi? Wouldnt he ONLY obey his master do do nothing but what his master commands. We dont know the back story of c-3po in THIS rewritten story so i assume that c-3po was made FOR the TF. Which means, c-3po was programed to be kinda designed evil...(not truly evil but u know, not helpin the jedi..and so forth)

**AND**

Can 3po survive the swampy water, wouldnt his circutes get wet...he'll malfucntion???
    Also, 3po would be much of a burden for obi wan to carry.

other than that. Excellent story, competes greatly with the original.
    I give that an A not an A**!

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Maybe Obi-Wan rip off C-3PO's restraining bolt? ;)

6. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Well, my idea was, which I didn't really get across terribly well, is that C-3PO is actually rather above the other droids. He can reason things out for himself, and does have a strong sense of right and wrong, and what he's doing for Trade Federation is wrong, but as soon as the Jedi appear, he sees it as his chance to do some good. The 3PO in my rewrite is quite a different character from the one we meet in Star Wars, and I had a vague idea that it's because of all the selfless indignity he has to put up with during the prequel trilogy that he becomes the character we know in the Classic trilogy. But it didn't come across terribly well, I don't think! :( But cheers for your kind comments, anyhow. :D

As for 3PO not shorting out when he goes into the swamp, well....erm.....Obi-Wan used the Force to protect him! Yes. That's it.

[face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.