main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG STAR WARS EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES TRAILER: CLONE WARS

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    THE NEW EPISODE II TRAILER IN MALAYSIA TV:

FOX Malaysia will air the Clone War trailer on Monday. The Malaysian Press Release details the times:
    WHEN: MONDAY, MARCH 11TH 2002
    WHERE: NTV 7
    TIME: EDISI 7 AT 8PM & BETWEEN 10PM TO 11PM

2. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Um...can I watch it in Singapore?

3. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    You need a big antenna for that... :p

4. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh, and make sure that your antenna isn't obstructed by trees and the like (that's what happens to all my Malaysian channels, you see pixels!) :(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    WAAAAAAAA! SCV don't carry FOX TV and I can't get NTV 7 even with the booster anymore. :_| :_| :_| :_|

6. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I don't even have SCV. :(

Missed out on all the Star Wars OT and TPM premieres...I have the VCDs, but there's nothing like seeing your favourite movies on TV. :D

7. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    It's a trailer... ;)

8. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey, I specially noted the time, date, day and channel of the 'Breathing' trailer when I found out that it was going to be shown on TV. :p

= Clare =

9. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    The reception of ntv7 should be quite okay, I think, if you stay in the north. I'm not so sure about Changi, though.

Am taping it. :D

10. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Saw it. Verdict: I NEED A BIGGER TV SCREEN! So much detail that was lost upon recording... *sigh*

11. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    Just saw it on my computer screen. Looks very good. Fast exciting battle scene. But two things: it's a bit too CG, and some lines are flat.

What do you think?

12. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, at first I thought the colours on TV were completely cartoonish, (Yoda was too florescent green!) then I checked out the screen shots on the web screen shots... and YOda wasn't that green. So I went back and changed the 'colour' setting on the TV screen, and viola, the computer game feel completely disappeared, and I felt like I was in the cinema.

I like the trailer. I especially like the bit when Anakin was levitating a sphereical object. So... innocent. But I have a theory as to where that scene is played out: in Palpatine's office, methinks.

13. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    My first impression is the battle scene at the end is very exciting, plus Anakin's voice is very sweet, almost too sweet. :D

Will watch a few more times.

14. Jedi_Eclair

Jedi_Eclair Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    Forgive me, but I found the last part with the lightsabres being waved about in the middle of the arena-like area...cute.

::Shrugs::

:D

The way Palpy was talking to Anakin...it's pretty easy to see that Ani will turn to the dark side.

And I think Obi-Wan is boring. Doesn't like flying, telling Anakin not to do anything without the permission of him or the Council... ::rolls eyes::

15. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Cute? You call the awful foreshadowing of the demise of the Jedi cute?!!

16. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Cute??? erhh... :D

I agree Obiwan is boring, his lines are flat. Why do they want him to repeat "I hate flying" in a short trailer two or three times? Doesn't he have something else to say? And he sounds like a typical boring teacher. Clare I understand why you don't like that. :)

17. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Not the foreshadowing bit, just the little bars of colourful light being waved around.

Maybe it's a trailer, and too short to fully show how he's like in AOTC...but doesn't he seem to be bit out of character? In TPM, he makes small jokes like: 'You were right about one thing, Master. The negotiations were short', and in ANH he goes: 'Of course I know him. He's me'. But in AOTC he's so...dry? Boring? Flat? Just so darn irritating?

Okay, so maybe they're in a war. But hey, twenty-five-year-old Obi-Wan cracked a joke (or tried to) on an enemy battleship while hiding from the Neimodians and a whole lot of battle droids. Thirty-five-year-old Obi-Wan acts like he'd fall apart if he laughed.

And the 'I hate flying' thing seems to be very different from the JA books, where he pilots a starfighter. But maybe it's because it's EU...

But still.

I'll go watch it again and come back with more complaints. :D

18. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, I adored Obi-wan's "I hate it when he does that". I mean, come on, the poor man's saddled with the unenviable task of looking after the 'arrogant' kid. The part about him hating how to fly? Well, I interpret it as Obi-wan hating Anakin's piloting skills, and having been subjected to it once too often, of course gets annoyed by stomach twisting g-forces.

Then again, Obi-wan might actually be in the driver's seat in the speeder chase. Let me go and have a look at the trailer again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.