Star Wars Episode II Celebration @ the Brooklyn Library

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by spideymike, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideymike Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guys,

For those of you in the Cleveland area, I'll be having a Star Wars Episode II Celebration this Saturday on May 18th from 2-4pm. My friend Dennis Cramer who has done illustrations for the Star Wars Gamer as well as the Star Wars Insider will be there showing some of his artwork. He might even show attendees a "chalk talk" type drawing demonstration. Also I'll be having 4 levels of SW Trivia - you can pick two. Padawan (easy), Jedi Knight (moderate), Jedi Master (name says it all but were all such geeks we can get these right) and Episode II trivia. I'm trying to get some prizes for the trivia contests. If anyone would be interested in donating any prizes please let me know. I'm throwing in a Carbon Freezing Chamber amongst other things.

For the day I'm working on a craft idea for younger SW fans (make your own lightsaber hilt) and I've designed my semi-annual "Jedi Times" newsletter with facts on Episode II, EP3 news and rumors, a collectors guide. Also, we'll be making a large 25th Anniversary "thank you" card I'll be mailing to Uncle George so all the attendees can sign it. I did this in 1997 and the kids had a great time with it.

Also I put together a nice display of SW memorabilia in two display cases and I've got a DK Books life-size battle droid in the reference area.

Sooooo...if you've got some freetime on Saturday and I'd love to have you guys stop by and say hi. If you're thinking about attending, please email me at my work address at mpawuk@cuyahoga.lib.oh.us and let me know that you can make it. The library is located at 4480 Ridge Road in Brooklyn. It's north of Ridge Park Square between Memphis and Biddulph roads.
    - Mike

p.s. In case you're a fan of BW3, on Friday May 17th NTN trivia will be having a SW session. I think it starts at 7pm. Sounds like an excuse to gather 'round. I'll be at the BW3 in Parma Heights.
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'll try to make it for a little bit, I have to work at 3pm (downtown) on Saturday. Sounds like fun, I'll see if Padawan92 can go with me as well.
  3. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    If I'm not seeing the movie again then I'll try to make it. And don't worry about prizes for the adults in the trivia, just do some kind of certificate for all the kids, or something.
  4. spideymike Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guys,

I've got prizes for everyone but any adult who gives their prize up for a kid/teen is always welcome.

It should be a lot of fun.

- Mike
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Sorry I couldn't stop by on Saturday :( I hope you had a nice turnout the event. How did the trivia contest go? Were there alot of kids? I wished I could have made it, sounded like fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.