main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars, Episode II: Faith of the Force

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rabe02, Jan 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabe02

Rabe02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 1999
    Oh well...I guess I don't need it *that* much. rolleyes.gif
    He had tried, but it hadn't worked-understandably, as that was what it was. Padme still seemed cross at him-he didn't understand why; it hadn't been his idea in the first place.

Now they were on a ship-he wasn't sure what type it was: much too small to be a cruiser, too large to be a fighter (as it accommodated two humans and an astromech droid).

They had nearly reached wherever it was their transport was programmed to go. Anakin, even as Padme's bodyguard per se, hadn't been told where it was for "Safety precautions."

They probably just didn't trust him because he was so young.
    Padme didn't understand why when Panaka and his officers had to make a serious decision like this one they never bothered to tell her until it was well underway.

She sighed.

Suddenly there was a slight bump.

"Destination reached," announced the mechanized monotone of the ship's autopilot.

She left the alcove of the ship she was sitting in to find Anakin as he had been all day, working on his lightsaber.

"Where are we?" She asked him.

"I told you," he said, with a slight air of annoyance, "I don't know. They just set it on autopilot and never told me where we were?" He had gotten up from his worktable and gone to open the hatch. "Going" never made it out of his mouth-his voice trailed off as he gazed at the vast sandy stretches of Tattooine.

2. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Are there any image-posting guidelines? I have a fanart poster I want to put up

3. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Whoa, this is pretty good...

4. Vermano

Vermano Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 1999
    I just found this story today and have read it non stop from the beginning. Great work! This would be a really cool movie...

5. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Thank you, thank you <bows with a ridiculous grin on her face> I like to think so...

6. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Happy birthday to me
    Happy birthday to me
    Happy birthday dear Raaaaabbbaaaaayyyy...
    Happy birthday to me

[This message has been edited by Rabe02 (edited 04-27-2000).]

7. Queenie

Queenie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2000
    Happy birthday, Rabe!!! I'm enjoying your story. You're doing a great job!

8. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Thanks

9. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Okay, i AM working on the next part!!!
    No, Really!

10. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    They might have been able to take advantage of the fact that Owen lived on Tattooine, but Padme had never visited him and didn't know where he lived.

So they were taking refuge in Anakin and Shmi's old home.

Anakin knew nobody else would be living there, even now (almost three months later): Unless Watto had gotten considerably richer in the past ten years, which there had been no indication of on their last visit, years passed between when he bought any new slaves, and there was no reason to move anybody from the home they already lived in to one exactly like it.

Padme followed him to the door, fanning herself desperately as he punched in the code to open it: the planet was hot enough without having to make the visit in late summer.

Sure enough, the little hut was unoccupied. Anakin half expected to see his mother look up from setting the table, happy to see him, as they entered the kitchen.

Of course she wasn't there.

He stared blankly around the tiny room, toward the two alcoves that they had used as bedrooms. He barely felt Padme put her arm around him.
    That night Padme slept restlessly, to the extent that she slept at all.

She dreamed she was in some strange place: A tower of iron and transparisteel, a tall open cylinder with small, cramped rooms built into and balconies protruding from the walls and a single pillar in the center. She was looking for something, someone perhaps.

A cruel, maniacally high-pitched laugh reached her ears. Harsh breathing. A child shrieking.

Somehow even though she was completely alone, neither of the first two sounds surprised or even frightened her. The last, though, made her feel as if her heart was about to stop beating and the blood had frozen in her veins.

She began to run. This was the point at which the dream really became strange, even in comparison to most other nightmares. She knew exactly where she was trying to go, and knew as well that she was going the right way to get there, but couldn't tell which direction she was headed in. She could see everything and through the walls but there was complete darkness.

She could still hear the heartless laughter and the lifeless breathing and the frightened, screaming child . . . the sounds were in her head and at the same time coming from somewhere else entirely.

Suddenly she stopped running and turned around.

There was a little girl.

She looked perhaps two or three years old. She was calling for her mother and crying so hard her face was turning red. She stretched her arms toward Padme, begging to be held, comforted.

Padme tried to go to her, but felt as if somebody were pulling her backwards. She couldn't move . . . she couldn't . . . she couldn't . . .

And then she began to scream too.

Mercifully, this was the point at which she woke up. After what seemed a little less than an hour, she drifted off again.

And was plagued by he same dream.

It frightened her awake two more times and then she decided there was little point in going back to sleep.
    <critically eyes the post> Okay, from now on I think my characters are going to have to tell me in advance when they want to have these weird dreams...

11. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Very good post...that's a chilling dream/vision.

Looking for more soon!

12. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    ACK!!!

I POSTED ON THE WRONG THREAD!!!

[This message has been edited by Rabe02 (edited 05-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Rabe02 (edited 05-04-2000).]

13. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Sorry I haven't written in so long, but the other day I read two entire seasons of Melrose Naboo and I was just too scared that the word smeg would pop up somewhere in there!!

Anakin woke up the next morning and rolled out of his mother's old bed (he was too big to fit into his own, anymore-he imagined it was a bit cramped for Padme too, but she was certainly smaller than he was).

Today was his twentieth birthday.

He thought inadvertently back eleven birthdays ago, to his ninth-the last one he had spent at home.

This made him think about his mother, which made him think about how he had been separated from her, which made him think about how he had come to free her, which made him think about the fact that she was dead.

He hated that.

hate leads to suffering? He immediately pushed the wizened green jedi from his mind.

Absently, Anakin wandered into his own old bedroom, where Padme was still asleep.

Are you an angel?

She really was beautiful.

He grinned and gently touched her cheek, prompting a smile from her too. Slowly her eyes opened.

"Morning," she greeted him drowsily. She got out of bed and kissed him-as usual, he was a bit startled: after having lived in the Jedi Temple for nearly eleven years, even remotely emotional behavior was alien to him. "I had the strangest dream," she said.

"What about?"

Padme was silent for a long moment. "I can't remember now," she told him, sounding oddly taken aback. He smiled.

14. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Good job, as always.

15. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Okay, as long as the next addition is being obstinate and refusing to let me write it rolleyes.gif . . . upupupup!

16. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    i WILL finish this story! i WILL finish this story! i WILL finish this story!

AUUUURRRRGH!!!!!!!!

17. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    I'd apologize for taking so long, but it doesn't really look like anybody could care less . . . in case I have some lurkers, I'm TRYING to write, but I have dance rehearsals every night this week and a recital on Saturday and one on Sunday. I'll do my best though.

18. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Okay, at long last: a post! And if this one doesn't generate some response, I will be SO mad it is not even funny!!!
    Faeran3 practically danced into the empty meditation chamber.

Obfuscating other people's lives was so much *fun.*

She sat, cross-legged, on the cold black floor, resting her hands on her knees. Her task would be easy. Anakin Skywalker may have been two years older than she was, but for some reason this didn't prevent him from having less than half her control and discretion.

He was pleased with himself for being The Chosen One, as if it were an accomplishment of his and not something brought about by circumstances he had no control over.

Since he was in hiding with the Queen, something it had taken Faeran3 and her duplicates less than five minutes to establish the day before, he was supposed to be putting up every effort to mask his Force presence. His conscious mind was.

His subconscious, which Jedi were supposed to control as easily as an appendage but he could not (why, the Sith didn't know) was proud of his Presence and was holding it out for her and her master to examine, blustering about it. Its physical equivalent would be something like walking into a room already occupied by Sidious and his brace of apprentices, standing on a table, and shouting, "I'm here! Come fight me!"

She reached out to his too bright presence, no more than an arm's length away, and began to form a bond (this was more difficult than she had expected; she had never tried to bond with anybody who was not also trying to bond with her).

Faeran saw through Anakin's eyes Queen Amidala. She was barely recognizable as herself without the pancake makeup and outrageous costume. Her face was bare, her hair hung down her back in a single braid, and she wore a simple, short-sleeved white dress. She was talking amiably with an elderly woman behind a crude stand-pieces of an old crate hung with a sailcloth awning. She laughed, then handed the woman several coins, receiving a cloth sack with half a dozen orange fruits in it.

Faeran had an oddly difficult time looking past the queen, at the surroundings-the reason for this, she decided, was that she was seeing wherever they were through Skywalker's perceptions. The reason that *he* wouldn't look at anything else was obvious.

Finally, she saw large, ugly, hairy animals. Banthas. A crowded street with many such makeshift stands and booths, but beyond that vast sand dunes.

Then she sensed that Anakin felt something strange . . . was apprehensive. He had found her in that little-used corner of his brain! (She found it comical, with an 'of-course' kind of connotation, that it had taken him so long.)

He quickly began to sever her bond-she wasn't prepared. She had never had a bond broken by somebody else and abruptly either. It was as if she were holding onto a coveted object, and rather than prying her fists loose, its owner was chopping off her arms at the elbows.

She managed to hold onto it long enough to send a quick message: <Ouch.> Smug satisfaction from the other end. <But I don't mind, Skywalker. I got what information I needed.> She finished chopping off her arms herself.
    Again, all but dancing, she entered her Master's quarters. He was in a lordly mood, with the recent positive turn of events, and (the soldiers said) was making a habit of giving worse punishments for lesser offenses. So Faeran knelt and bowed her head before saying, "Queen Amidala and her guard are on Tattooine, my master."

"Excellent!" He surprised her with a compliment. "Take two soldiers and go there." She nodded her head a little. "Stand up." She obeyed. "Now go."

"Now?"

"Yes, now! Do I have to-"

She was out before he could finish the sentence.

"Get back in here!"

She complied again.

"Take this with you." He lifted a remote from his desk and pressed a button, at which signal a blue astromech droid rolled out of a nearby door. "Quite a useful little machine. We captured it on Naboo. Trying to wipe its memory banks, but it's as if some things are stuck to the circuits. Enough i

19. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Sorry. Tried to post a reply yesterday, but the server was being ****ty. mad.gif

Again, nice job... on this post, and the other ones I wasn't able to respond to.

20. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rabe02:
    Okay, at long last: a post! And if this one doesn't generate some response, I will be SO mad it is not even funny!!!

Sorry... redface.gif PMS.

21. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
  22. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I found the story again! And it's as great as ever! I like the way that Anakin is not able to control his unconscious mind and that it provides a way for Faerin to find him. Everybody has to have a weakness somewhere, Chosen One or not. And the way he doesn't fit into his old bed anymore was a good touch. Also the inclusion of R2D2! I'm glad I'm back!

23. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Me too! I was wondering where you were... cool.gif

24. Master Lurker

Master Lurker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    Whoa! This is a very cool story, Rabe. When you finish this are you going to write an episode three?

Just out of curiosity, of course, and not for the reason that a certain reader will start ripping his hair out in clumps if the answer is no.

25. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Thank you Lurker. What do you guys hate more than anything else in the world? I hate writers block. a LOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.