main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Star Wars Episode II: The Empire Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dark Ferus, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    This fanfiction continues my previous fanfiction, Star Wars: Origins of Darth Vader. It is mainly the story of the actual ESB, except one vital plot point is changed. Everything in ANH happened as in the film.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

Star Wars Episode II: The Empire Strikes Back

It is a dark time for the rebellion. Although the Death Star has been destroyed, imperial troops have driven the rebel forces from their hidden base and pursued them across the galaxy.

Evading the dreaded Imperial starfleet, a group of freedom fighters led by Luke Skywalker have established a new secret base on the remote ice world of Hoth.

The evil lord Darth Vader, obsessed with finding young Skywalker, has dispatched thousands of remote probe droids into the far reaches of space...

Note- everything so far has happened as it did in the film

Luke hung onto the gauntry, as Darth Vader loomed over him. Luke had had a vision on Dagobah while training under Master Yoda of his friends in danger on Bespin, so he had hurried to confront the Sith Lord. Now, after a long duel, Vader had won, cutting off Luke's hand in the process. The pain still burned as Luke willed himself to hold on. However, instead of killing young Skwalker, Darth Vader apparently wanted to train Luke in the dark side, in hopes of overthrowing the emperor.

"Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father," taunted Vader.
    Fresh hate surged through Luke.

"He told me enough!" screamed Luke, "He told me you killed him!"

"No Luke," replied Vader, extending a hand, "Obi Wan killed your father."

Luke stared at his arch-enemy, refusing to process what he had heard. Once he had processed it, Luke immediately denied the claim in his head, but for some reason, could not bring himself to think that Vader was lying.

"No!" Luke shouted, in pain and anger, "No, that's impossible!"

"Search your feelings," urged the black-armored villain, "You know it to be true."

Luke reached into the force, thinking, why Ben, why? Had Anakin Skywalker turned to the dark side? Had Obi Wan? Why could Obi Wan possibly have killed his dear friend, then lied through his teeth about it. Vader had to be lying, but Luke sensed in the Force that he was not.

"Join me," said Vader, "and together we can rule the galaxy as master and apprentice. We can destroy what's left of the evil Jedi order and bring down the emperor."

"Never!" yelled Luke. Preparing to die, which he preferred over joining Vader, Luke let go of the railing with his only hand and fell into the shaft below.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    The Millenium Falcon sped away from Cloud City. with several TIE fighters in pursuit. Lando, Leia, and Chewie all sat in the cockpit, C3PO and R2D2 in the back.

Suddenly, Leia sensed someone calling to her. Leia, help me! It was Luke, somehow telepathically calling for her. She didn't know how she could sense his thoughts, and didn't care right now.

"We have to turn around!" she exclaimed.

"What about those tie fighters?" replied Lando.

"Just do it!" snapped the Alderaan Princess. Chewie also reminded Lando that he was allowed to escape with them despite his previous betrayal.

"All right, all right," muttered Lando Calrissian as he turned the ship back to Cloud City. As they flew beneath the approach in TIE fighters, Lando saw a figure hanging onto the bottom of the platform.

"Right there," he said.

"Lando, open the top hatch," commanded Leia as the Falcon flew under Luke.

Lando scrambled out of the cockpit as Leia reassured Luke telepathically that it would be okay.

Ben, thought Luke, as Chewbacca and the newcomer carried him into the sickbay, why didn't you tell me?

He reached out with the force to Obi Wan's spirit, all the way back on Dagobah.
    Then, a new voice spoke to him, one he had never heard, but knew very well.

Son, it said.

Father.

Ben, why did you lie to me?

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Note- The rest of Empire Strikes back happened as it actually did, except here Sebastian Shaw makes a cameo as the voice of Anakin Skywalker. I will now include Episode III: Return of the Jedi in this thread. As always, feel free to criticize me, I enjoy receiving feedback and suggestions to improve my writing and storytelling.

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away
    Star Wars Episode III : Return of the Jedi

Opening crawl

Everything until Dagobah happened as it did in the film.

Luke sat in Yoda's hut on Dagobah, the former home of the Jedi Academy during the Clone Wars. As Yoda moved, he appeared frailer than when Luke had left for Bespin just months earlier.

"That face you make," said Yoda, hobbling across the floor, "Look old do I, to such young eyes?"

"No, of course not," reassured Luke, trying to mask his concern.

"Oh, but I do," laughed the little green Jedi Master, "When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not."

"Sick have I become," continued Yoda, as he got into his bed, "old and weak." Luke recoiled in horror as he listened to Yoda. He wasn't dying, was he?

"Rest I need," said the ancient Jedi, "Forever sleep."

"Master Yoda, you can't die," pleaded Luke, tucking Yoda in bed, "I need you."

Yoda sighed in exhaustion. "No more training do you require," he said, "know already, that which you need."

Luke still had to ask something, while he stil could.

"Master Yoda, did Obi Wan kill my father?" Silence. Yoda turned to face the wall.

"Yoda, I must know."

Yoda sighed reluctantly. "Killed him, Obi Wan did." He turned back to Luke, who stared out into the abyss.

"Told you, Vader did?" asked the dying master.

Luke nodded. Before he could ask why, Yoda rasped, "Luke. When gone am I, the last of the Jedi you will be. Pass on what you have learned."

As Luke took in this burden, Yoda said, his voice fading, "There is another Sky...walk...er."

As Yoda breathed his last, Luke took in yet another revelation. Another Skywalker? Who could it be? His mother had disappeared shortly after his birth, leaving him with his Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen, both now passed. Could he have a sibling somewhere?

As Luke's thoughts turned to grief, Yoda's body disappeared. With nothing left in the hut, Luke ducked outside into the Dagobah rained and headed back to his X-Wing.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    The loyal Artoo Detoo waited as Luke returned to his X Wing.
    "I can't do it Artoo," groaned Luke, sitting down on a log, "I can't go on alone." What had happened, he wondered. Had Ben turned to the dark side, or had Anakin? Was it an accident.

"Yoda will be with you always," said a familiar voice from behind. Luke turned to find the ghost of Obi Wan Kenobi, his former Jesi master and the murderer of his father.

Unable to restrain anger, Luke said, "Ben, why? You lied to me!"

"I was going to tell you when you were ready," scolded Obi Wan, sitting down next to Luke, "But you rushed off to face Vader."

"Why, Ben? Why did you do it?"

"Anakin died to save me from the darkness in myself," Obi Wan explained, "When Darth Vader turned to the dark side, your father and I went to the Imperial capital to try and turn him back. I thought a speck of humanity remained in Vader, but I was wrong."

"But how did my father really die?" Luke demanded impatiently.

"After defeating Darth Vader in lightsaber combat," replied Obi Wan, "I was prepared to deal the killing blow. I was angry, with him for betraying the Jedi, with myself for failing to train him. Anakin sensed my inner hate and refused to allow me to act on it. As I was about to strike Vader dead, Anakin jumped in front of him and took the strike."

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    "So my father died... to save Vader?" That was worse than what Luke had imagined. Whatever anyone said, the dark lord of the Sith was truly responsible for the death of Anakin Skywalker.

"He died to save me," said Obi Wan, "As I dueled Vader, I allowed my aggressive feelings to take over, and Anakin refused to allow me to act on them. He acted to stop me from turning dark like Vader, so it was my failure that caused his death."

"I have to avenge him," said Luke, "I have to kill Darth Vadet." He had known that all along, but know he had a deeper motivation. His father had died for a man who didn't deserve it.

"That is the path to the dark side," warned the old ghost, "Your abilities do you credit, but they can be made to serve the emperor."

"I can't do it," Luke grumbled, "I can't face Vader without turning to the dark side."

"Then the emperor has already won," sighed Obi Wan in defeat, "you were our only hope." This reminded Luke of something important.

"Yoda spoke of another."

"The other he spoke of is your twin sister," explained Ben Kenobi, "After your father died, your mother took your sister far away, while you stayed on Tatooine in your father's childhood home with your aunt and uncle. That is why your sister remains safely anonymous."

Luke had a deep suspicion, but he couldn't voice it. Leia couldn't be his sister, she just couldn't be!

"How do I know the good side from the bad?"

"The Jedi of the past will be there to guide you," said Obi Wan, "as will I."

Aboard the new Death Star, Darth Vader entered the throne room of his master, who was speaking to his indignitaries. "What is thy bidding, my master?" asked the Sith Lord of twenty-three years.

"Send the fleet to the far side of Endor," ordered Palpatine, "There it will stay until called for."

"And young Skywalker?"

"You will bring him before me, and I shall complete his training," said the emperor.

"As you wish, my master," replied Vader. He bowed and exited. Soon, he thought, Luke would be his apprentice and Vader would be the emperor. It was every Sith's ambition to overthrow their master.

Palpatine returned to speaking with his advisors. He, too, had his own plans. He had long sought to replace the broken Vader and Luke Skywalker was the perfect opportunity.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Han, Luke, Leia and Chewie exited light speed in front of the blockade around Kashyyk As they approached the Executor, Vader's private Super Star Destroyer, Luke had an awful feeling that the Dark Lord knew he was there.
    "I'm endangering the mission," he realized, "I shouldn't have come."

"Relax, kid," Han reassured him in his usual manner, "It's your imagination. There are lots of command ships. Let's try and keep a little optimism."

"Try to keep your distance though, Chewie," he said to the Wookiee, "but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance." Chewbacca asked how to do that.

"I don't know, fly casual."

As the stolen imperial shuttle approached the Executor, Han said into the computer, "Shuttle tyderium requesting shield deactivation."

Aboard the Executor, Admiral Piett demanded, "shuttle tyderium, transmit the clearance code for shield passage."

"Now we find out if the code is worth the price we paid," commented Leia.

On the Excecutor bridge, Darth Vader approached Piett. It was years of serving the Sith Lord that caused Piett to shiver in fear.

"Where is that shuttle going," demanded Vader.

"Shuttle tyderium," said Piett into the radio, "What is your cargo and destination?" A moment later, he said, "parts and technical crew for the shield generator on Kashyyyk."

"Do they have a code clearance?"

"It's an older code, sir, but it checks out. I was about to clear them." Piett knew he was better off telling Vader this than lying.

Vader looked out the window, into the depths of space.

"Shall I hold them?" the anxious Piett inquired.

"No, leave them to me," Vader replied, "I will deal with them myself." With that, he headed towards the command ship hangar, to return to the Death Star.

As Palpatine meditated on his throne, he sensed his apprentice behind him. He waited several more minutes before speaking, he had lost count how long exactly.

"I told you to remain on the command ship," he said, showing only a hint of the extreme rage he felt.

"A stolen Imperial shuttle has gotten through our fleet," reported Vader.

"Yes, I know," replied Palpatine casually. This was all part of his plan.

"Luke Skywalker was with them," added Vader, barely hiding the smugness in his voice.

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    For the first time since he had known the ruler, the Emperor actually looked the slightest bit surprised, as if something has happened that he had not foreseen.
    "Are you sure?" he said. How could he not sense such a strong presence.
    "I felt him," Vader replied, barely concealing his smugness. The emperor had just shown his vulnerability, that he was not immune to higher power. Vader on the other hand, had a stronger connection to the boy, both of them having learned from Obi Wan Kenobi.
    "Patience, my friend," Palpatine said, determined to undo his moment of weakness, "In time, he will seek you out." This, at least, the emperor could sense.

"He will come to me?" questioned the black-armored Sith.

"I have foreseen it," replied the ancient, deformed Emperor, "His desire for revenge will be his undoing. You will bring him before me and together we will complete his training." I will complete his training, and you will be cast aside, you worthless piece of metal, Palpatine thought to himself.

"Yes, my master," Vader replied, bowing. He exited the throne room. He sensed victory ahead, the death of Emperor Palpatine. He sensed that he would very soon become the ultimate master of the force. But he sensed something else ahead, something he couldn't quite place.

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    (Sorry I was gone so long! Well, I'm back now and I will post more often. After the last scene, everything in this story happened as in the film, except the Ewoks were Wookiees and they let the rebels go once Chewbacca addressed them. And also, I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist replacing the Ewoks with the Wookiees.)

As the Rebels and Wookiees formed a battle plan, high in the forest, Luke stood on a balcony alone, gazing into the Kashyyyk darkness. He sensed Leia come up behind him.

"Luke?" asked Leia. "What is it?"

"Do you remember your mother, Leia?" asked Luke, "Your real mother?"
    Leia didn't know why Luke would ask that now, but she thought back as far as she could. Her earliest memory was of Alderaan, but as she thought farther back, she could remember... a desert, far away.

"Just images, really, feelings." she replied.

"Tell me." Luke had to know the truth, had to confirm his worst suspicions. He hoped against hope that Leia wasn't his sister, how could he feel that way towards her.

"She was... kind and beautiful, but sad," said Leia. That makes sense, thought Luke, my father had just died.
    Our father.

"I never knew my mother," Luke replied sadly. Why was that bothering him now, Leia wondered.

"Luke, tell me what's troubling you."

"Vader is here," replied Luke, "Now, on this planet. I have to face him."

"Why?" demanded Leia, "If he can feel your presence, then leave this place!"

Thet was no getting around it. "He killed my father."

"Your father?" Leia gasped.

"Yes, and there's more. It won't be easy for you to hear, but you must. If I don't come back, you're the only hope the galaxy has left."

"Luke, don't talk that way!" Leia pleaded, "You have a power that I don't understand, that I could never have!" She couldn't stand the thought of losing Luke alone, made worse by the idea that only she could defeat Vader if Luke failed.

"No, you have that power too," Luke explained gently, "and in time, you'll learn to use it as I have.

"The force runs strong in my family. I have it, my father had it, and my sister has it." Luke looked into Leia's eyes as she took in the meaning of his words.

"Yes, it's you Leia," Luke said, "You're my sister. You have the force."

Tears came to Leia's eyes. "But why must you confront him?" Luke thought about this. In the end, there was only one reason.

"Because he killed Father," he said, "I have to avenge him. Only then can the galaxy be free."

Leia buried herself into Luke's arms. She couldn't tell him that revenge was not the answer, not when she badly wanted revenge for the destruction of her civilization.

"Goodbye, Leia," Luke said in what could have been their final farewell. He released himself from her embrace and began hiking down the walkway.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    (I am skipping the love triangle scene, but it still happened)

The armored Darth Vader waited outside the shield generator all night. He knew Luke could sense his presence, and as he felt the boy approaching, he could sense victory. He sensed that today would be Emperor Palaptine's last, he could visualize the cloaked, hooded figure laying dead on his throne room floor aboard the Death Star, a lightsaber through his back.

At last, Luke emerged from the Kashyyyk forest, anger surging through him.

"The emperor has been expecting you," teased Vader, drawing his lightsaber.

"I know, Vader," Skywalker replied, instantly igniting his green blade. Vader activated his own saber, revealing a red blade of hell.

"You cannot possibly think you can beat me," Vader said. Before Luke could attack, the generator doors opened. Hundreds upon hundreds of stormtroopers flooded out, aiming their blasters at the young Jedi. Behind Luke, two ATSTs approached from the dark Kashyyk forest. It was a trap.

"You cannot escape," Vader stated, "Nor can your rebel friends." I'm sorry, Leia, Luke thought. The emperor had somehow known about the rebel plan to destroy the generator on Kashyyyk, and about the attack on the Death Star. Now, the mission was doomed.

"The only way you can save them is to come with me," said Vader. Luke looked around, looking for a way out. He desperately tried to warn Leia via their force bond, but he knew Vader was blocking his connection to her.

Seeing no other solution, Luke deactivated his blade, clipping it back onto his belt. Vader led him into the elevator going up to the landing pad, where an imperial shuttle awaited to bring them to the Death Star.

As the two warriors flew up to the battle station, Vader said, "Luke, it is not too late to accept my offer Join me, and we can overthrow the Emperor."

"You murdered my father and Ben!" Luke snarled, chained to the floor of the cargo hold, "Why would I join you?"

"Because it's me or Palpatine," Vader replied calculatingly, "Even if you slay me, you aren't nearly strong enough to face him." Luke knew this was true, but refused to consider Vader's words.

"Only together will we stand a chance to defeat the Dark lord of the Sith," continued Vader, "and we can end this conflict."

Perhaps it was a trick of the dark side, but Luke actually found himself thinking of accepting Vader's offer. True, Vader was his mortal enemy, but he was offering Luke possibly his only chance to defeat the emperor and end his authoritarian rule.

"I'm never joining the dark side," Luke said. That, at least, he knew for sure.

"None of that matters now," replied Vader as the shuttle approached the Death Star's docking bay, "All that matters is the end of Palpatine."

Luke considered. Without Palpatine, Vader would become the emperor. Luke could try and kill Vader after the emperor was dead, but he wasn't sure if he'd still be able to resist the dark side at that point. But then, if he killed Vader, out of revenge, he would be betraying the teachings of Yoda and Ben, as well as the legacy of his own father. Anakin Skywalker had died to stop Obi Wan from giving in to his anger, and Luke was going to do the same thing. Finally he decided, if it meant defeating the Empire, he was fine with deviating from the Jedi code just a little.

"We can assassinate the emperor," said Luke, "and then we'll duel to the death."

"If you insist," said Vader as the door to the cargo hold opened. They had landed on the Death Star. There was no turning back. Luke had just made an alliance with Vader, a Sith Lord. Would this be the end of his Jedi path?

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    The Emperor watched as Vader and Luke entered his throne room. He sensed a great amount of fear in the room. It pleases him greatly.

"Welcome, young Skywalker," he said casually, "I have been expecting you." The young man scowled back at him. Oddly, none of the fear Palplatine sensed came from Luke Skywalker. Vader remained expressionless with his mask. Palpatine sensed some fear in his old apprentice, but he sensed more nearby from another.

"Guards, leave us," Palpatine commanded. His red-robed guards obeyed.

"You'll no longer need those," the old dictator said, using the force to remove Luke's handcuffs. The deformed, hooded emperor stood from his throne and walked towards Vader and Luke.

Instantly, Luke and Vader ignited their lightsabers. Vader used the force to grab Palpatine and pin him down on his throne.

"Your time is at an end, old man," he crowed, "it is time for a new generation to rule." Luke looked at Vader uncertainly, still not completely sure whether to attack at that moment. Vader paid no attention. He walked towards Palpatine, lightsaber raised.

"With my new apprentice," Vader said triumphantly, "I shall rule the galaxy and you will be completely forgotten." Palptine merely stared emotionlessly with his yellow eyes.

"I knew it would come to this," the emperor declared, "and I must say I have been looking forward to it.

In space, the rebel fleet prepared to attack the Death Star. General Lando Calrissian piloted the Millenium Falcon, Nien Numb at his side.

"Gold leader, this is Rogue Leader," Wedge Antilles said over the radio, "We're starting in attack position."

"Good, follow my lead," Lando replied. He was fairly new to this war business, but knew all about risks. As the fleet approached the Death Star hovering over Kashyyyk, Lando could very clearly see a small fleet of Star Destroyers ahead.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Palpatine reached out with the force, lifting both Vader and Luke. Both Jedi and Sith struggled against the emperor's Force-grip as he crushed the life out of them. As Luke gasped for breath, he thought, I've failed you, Obi Wan. I agreed to join Darth Vader and I faced the emperor too soon. But then, Vader used the force to pull Palpatine out of his throne and onto the floor.

Lime and Vader were released from the hold and dropped to the floor. Vader raised his lightsaber and advanced as Luke held back. He decided to allow the dark-side users to kill each other off and deal with what was left. Darkness would only further create darkness.

Palpatine summoned a pillar from the entrance and sent it at Vader. The armored Sith jumped out of the way as the pillar drove through the wall. Luke ducked to avoid it.

As Palpatine turned on Luke, Vader cut at him with his red blade, slashing through the emperor's shoulder. The frail man fell onto his knees. Darth Vader stood over his fallen master. This was the moment he had been waiting for his whole life. He had finally achieved mastery. Now, nothing stood in Vader's way of absolute power.

"Luke," the dark lord summoned, "Deal the final blow. Fulfil your destiny and give in to the dark side." Without hesitation, Luke obeyed, stepping towsrds Palpatine with his lightsaber ready to behead him.

"Use your aggressive feelings," encouraged Vader, "Strike him down and take your place at my side."

Luke looked at the emperor, then back at Vader. He imagined killing the emperor, then striking down Vader. But then, then he would become Vader. He killed my father, Luke thought, that justifies my killing him.

Luke, the voice of Obi Wan spoke in his mind, do not give in to your hate. Do not choose the quick and easy path.

But the quick and easy path stood right in front of him. Ignoring Obi Wan's advice, Luke lunged at Darth Vader, who instantly parried. Luke advanced on his opposed so aggressively, Vader was forced to retreat down the steps of the throne room. As Luke advanced, neither of them noticed Palpatine as he got to his feet and cackled wildly as he observed the duel.

Luke again met Vader's saber, and this time was forced backwards.

"The force may, be strong with you, young Skywalker," taunted Vader, "but you are not a master. You are just a boy."

"My powers have doubled since we last met," retorted Luke, kicking Darth square in the chest. The Sith Lord tumbled back, as Luke leaped onto a walkway above.

Vader circled the walkway, lightsaber raised to attack. He felt the fear and anger in Skywalker, just like he had felt in Obi Wan, Anakin, and in Palpatine just earlier.

"Good," replied Vader, "twice the pride, double the fall." He threw his active lightsaber at Luke, who ducked out of sight as the gantry above collapsed.

"You cannot hide forever, Luke," Vader said, circling the area, searching for the boy's presence, "your thoughts betray you." This would lure young Skywalker out of hiding.

Luke hid in the shadows, trying not to let Vader get into his head. He was failing miserably.

"Your feelings for your friends are strong," Vader said, "especially for...sister!" Vader knew he had struck a nerve. "You have a twin sister! If you will not turn to the dark side, perhaps she will." Perhaps Vader did not need Luke alive after all, if there was another, possibly more powerful, child of Anakin Skywalker.

This was too much for Luke. If both he and Leia failed, the galaxy was doomed, as was the force and Jedi OrderZ

"Never!" he shrieked, reigniting his green lightsaber and springing at Vader. He took the villain by surprise, sending Vader on his back. Like struck continuously at Vader, who had to crawl away as he blocked each attack. Finally, Vader was worn out and Luke cut through his wrist, disarming him. Vader's hand and lightsaber fell down the command bride.

Palpatine applauded Luke as he approached.

"Good, good," he said hoarsely, "Kill him."

Luke raised his weapon, ready to end the helpless Vader's life. Vader stared back through his mask. Luke sensed hatred in Vader, and realized that he felt hate in himself as well.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Luke prepared to strike down Darth Vader. As the hate flowed through him, Luke swung his blade towards Vader's helmet, but froze. Something was holding him back. He thought back to his training with Yoda on Dagobah, when the ancient Jedi Master had said, "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." He looked through Vader's mask and remembered his story. Vader had felt a pull to the dark side very early on, and it had consumed him. Luke decided his fate did not rest with the dark side, even if it meant death.

"Never," he said, "I am a Jedi like my father before me, and I'll never turn to the dark side." He deactivated his lightsaber and tossed it aside. He only needed his weapon for defense, and the frail emperor certainly posed no threat.
    "You've failed, your highness."

In that moment, Darth Vader realized exactly how powerful Luke Skywalker really was. He was able to resist the dark side, he had succeeded where Vader had failed. In this regard, Luke was much stronger than Vader had ever been.

The emperor scowled back at Luke.

"So be it, Jedi," he sneered, "If you cannot be turned, you will be destroyed." Before Luke could reach, Palpatine was firing blue lightning out of his hands, sending Luke to the floor. Luke twitched and screamed as the dark side energy surged through his body. Yoda, Obi Wan, Father. Please help me, he prayed.

"Young fool," mocked the emperor, grinning at Luke through his hood, "Only now, at the end, do you understand." Imdeed, as Palpatine continued to electrocute his victim, Luke realized that his training, his struggles and conquests, had all been for nothing, because the dark side was indeed more powerful.
    No amount of Jedi training could save him, nor could his old masters. Leia may have died on Kashyyyk, killed by the large battalion waiting at the shield generator. There was no hope.

Palpatine stood over Luke triumphantly. It was all over, and he knew it. Luke lay lifeless on the ground, too weak to move, let alone run. The energy had all but left his body.

"Now young Skywalker," gloated Emperor Palpatine, Dark Lord of the Sith, "you will die." And he unleashed yet another bolt of lightning, tearing into Luke's organs. Just as Luke prepared for the end, he heard a lightsaber ignite. The lightning instantly ceased as Palpatine collapsed and tumbled down the stairs. Summoning the strength to look up, he saw Leia, his beloved sister, holding his own lightsaber.
    Luke knew he should never have underestimated her. Indeed Leia was the galaxy's last hope, and she had come through when Luke had failed and done her duty. She would indeed be a great Jedi someday.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Leia ran to Luke and helped him up, deactivating the lightsaber.
    "Luke are you all right?"
    "I'll live," replied Luke, "How did you get up here?" He held his sister in a warm embrace
    "I sensed you were in danger," Leia said.
    "What about the stormtroopers?"
    "We don't have much time," replied Leia. Seeing that Luke was too weak to walk, she wrapped an arm around him and helped him out of the throne room. Darth Vader watched them leave. All he could do was hope they didn't make it. All his plans, to take Luke as his apprentice, to take over the Empire, had all been reduced to nothing, as had he.

Luke and Leia hurried to the shuttle that Vader had delivered Luke with. Stormtroopers scattered nearby, searching for transport to escape. The rebel fleet was closing in. The brother and sister wasted no time in getting into the transport and taking off.

Han Solo anxiously looked up at what was left of the Death Star as he and Chewie rounded up the last of the stormtroopers. The mission has been successful, but Leia and Luke may have died. Suddenly he found himself wishing the rebel fleet had failed. No, that was dumb, there was a good chance Luke and Leia were alive. Although he didn't have the force, he could still feel it.

That night, there was a celebration on the Kashyyyk forest floor. Wookiees played music as soldiers danced around a bonfire.. Only Han, Chewie, the droids, and Lando stood off to the side, anxiously waiting for their friends. All this, their victory, could be meaningless if Luke and Leia had died.

At last, the Jedi siblings emerged from the darkness and embraced their friends.

As Han looked into Leia's eyes, he said, "You love him, don't you?" He decided he could live with it.

"Yes, of course," replied Leia.

"I understand," said Han sadly, "I won't get in the way."

Leia understood what he meant. "No, it's not like that at all. He's my brother." Han could have destroyed a thousand generators.

Luke walked away from the party into the woods. He saw a glowing figure in the distance.

"Well done, Luke," smiled Obi Wan Kenobi. He stopped glowing and merely appeared as a living being.

"Ben!" Luke could not resist hugging his old friend.

"Succeeded you have," Yoda said from behind Luke, "Stopped the horrors of the empire."
    "No, it was Leia," replied Luke, "I couldn't stop the emperor."

"You turned away from the dark side," said a voice behind Luke, "That shows the mark of a truly powerful Jedi Knight. Luke whipped around, hardly daring to believe it. Anakin Skywalker was alive.

"Father?"

"Yes my son," Anakin said, "We have returned from the netherworld of the force." Anakin Skywalker was balding, and wore a Jedi robe like Obi Wan's.

"I don't know what to say," Luke stammered, "You... all here."

"Need to speak, you do not," replied Yoda, "Celebrate, you should."

The four of them headed back to the celebration. Han was dancing with Leia, who looked to see the newcomers arriving. Anakin saw Leia and smiled at her. Leia instantly knew who he was and returned his loving gaze. Father, son and daughter were reunited.

"I hope they become as good Jedi as you, Obi Wan," remarked Anakin.

"No Anakin," Obi Wan replied, "You succeeded where I failed. You are a true Jedi Master

Suddenly, Obi Wan could not resist any more. He embraced Anakin and cried like he had not in years.

"Oh, my old friend, I'm so sorry," he cried.
    "Please don't cry, Obi Wan," whispered Anakin, "We're here now, to witness the galaxy's freedom. As you once told me, be mindful of the present."

Obi Wan gazed into Anakin's eyes. He remembered training Anakin as a boy and thought of how far he had come.

"You are the greatest Jedi of all time," declared Obi Wan, "Your children will follow in your footsteps."

The celebration went long into the night. Long live the republic.

Music in credits: Force Theme, The Emperor's Theme, Luke and Leia's Theme

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I hope you guys liked my latest story. I'm always open to feedback, suggestions and criticism. Next, I will focus on the prequel era.

Iron_lord likes this.