main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Star Wars Episode III - Midnight Screening - Hoyts Carousl

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Master_Kaustin, Feb 8, 2005.

?

Star Wars Episode III - Midnight Screening - Hoyts Carousl

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Yay for finally getting the cinema confirmed. Here's hoping they won't try and jack up the prices on us or something like that. After how long they've been keeping you waiting just for the confirmation of the cinema they should be giving you a discount. :)

2. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey,

The uptake on the tickets have been great!.... going quickly! haha :p

Will post more info when i presents itself!

Darran

3. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Oh forgot to say, people who have tickets will be emailed back as soon as they get added to my spreadsheet..

if your on the spreadsheet and you get an email from me.. you have tickets :)

YAY!

4. Jayster

Jayster Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    HEY HEY i'm back!!!

Josh that is, you may remember me from such posts and fan films as The Republican and The Unbeliever? ahh well.

Cant wait for EP3 its gona be huge.

Though i'm really hating spoilers.

Well i'll be hanging round this time hope to get into some filming.

Cya's soon

Josh

P.S If anyone can remember my old addy let me know.

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Just booked and payed for my ticket for the Fox studios screening.

Yay

:)

6. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Any news on the pricing of the tickets yet? For both La Prem and general seating.

7. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Ive got pricing, but Im going to dispute it! as i think its a bit steep compared to other premiere prices.. :)

Ill get back to everyone soon

8. Jayster

Jayster Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Please let us know soon as some of us are getting edgy, i mean being so excited :D Cant wait to get my tickets cant wait at all.

Out of interest how steep is steep :S???

Josh

9. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    was curious to know too..

10. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Okay,

Ticket Prices... Have confirmed with Hoyts Carousel..

General Seating - $16.50
    La Premiere - $31.50

:)

And it is for the 12.01am Screening, in Cinema 2 :) So its a nice big one!

11. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Steep indeed but I guess the price is market driven. If you can't get them to knock it down I'm sure you'll still pack the cinema.

12. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Yeah it is a bit steep and i did question her on it, but she basically said that ticket prices aint determined by Head office in NSW anymore or something, and that Carousel is now hoyts main cinema, so the prices are a bit higher.. there only higher for the premiere viewings...

but what can ya do !... I wanna see Episode III there.. I want to sit in comfort.. and I dont wanna wait in line for hours to get in ...

Im just happy they gave me a cinema! and the experience of being there with all the fans on and off the boards will always be remembered :p aww! hehe..

I did want the prices cheaper, i sorta feel like im ripping people off, but I just wanna tell everyone, im making no money at all doing this... im doing all of this in my own time.. and spending my own money to get it started..

:) Oh wat a nice happy bunch!

13. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Your doing a great job dude and I'm sure everyone will appreciate all your hard work.

As for the prices, when I saw Ep2 the prices were $12 a ticket and now for Ep3 they are $14.50 I think.

Still pretty good I guess.

14. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    I would have liked them alot cheaper! and i tryed, but meh! its the last starwars! hehe iw ould prolly pay like $50 to see it... :)

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    What's a couple of bucks extra considering the time, effort (and in some cases) money that a lot of people will surely be putting in to things like costumes!

16. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    exactly :) it's more then worth the money

17. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    OKay,

Alot of tickets have been sold, I have emailed everyone back who has a booking so far :) If you havent received a email.. then just email me on darranprice@iinet.net.au <--- and ill have a look into it

Thanks all! :) Going off!

18. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    How on earth do you figure that to be worth the money?? :p Hoyts are taking advantage of people who want to see the premiere at 12, that's all there is to it. Personally I think ticket prices are starting to border on the ridiculous. No wonder cinemas are closing everywhere.

19. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well it's reached the point where I only ever go to the cinema on special occasions like this or an occasional treat for the kids (meaning I rarely go for anything other than kids films). For pretty much everything else, I just wait for the DVD release.

20. Jayd

Aug 30, 2001
    I'm feeling myself drawn in the same direction, soneil. :/ I love going to the cinema, but now that I can't get student concession I'm just going to have to cut down. I simply can't afford to go all the time anymore!

21. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    go on tuesday's whenever you can, or the cheaper cinema's in the city of fremantle. that's what i try and do, it's the easier way of getting to the good movies at a much fairer price.

22. Jayd

Aug 30, 2001
    I work during the week though, and live a long way from Freo. So it's a little difficult.

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I've directed a lot of friends to the bookings page. So if you get a lot of bookings from complete strangers...

24. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Yeah soneil ! ive had a few over teh past couple of days! hehe bookings are going off!....

Im organising a meet in a couple of weeks were people can come and pay me some money! :p ill give them a receipt and then they will be able to get there tickets the weekend before the premiere.!!!

Soneil i know your in Kal i think, so we can organise something :)

25. __Azrael__

__Azrael__ Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Haha, so coming. Probably in cosplay... not sure who as...

I have a nasty feeling I'm the youngest person coming though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.