1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:WA Star Wars Episode III - Midnight Screening - Hoyts Carousl

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Master_Kaustin, Feb 8, 2005.

?

Star Wars Episode III - Midnight Screening - Hoyts Carousl

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Yes 12 vote(s) 92.3%
No 1 vote(s) 7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay for finally getting the cinema confirmed. Here's hoping they won't try and jack up the prices on us or something like that. After how long they've been keeping you waiting just for the confirmation of the cinema they should be giving you a discount. :)
  2. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey,

The uptake on the tickets have been great!.... going quickly! haha :p

Will post more info when i presents itself!

Darran
  3. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh forgot to say, people who have tickets will be emailed back as soon as they get added to my spreadsheet..

if your on the spreadsheet and you get an email from me.. you have tickets :)

YAY!
  4. Jayster Jedi Padawan

HEY HEY i'm back!!!

Josh that is, you may remember me from such posts and fan films as The Republican and The Unbeliever? ahh well.

Cant wait for EP3 its gona be huge.

Though i'm really hating spoilers.

Well i'll be hanging round this time hope to get into some filming.

Cya's soon

Josh

P.S If anyone can remember my old addy let me know.
  5. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Just booked and payed for my ticket for the Fox studios screening.

Yay

:)
  6. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Any news on the pricing of the tickets yet? For both La Prem and general seating.
  7. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ive got pricing, but Im going to dispute it! as i think its a bit steep compared to other premiere prices.. :)

Ill get back to everyone soon
  8. Jayster Jedi Padawan

Please let us know soon as some of us are getting edgy, i mean being so excited :D Cant wait to get my tickets cant wait at all.

Out of interest how steep is steep :S???

Josh
  9. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    was curious to know too..
  10. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay,

Ticket Prices... Have confirmed with Hoyts Carousel..

General Seating - $16.50
    La Premiere - $31.50

:)

And it is for the 12.01am Screening, in Cinema 2 :) So its a nice big one!
  11. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Steep indeed but I guess the price is market driven. If you can't get them to knock it down I'm sure you'll still pack the cinema.
  12. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah it is a bit steep and i did question her on it, but she basically said that ticket prices aint determined by Head office in NSW anymore or something, and that Carousel is now hoyts main cinema, so the prices are a bit higher.. there only higher for the premiere viewings...

but what can ya do !... I wanna see Episode III there.. I want to sit in comfort.. and I dont wanna wait in line for hours to get in ...

Im just happy they gave me a cinema! and the experience of being there with all the fans on and off the boards will always be remembered :p aww! hehe..

I did want the prices cheaper, i sorta feel like im ripping people off, but I just wanna tell everyone, im making no money at all doing this... im doing all of this in my own time.. and spending my own money to get it started..

:) Oh wat a nice happy bunch!
  13. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Your doing a great job dude and I'm sure everyone will appreciate all your hard work.

As for the prices, when I saw Ep2 the prices were $12 a ticket and now for Ep3 they are $14.50 I think.

Still pretty good I guess.
  14. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would have liked them alot cheaper! and i tryed, but meh! its the last starwars! hehe iw ould prolly pay like $50 to see it... :)
  15. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    What's a couple of bucks extra considering the time, effort (and in some cases) money that a lot of people will surely be putting in to things like costumes!
  16. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    exactly :) it's more then worth the money
  17. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    OKay,

Alot of tickets have been sold, I have emailed everyone back who has a booking so far :) If you havent received a email.. then just email me on darranprice@iinet.net.au <--- and ill have a look into it

Thanks all! :) Going off!
  18. Jayd Jedi Knight

star 3
    How on earth do you figure that to be worth the money?? :p Hoyts are taking advantage of people who want to see the premiere at 12, that's all there is to it. Personally I think ticket prices are starting to border on the ridiculous. No wonder cinemas are closing everywhere.
  19. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Well it's reached the point where I only ever go to the cinema on special occasions like this or an occasional treat for the kids (meaning I rarely go for anything other than kids films). For pretty much everything else, I just wait for the DVD release.
  20. Jayd Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm feeling myself drawn in the same direction, soneil. :/ I love going to the cinema, but now that I can't get student concession I'm just going to have to cut down. I simply can't afford to go all the time anymore!
  21. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    go on tuesday's whenever you can, or the cheaper cinema's in the city of fremantle. that's what i try and do, it's the easier way of getting to the good movies at a much fairer price.
  22. Jayd Jedi Knight

star 3
    I work during the week though, and live a long way from Freo. So it's a little difficult.
  23. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I've directed a lot of friends to the bookings page. So if you get a lot of bookings from complete strangers...
  24. Master_Kaustin Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah soneil ! ive had a few over teh past couple of days! hehe bookings are going off!....

Im organising a meet in a couple of weeks were people can come and pay me some money! :p ill give them a receipt and then they will be able to get there tickets the weekend before the premiere.!!!

Soneil i know your in Kal i think, so we can organise something :)
  25. __Azrael__ Jedi Padawan

Haha, so coming. Probably in cosplay... not sure who as...

I have a nasty feeling I'm the youngest person coming though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.