main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Star Wars Episode III rated PG-13

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Master_Jedi_Scott, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jedi_Scott

Master_Jedi_Scott Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Hi everyone, this came over my news desk today and I wanted to share this with you all:

STAR WARS EPISODE III RATED PG-13

The Force lands in theaters a bit more forcefully in the final installment of George Lucas "Star Wars" tale.

"Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" is the first "Star Wars" tale to receive a PG-13 rating. The movie was screened for reporters Tuesday night at Lucas' Skywalker Ranch, and the PG-13 rating -- "for sci-fi violence and some intense images" -- is well-deserved.

The action is relentless and includes sequences more dark and disturbing than anything previously seen in the tragic Skywalker soap opera.

Young Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) completes his transformation into blackhearted villain Darth Vader with a bloodbath against old allies, the body count including a corridor (edited for spoiler....sorry)

Anakin is left gruesomely mutilated in a death duel with former mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor). His surgical reclamation as the part-flesh, part-machine Vader is chillingly.

The previous five "Star Wars" movies all were rated PG, which carry the mild warning "parental guidance suggested," and that some scenes might be unsuitable for children. The PG-13 rating carries the alert "parents strongly cautioned" that some material could be inappropriate for those younger than 13.

"We're getting a lot of flak from parents, a lot of people saying how can you do this? My children love these movies. Why can you not let them go see it?" Lucas told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "But I have to tell a story. I'm not making these, oddly enough, to be giant, successful blockbusters. I'm making them because I'm telling a story, and I have to tell the story I intended."

Of course, the PG-13 rating does not prohibit children under 13 from seeing the film without an adult tagging along. And while it's not likely to make much of a dent in the movie's certain blockbuster status, the rating could give some parents pause.

"These are pretty intense. Who should be allowed to see them should be left up to the parents, but at least they're warned that it's pretty intense," Lucas said. "And obviously, that's not a good business move."

2. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    Hey Scott, were you at the Bi Lo yesterday during the 102.1 radio show?

3. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I don't know if you are aware of this, but I am trying to steer clear of any potential spoilers about the upcoming movie. I have been informed that this article contains such spoilers, so please note that on your post so that other folks will know to avoid it's content if they wish.

Just add *Article below may contain spoilers* or something of that nature and all will be well. :)

4. Master_Jedi_Scott

Master_Jedi_Scott Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    My queen, I work for a station on the mountain so nahhhh that wasn't me.

Jar Jar, I did edit the story for snips that I thought no one was aware of in the movie. But you are absolutely right, that should have been added to the title.

13 days and counting...."I scence a disturbance in the force"

5. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Most fans are spoiled rotten for this movie because so much of the plot is already known. Like everyone else I also know all of the big stuff, but in order to avoid knowing any more I read the non-spoiler forums here to get my movie information along with warnings about anything that I might want to steer clear of between now and the 19th. So far it has served me well, so I can't complain.

PG-13 huh? Is it just me or does anyone else think that it is a bit fitting? I mean, Temple of Doom (my favorite Indy flick) brought about the PG-13 rating in the first place, so it's kind of neat that the last Star Wars film should get it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.