main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith premiere Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    OK, It's getting to be the last minute procrastinating time to organize a premiere event for the Midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith.... so let's start discussing it.

Which Theater are we gonna talk to about doing something with. I was thinking about the newest theater in High Point. It's kinda between High Point and Greensboro off Wendover I think. I thought it may be a good central location for other locals. I mentioned the idea of this theater on the 501st boards and am waiting for some responses.

Who wants to be the PR person to the theater manager?

2. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I thought we we're talking about the Wynsong?

Better question.

Which theater do we know for sure will have the midnight showing?

3. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Keep me posted, I will probably come hang out with you guys for the premiere. I heard that some places will start selling tickets next week.

4. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I'll call but, I thought maybe at the Palladium we might could draw more of a 501st presence than at Wynsong. I'll ask more people and call the 2 theaters.

Chris, did you use your decals or did the guy that put your helmet together put them on and you still have the ones with the kit? need to know asap.

5. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Me and my girlfriend went to see a movie at The Grande theater in Greensboro yesterday and they had a big sign out front saying Star Wars ROTS tickets are NOW on sale! I asked to see if they are having a midnight showing and if there are tickets left and I was told yes to both questions. I didnt buy any yet because I wanted to wait and see where everyone else is going.

6. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I'll contact Wynsong today.

7. Jedi_Power_GV

Jedi_Power_GV Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    I called the Wynnsong 12 and they said that it would be a while before they start selling advanced tickets to ROTS. They do not even have it listed in their computers! I would be happy to come to the Grande being I can buy tickets now and not have to take a whole day off to wait in line just to get tickets. Thoughts?

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Well I'm trying to get a 501st presence with a FF presence as well. Acouple of our FF people wont go any where other than Wynsong because of work the next day.

9. Jedi_Power_GV

Dec 17, 2004
    I called Carmike 10 on Reynolda and they will not sell tickets until the day of the movie. No help there!

10. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    well, my decision is made.
    and so are the 56 other people i've facillitated tickets for over the past couple of days.
    palladium.
    tickets in hand.
    party starts tuesday may 17th around 7 p.m.

11. Jedi_Power_GV

Dec 17, 2004
    Wynnsong is selling tickets now!!!!! They have sold 6 so far for midnight and it will be advertised in the paper tomorrow! Get them quick!

12. Jedi_Power_GV

Dec 17, 2004
    I got the 12:01 midnight show and the 3:50 in the afternoon show tickets. Cool!

13. LDS_Abinadi

LDS_Abinadi Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    I didn't have access to a computer this weekend to let everyone know, but it looks like it got out anyway.

Kent Bates of News 2 is a friend of mine and he let me know that they were on sale at the Grande (Consolidated Theaters), so I called the Palladium (also Consolidated Theaters), (sp?) in High Point Friday evening (4.22) and they said they were also selling them. I went and bought 15 tickets for the midnight show for me and various friends as well as a few extras in case someone I knew wanted to go. As I was talking to the counter-person, they said that the midnight show was already almost sold out! One month in advance! On top of that they had no signs and said that they had not even advertised it yet. That floored me.

So, if you guys are going to the Palladium, I'll see you there.

14. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    Sounds like the Palladium is the way of the Sith!

What do you think Spooky???

15. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    The Dawg and I have tickets to the Palladium. I'll be in my TK armor and I think the dog will either be sith (or dare say it) jedi'ed out.

How many other TK's can we get here? Padawan311, you in?

So how's showin up in 7:00 in costume? Should we try and set up some tables for games and what not? Let's discuss.

16. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    We should go have some beer before hand!!!

I shall be the Jedi that has just turned to the darkside. That is......If I can borrow your cloak?

PLEASE!!!!

17. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Count me in, I will get me a ticket right away. Man, I cant wait!!!

Where is the Paladium located, I have never been there. Can someone give me the address or directions please.

18. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    I'd be up for getting there early. I know my wife and kids want to come but it will have to be later. It might be a good chance for us to meet.

Question: Not having taken my family to a midnight showing before, do people frown on reserving spaces in line for family members, i.e. wife and kids? No way my 3, 5, and 8 year old will last 5 hours before the movie starts.

BTW - I plan on being jedi'ed out myself.

19. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    The palladium in High Point is located right off Hwy 68 and Wendover. You can access it from either road. From Hwy 68 coming towards High Point it will be on the left. Turn left at the McDonalds, one light (I think) before you get to the intersection of Hwy 68 and Wendover/Skeet Club Road. Hope that helps.

20. Jedi_Power_GV

Dec 17, 2004
    I thought everyone had to go to the Wynnsong because of work? I would have gone to High Point had I known otherwise. I guess I will have to see it all by myself. That sucks!!!

21. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Maybe you can go get a ticket at the Palladium and sell the one you have for the wynsong.

So that's atleast 2 troopers, I'll see how many there will be from the 501st boards. We need a Vader!

22. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I'll ask Shane, maybe he can some as a trooper or as Boba Fett, he has both.

23. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Just got my ticket online for the midnight show at the Palladium. Thanks for the directions, sounds easy to find, much closer to my Apt. in Greensboro than I thought.

24. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Maybe Shane could come as Boba. That would be 5 troopers and a Boba. I wish we could get a Vader also. [face_praying]

25. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    You will have a vader. Me, if you let me borrow that cloak. I shall be Vader prior to the crispy life style.
    Got my boots on the way. Putting together my outfit and ordered a shirt for it today. And I already have the episode 3 Anakin FX. Just need the cloak!

Help a sith apprentice out my master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.