main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith premiere Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Alrighty LDS, see ya tomorrow. I mean today. :D

edit

I'm still wondering what would be the best way to organize some trivia contests.

2. Jedi_Power_GV

Jedi_Power_GV Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    Spooky:

I heard about you and the group being at the Paladium in High Point on the Chris and Chris show on Rock 92 this morning. He said you had 2 Darth's and a Boba Fett coming, along with various othe characters. He was still not ready to join the Fan Force yet he said. Good stuff and a great plug!

Maybe I will see a few of you at the Wynnsong tonight!

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Tie Pilot74 will be there at that location. I don't think he's gonna be dressed up in his Tie Pilot costume though. I'll e-mail him and ask him.

edit: I'm not sure on the 2 Vaders but, definetly one.

4. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    It was cool meeting everyone I hadn't previously met last night. LDS and Vinne. Sorry about your luck at trivia Vinnie. Brent told me about it on the way home.

LDS, you seem fairly cool to be a lightsider. Don't tell the Emperor I said that.

The 501st presence was awesome.

I'll post my opinion of the movie later when I have more time.

Stardog, let's get some of those pics up.... as soon as your computer situation is taken care of.

Chris, Can't wait till Saturday. I may have a extra person to carpool with us if you still wanna do that.

5. LDS_Abinadi

LDS_Abinadi Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2004
    I enjoyed hanging out with you guys last night. I had a blast. I think I got almost as much out of the kids being so excited about the costumes as I did the movie.

I also thought you guys were cool for darksiders. Like Sidious said, it is all a matter of perspective... :)

Catch you guys soon, maybe a lunch or one of the future trips to see the film again so I can catch some of the stuff I missed.

6. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    IT was awesome to finally meet all you guys. I thought we had a really great time. LDS!! I saw you on Fox 8 last night talking about your costume. I actually saw us all on there but I thought it was cool that they actually got you speaking. My Wife taped it for me last night. I'll try and get those pictures to you soon. Is it alright if I just burn them on a CD? Just let me know. They got Vink talking it up on there too!

Padawan and Spooky I know they got you guys too. But your costumes don't give much away.

And the Dog scored the front page of the Guilford edition news and record!!! WOW!!!!!!!

The darkside was strong last night indeed.

Secret Sith Society in SW Insider, on TV and in the news paper!

We had our Revenge....

7. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    man. what a great time. i'm in a hurry, so this'll be quick.

but guys, you all ROCK! well, at least those i met.

LDS, you definately had the best jedi costume, IMO.

Best prop award goes to Stardog for that SWEET glove.

And Spooky, you really were one of the best looking troops out there, imo. I kept thinking about some of the guys what Leia said, of course, "Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?" And not that I'm in anything CLOSE to good shape, but I was also thinking, "Aren't you a little round for a stormtrooper?" of some of the guys.

i saw the movie a 2nd time at 11:30 after another camp-out at the theater. loved it even more than the first.

peace out for now.

8. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    As for the pics, you've done me a huge favor already so whatever is easiest for you that would be great and thanks again. My wife showed up later with a digital camera and forgot to charge the battery! Without you guys, I'd have nothing to show for it...

FYI - THe 501st is going to be at Concord Mills on Saturday (Shopping center close to Bass Pro off 85) and they invited me to dress up and join them. I am positive they would want stardog and spooky to join them so I thought I would pass this along in case you were interested. I am not positive if I will be there at this point.

Additionally, it was great to meet you guys. I am also appreciative of the completements on the costume. Nice to have all that work pay off particularly with the pics with the families and kids.

9. VinkFloyd

VinkFloyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    "Sorry about your luck at trivia Vinnie. Brent told me about it on the way home."

i had WAY too much stuff going on at the time. i don't even remember the question, but it was a tough one. something that not EVERYONE knows. some imperial officer's name or rank or somesuch. those on the lightside could care less about those names and ranks.

10. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    LDS, I'm in the 501st as well as this Fan Force. I'm aware of the Concord Mills Mall event. I'll be there but, it may be around 3 or 4 before I get there. Let's hope Stardog can make it as well as Kevin. It would've been cool if we would've came to the Palladium since there weren't any Tie Pilots.

11. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    LDS!!! Scored a cover shot on the Madison Messenger!!!!

SWEET!!!!

12. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    I was in the Madison Messenger...? DIdn't know. I'll have to try and find a copy. Thanks for the heads up... Have you guys checked out the carolina501st.com site? They have some pics of you up there as well. They look really good!!!

If anyone can tell me what day my pic was in the paper, I'd love to try and get a copy... Thanks.

13. LDS_Abinadi

Dec 30, 2004
    Found the messenger at the local gas station. The other guy in the pic is from madison. He was a nice guy. Thanks for the notice. Never would have know...

14. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    No problem dude!! Can you PM me your number so I can get in touch with you about the pictures I also have another copy of the messenger if you would like one.

Concord Mills!!!! Rocked!!!!! I had a blast hanging out with the 501st and taking my wife and daughter to see Star Wars. Thanks for the cool time Spooky!!!

15. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    No ... thank you dog ! Glad you came out and took some footage of the event.

16. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I hate I had to miss Concord Mills, I would have much rather been there than here at work all day, it sucked! I would love some copies of any pictures from there and from Wednesday night, I would be happy to pay for them. I am really looking forward to trooping again soon.

17. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I think Con Carolina will be the next soonest event

18. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah, Con Carolinas is super fun!

19. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Did we find out the group rates ?