main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [xbox | PS2]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadline247

Deadline247 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Just curious...can you play the DUELING section of the game as a single player (i.e., against an A.I. bot) or do you have to play against a second player?

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I bought JO used and the game manual smells like mint and it is really strong [face_sick]

3. -Nightwolf-

-Nightwolf- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    That's not a good sign, but you don't need it anyway.

4. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Single playing on the versus duelist mode will make the other player a computer opponent.

5. goincommando

goincommando Jedi Master star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    The dueling two player mode of the game is by far the high point of the game, if they added Darth Maul, Luke, Qui-Gon, Sidious, and maybe Yoda, it would be one of the best multiplayer experiences I've played.

6. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    I like playing the single player missions the best, especially "Attack of the Clones" and "The Jedi Purge" missions.

7. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    I agree with you goincommando and online would of made it cooler also.

8. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Yeah, I couldn't agree more.

This game made me hungry for a dedicated Saga lightsabre game.

9. Deadline247

Deadline247 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Single playing on the versus duelist mode will make the other player a computer opponent.

That's great news...thanks! :D

10. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I need help, on the level to kill the separatists you come to a platform and it says the separatists are on the upper level but I can't find anyway to get off the platform please help

11. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    If it is where I think you are talking about, you must throw ur lightsaber to hit the power cords, then a console will appear and you click the botton to go up.

12. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I've tried that but it doesn't reach it what do I do.

13. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Make sure you aim at the wires (so the blue comes around the wires) and then try throwing. Are you at this part?

14. Wicket_I_Love_You

Wicket_I_Love_You Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I just bought this game today and the strategy guide (mainly for the pictures) and think this is deffinetly one of faves. My 2 fav games would have to be Battlefront and this.
    If anyone has questions about the game, ask me since I have the guide. *Wink* You can PM me or just post here, cuz' I'm sure others have the guide too.

15. couture0718

couture0718 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Does anyone have any hints/tips to beating Grevious on PS2? Help would be appreciated.

16. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    To beat Greivous, you have to be ultra patient!

He dosen't stop attacking you, unless you're attacking him, of course. after he finishes a combo, strafe the hell away from him with a safe distance (try to go around him) then smack him in the back. If that doesn't work, jump away from him, then run at him and at the moment you want to hit him hold triangle or do some kind of force attack. keep doing this and he will die!

PS: you have to block all the friggin time, too!

17. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    Don't use the strong attack, O and Triangle I believe, just keep pressing SQUARE (quick attack) and constantly block. Also try throwing things (when you can) at Grievous. :D

18. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I've tried that but it doesn't reach it what do I do.

Dude, that was one of the worst parts of the game. I had to try a hundred times before I finally managed to throw my lightsaber into the wires. [face_plain]

19. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    You really have to keep Grievous at range, as said. If he gets your trapped in a corner, he'll flail away with his quick attacks and you'll get slaughtered.

Always try to make sure you don't have your back to something. If it comes to blocking, be sure to immediately strafe backward when his combo's finished and then let go of L1 to run away a bit. You can usually get close enough to get him to start a combo, leg it, then get your timing right to charge back in with a couple heavy hits or a special charged move, before getting out of range again.

Stick and move, basically. Even with a guy as slow as Vader, I've been able to beat Grievous with just a little patience.

I think Anakin and Serra are the only ones quick enough to try to out-speed Grievous' quick combos. And even then, it's probably not worth the risk.

BTW, has anyone noticed the special things characters will say according to their opponent in the Versus mode? I've had Obi-Wan mocking Old Ben, Windu telling Vader that he was going to "finish what Obi-Wan should've done 20 years ago", and so on. There seem to be a lot of these.

20. Jedi_Knight69

Jedi_Knight69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    I need help find the 3rd secret in the first mission.

Please help me.

21. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    That could be the one where, after lifting away the ship with Obi-Wan by using the Force, you walk backwards and you'll find it there.

Another one is inside that container in the last area...can't remember where the last one is.

22. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    For Grievous:

I just blocked constantly, and used the Square-Square-Triangle Combo whenever i could. Seemed like even when Grievous would block the two fast attacks, the roundhouse would always do some damage and push him back.

When you get to the point where he whips out 4 lightsabers, i just stayed the heck away from him, and waited for him to crouch down and get ready for his charge attack. Give him the old Ole routine, and then hack him with a few fast-attacks as he's recovering from his attack.

I'm stuck on Anakin. I can pretty much own him up to the point when you're on the platform hovering over the lava, and then he just takes me to School. He's got what looks to be a strong attack that has a greater range then it should that he always manages to whip out at me whenever i approach.

23. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I finally picked up the game yesterday, after waiting to rent it for two weeks and it never being available. It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be and the camera is not near as annoying or horrible as I was guessing. Overall it's great.

24. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...well, after about 4 attempts, i finally managed to defeat Anakin today...Kinda stinks cause i just barely missed getting a Master rating on him (i got my meter fully powered up, but couldn't manage to kill him before the time ran out). He was definitely my toughest duel in the game.

Had a much easier time beating Obi-Wan in the alternate ending (got an Impressive rating on him, even managing to end the duel by grabbing Kenobi, picking him up and skewering him!)

Now i just have to head back and find about 4 secrets, and then play thru the bonus missions.
    (Well, i did do the Darth Vader one already. That
    was kinda easy, though fun.)

25. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    drew ^^ thats odd. i find that anakin is killable kinda straightfowardly. i find that killin obiwan with the alternate ending is harder :S and for me. the hardest duel (or the one that took me the most attempts) was dooku. i got throo the rest in about two attempts max. YES i found grievous ok...?!

(ps2) :eek: i love this move. i just found it out today. hold L1 and rotate the right analogue stick. cool!11!!111!!!!!!!!!11!!11

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.