Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [xbox | PS2]

Discussion in 'Games' started by jp-30, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Vader101 Jedi Padawan

I think its great to finally have a good light-saber/force power game. I mean, a game based soley on fighting with light-sabers and force powers, now thats cool.
  2. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    Any chances that this hit will be released for PC as well?

I don't want to buy a game console for it.
  3. Young_Punk Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Dark_Lord102 Jedi Padawan

I agree with Anakin_Vader101. And no, I don't think it'll come out for the PC. I mean, if it was, we'd probably know about it by now right?
  5. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    Too bad. Well then I will have to search for some emulators ;)
  6. StarkRhavyn Jedi Master

star 3
    I rented this last week and, man, this the most frustrating game ever!
    I hate games where you have to sit there while your opponent does twenty combo moves on you and half you health goes away. Really takes you out of the game.
    I hate how sometimes you can block stuff and sometimes you just can't.
    I returned the game and went back to playing LegoSW and Battlefront.
  7. Darth_Ares-Lido Jedi Master

star 1
    Revenge of the Sith for PS2 is amazing. You can play as Anakin and you can actually beat Obi-Won on Mustafar, after that the most amazing cg video plays.

Not to spoil it or anything, once you win you unlock a bonus level:

Episode 4-Death Star
    Ob1 vs. Vader in that same room just outside the hanger, and OB1 is no slouch, you have to work to beat him. The combos are pretty sick, lots of nice saber action.
    Good game

B+
  8. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    anybody know how to get 100% skills?

... basically all skill points on the boss duels?

thanks.
  9. MentosFreshmaker89 Jedi Padawan

IT's a really good SW game. I love the fact that the lightsaber duels are actually lightsaber duels this time!(Raven, take note, we wanna see Jedi Knight IV with this!) THe platforming levels are so-so, really, I prefer ROTK. But, like I said, the duels are simply amazing, the best I've ever seen. I do hope they make a game focusing on the duels (like a Soul Calibur game) with more characters (love to see Qui-Gon, Luke, Aayla, Kit Fisto, Ki-adi, and most importantly, Yoda and SIdious.)
  10. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    anybody know how to get 100% skills?

... basically all skill points on the boss duels?

I've been working on this, too..

Managed to get 100% (so Master ratings) on Mace, Serra and Sin. Got an Impressive rating against Obi-Wan (as Anakin), and good ratings against Grievous, Anakin (as Obi-Wan) and Dooku.

The Master ratings that i got, i pulled off by sticking with and staying on top of my opponent as much as possible, holding down the block constantly, and delivering alot of light (square on the Ps2) attacks for the opponent to block. Trick was to just keep attacking them, even IF they block it, and not let them get any shots in on you.

The above strategy just doesn't work with Dooku. I get the sneaking suspicion that the best way to score full experience against him is to destroy a boatload of those Super Battle Droids that show up in (i think) the third leg of the duel.

It also doesn't work with Grievous, cause he's just to good, when in close, at getting in moves you can't block. He's probably the toughest one to try to figure out how to Master.

For Anakin and Obi-Wan, i found that the strategy i used to gain a Master rating on other guys works TOOO well. I always get the MASTER meter to light up WAY too early, (usually even before we jump onto the floating platform), and just don't have enough time to build it up again before the Opponent dies. I KNOW max experience CAN be done with these guys, it's just a matter of pacing yourself.
  11. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    so you have to KILL them while in master mode?

hmmm, i was thinking this but haven't gotten it done yet.

also i can't pull off any of the finishing moves people talk about.
  12. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    so you have to KILL them while in master mode?

hmmm, i was thinking this but haven't gotten it done yet.

Yep, you have to be in Master mode to kill them.

also i can't pull off any of the finishing moves people talk about.

Well, i think the first step is making sure you've used your experience points to unlock the ability to use them.

After that, it's just a case of practicing. I found picking them up and skewering them with the lightsaber was the easiest to pull off (often times without even trying to do it! I just used the Circle attack alot, when i got their health down low enough)

It should be noted that you CAN do the finishing moves without actually killing them (IE their health just wasn't low enough). I've picked up quite a few people and droids and skewered them, and then dropped them back down and had them keep attacking me...
  13. True_Killer Jedi Knight

star 2
    I bouhgt it..I like it a lot..Still like both of the KOTOR better..

I beat this game in one full day..
  14. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    i did it!

thanks for the info.
    i got gg too. all you gotta do is is avoid being hit.
    it's not that easy but it's possible.
  15. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    Ha! Good stuff!

Now, have you tried doing it with the couple of duals you have in the bonus missions?

I can get Master in the Vader vs. Ben battle, but i'm having a devil of a time even FINISHING the Grievous vs. Obi-Wan battle.

16. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    no not yet.

i'm still gonna work on pulling off some sweet finishers.
    i always play on hard as well so i'm usually just trying to survive at that point.
  17. darth_berryboy Jedi Master

star 1
    There may already be a question about this, but with 50+ pages, I haven't had time to look at all of them. I have read that several of you have gotten good-masterful ratings when fighting some of the jedi bosses, i.e. mace, cin, etc. I have tried several times to accomplish this, but have not been able to get anything above fair. Does anybody have any suggestions????

I do fight a fairly defensive style and couter-attack alot, could that be my problem?
  18. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    read the middle of this page.
  19. DarthBane93 Force Ghost

star 4
    What do you get if you have every level full experience?

Does it unlock extra multiplayer characters or bonus missions?

Or does it unlock more moves for the characters?

I am almost done the game, so I am wondering if its worth going back to redo the earlier missions?

What about finding all the secrets in each level? What does that give you?

Thanks.
  20. sith1137 Jedi Master

star 4
    "What do you get if you have every level full experience? "
    Um just extra strength/power i think.

"Does it unlock extra multiplayer characters or bonus missions? "
    nope

"Or does it unlock more moves for the characters? "
    Nope

I am almost done the game, so I am wondering if its worth going back to redo the earlier missions?
    Nope

What about finding all the secrets in each level? What does that give you?
    Not a damn thing

Well i just beat it. And im dissapointed. The controlls sucked at times. The storyline was often way off from the movie, although some of it was really good, some of the graphics were glitchy, not enough game play time.
    I dont quite agree w/ IGN and their 4.5 rating, but it certainly isnt worth a 10.
    Damn, i should have rented Jade Empire instead.
  21. Nal_Hutta Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey all, Im just wondering if someone can please tell me how to do finishing moves/critical strikes to finish off jedi and boss. I have it on XBOX. thanks for any help
  22. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Nal_Hutta posted on 6/18/05 7:07pm

/>

Not sure what you mean?

Also, has anyone figured out if I can get the "alternate" apperances for characters when playing in one player mode? I don't know why, but I'd like to play as Anakin with hood/red saber. :)

~Vassago/>/>
  23. LordRevan19 Force Ghost

star 4
    You can only get the alternate costumes if you are the second player, can't get them any way else.

Good Stuff
  24. plo_koom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The secrets permanently encrease your stats Mr.Know it all.
  25. LSF45 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey guys, if this question has already been asked, then my bad, but...

In the VS. mode, if you play as the same character, lets just use Anakin Skywalker for example, then you get a light side version and a dark side version. Its really cool, and I was just wondering if there was any button you could press (Like in Mortal Kombat) where you can play as the alternate look instead of the original. Any answers would be greatly apperciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.