main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [xbox | PS2]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I just beat ROTS a day ago in one night , a buddy and I just played so much. I personally love that game. I totally disagree with the fans that say its one of those games that you beat and wouldn't want to go through again. In the morning , I played some more duels in the game and just fooled around a bit . Oh and don't think I'm an idiot for beating the game right away because we only rented it . The game has it's bad stuff like graphics and not much freedom but I love it . I still want there to be a SW game where it has the most realistic dueling like one hit kill . I understand why they don't make that , it would so soon and no point . Oh but wait, throughout the whole duel. you should just force powers and blocking each other until one person gets the kill shot in. The closest realism is like the Jedi knight titles but ROTS dueling is my favourite .

2. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    my only problem with this game (besides the voice acting) is that it didn't seem finished. Technically, its "incomplete" unfinished shots and no ep3 soundtrack. Yeah, I know its good marketing to put the game out before the movie for good hpe, but It should've been released after, and more finished. This game had a lot of potential to be the greates SW game ever, and its not. Don't get me wrong, I really love this game, but I feel it could be more.

3. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    What do you meen ? It fulfilled what the movie had at the ending and other parts too, maybe you meen for it to be extended on some of the parts ?

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I kinda' doubt that it would have been the "greatest SW game ever."

SW has a bad line-up of video games. And the best are pretty hard to beat--KotOR, Outcast (so i hear), Rogue Squadron...

5. JediJuddus

JediJuddus Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    Is the "stances" in the beta version,ps2 or sold anywhere apart from australia? if so whare can i get it

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    My biggest problem with the game is that you play different version on the x-box, Nintendo DS, and the Wireless version. You don't really play as Yoda as in the wireless, you don't really fly any ships unless you play the DS version. Overall, good game tie-in for the movie, but bad marketing and build-up. To me a dissapointment following the sucess of Battlefront, Republic Commando, and the Lego game.

7. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I didn't mind this game. The Jedi Temple level was awesome, :D , until I had to shoot down the fighters. [face_frustrated]

8. jedi-master-kev

jedi-master-kev Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    what a disappointment of a game. I hated it so much, terrible voice acting, poor graphics and stupid gameplay

9. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    You know I'm one of the worlds worst gamers. I hate analyzing my opponents styles and I despise honing my skills at the various movies. RotS doesn't give you any choice when it comes to winning. It forces you to learn your opponents style and adjust accordingly and to beat Jedi you have to become skilled at the combos.

It took me forever to beat General Grievous because I just wanted to leap in and pound the snot out of him. But if you go after GG head first he's going to kill you bad. So I sort of did a hit and run thing with him. I'd wait till he was all swung out then run in and slash at him and then run away. My patience learning his moves served me well as when I beat him I screamed so loud the Earth shook.

I was proud. :)

Then I had to go up against Mace Windu and figured I do the same thing I did with GG. But it didn't work. Mace was far more aggressive in battle than Grievous. If I ran and hid he'd come after me or he'd mind trick me or pretty much ruin my day. So I'd meet him head-to-head but I didn't know any moves other than the basic so he killed me pretty fast. So I learned the moves. I learned how to Force throw crap at him. I learned some combos and in time, much faster than it took me to beat Grievous, I defeated that Jedi.

But during the battle something changed in me. I realized that perhaps the Jedi are evil and the Sith are good. The Dark Side is stronger and I'm much happier killing Jedi.

My Master told me to "Do what must be done" and I entered the temple. To my surprise me I became more powerful than any Jedi. Lightning flew from my fingertips and Padawan fell at my feet. Oh so many upstarts fell to me blade that day. This blue skinned brute with a double-sided lightsaber and his twin brother thought to take me.

Foolish that.

Tonight a battle this little girl Jedi with two lightsabers, and what a battle that will be. I'll see to it that she dies well.

My masters command must be fulfilled!

10. CountCuckoo

CountCuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    That had to be my favorite level

11. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    The game was good but it missed so many things
    1.Co-Op levels for the story mode.
    2.You play as the major characters in the film like yoda missions where you fight as Kaswykk.
    3.Sidious,Yoda,quigon,maul,plo koon,ki adi,kit, saesse and agen kolar.
    4.More levels as i thought the 1st level should be the space battle.

But overall the game is good and should be rated at 84%

12. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I don't think it is as bad as people are saying.

13. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    Nor did I. I didn't have to spend a cent to get this game either. The week before RotS came out my work held a contest. They wanted us to write an essay about "Why are you the biggest Star Wars fan" and I was a winner. I got a Darth Vader gift bag that included the RotS game, RotS controller, Obi-Wan lightsaber and a Darth Vader mask.

14. __Jedi__

__Jedi__ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    i know this is really old, but how the hell do you beat Anakin without using cheats? what techniques do you use?

15. Master_Jedi_Singh

Jul 13, 2005
    I just chucked things at him and always held L1 so you block his moves. Use a combination on quick/strong slashes and occasionally use the lunge attack as it is very effective.

16. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I also threw those explosives at him and blocked a fair amount , I threw him around a lot and stunned him.

I really think the game is under-rated, I would for sure play throught again and again.

17. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    How did Cin Drallig know about becoming one with the force?

18. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    What are you talking about ?

19. Master_Jedi_Singh

Jul 13, 2005
    He says that after you kill Seria and you are about the start fighting him.

I think he means something else like his soul will be at rest but i think Yoda Obi Wan and Qui Gon had a differnt understanding.

20. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Oh yah , I remember now.

21. __Jedi__

__Jedi__ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    what are youre techniques for beating Grievous? i always seem to almost beat him to where hes only got a little bit of life, then he just goes off on me with that spinning saber move and takes all my power. even if i have most of my power in that last bit of the battle and he has a little, he still manages to beat me.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Go all-out on the offensive until you get some damage, then retreat and heal. Wash, rinse, and repeat. Also make sure you know where all the bonuses are.

23. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I beat Grievous on my first try, I just gave him what I had , I use force a lot. It sucks how I an't toss GG around like I did Anakin :p . I love facing off with GG, it's awesome .

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    You can't really grab him with the Force, but you can knock him down briefly.

25. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Prescisly . He is an awesome opponent though.

Who do you guys like dueling the most in the game ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.