main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA STAR WARS: EPISODE III - REVENGE OF THE SITH

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by skh12, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Hare

Jedi_Master_Hare Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Update: I called Hastings and the Valley Wal*Mart and here it is: the two Hastings locations (Division and Wellesley), $19.99 and the Valley Wal*Mart is $14.84 and 19.96 for their E3 DVD with bonus DVD. There are the prices, vote on where we want to go. I am on a limited budget, so I think I know which place I'm going.

2. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    I vote for Wal-Mart, mostly because it seems to be a central location (another important consideration).
    Has anyone called the Valley Wal-Mart to see if there might be any objections to our presence?

3. Jedi_Master_Hare

Apr 10, 2005
    They (Wal*Mart) don't mind us at all, it's just the TV news part I have to work out, but I'm holding off till it's a sure thing that we're going there. And speaking of which, is there a prefered channel that we want to be reported by? It seems that KXLY has an interest in our group, Bloomsday, Episode 3 Midnight Premire. I'll see if I have enough time to contact KHQ and FOX (they're the same). The only thing about FOX is that they are a 10:00 news channel; how long do we want to be at the store for? Input please.

4. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    WAKE UP EVERYONE, Has anyone bothered to ask if the stores are doing anything SPECIAL??? LISTEN TO THIS, the Wellsley Hastings is having a COSTUME CONTEST where the winner gets an 18" Darth Vader action figure... PLUS they're letting customers play demos of Battlefront 2 before they release it! Come on! This is perfect, screw Wal Mart and their underpriced merchandise, if you all want it so bad for cheap I'll bring extra cash and make up the difference for you, jeez. WE SHOULD NOT be examining who has the best deal, but who has the best plans, where will we get more exposure? How many fans do you think will show up at Wal Mart? I see us being a lonely crowd if we do Wal Mart, my vote goes for the Wellsley Hastings, It just sounds like more fun and better exposure.

5. Jedi_Master_Hare

Apr 10, 2005
    I spoke with Hastings twice and they didn't mention anything about a costume contest, but then again, I didn't ask. True, there might be more people at Hastings, but how many? The advantage of going to Hastings would have would be that those who need to get in costume, (TKs) might have a place to do so. Those who haven't voted, please do so ASAP.

6. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    My preference, in order of severity, is...

1) The Hastings with the costume contest. Better recruitment possibilities here, we'd know who the uberfans are.
    2) The Valley Wal*Mart. If I save $6, I might as well go action-figure shopping.

7. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    If the Hastings is having a costume contest then I'm all for it.

8. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    Hmm, I say the costume contest...BUT I'm not buying Ep III, I just want Battlefront II for the X-Box and Office Space Special Edition.

Nick

9. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Heh, sorry if my above post sounded a bit harsh, it was 5:20 and my cats woke me up... and I remembered that I'd forgot to post that earlier. But I do think that Hastings is just a better way to go, it caters to entertainment, and they're actually having an event that night.

10. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    I agree that Hastings is a good way to go. I think a costume contest would be doubly so. We just need to be sure that it's cool with everyone in the group (here I go being a diplomat again :) ). And cost is a factor to consider.

Also, have we heard news regarding the logo?

11. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    I sure wish this was mentioned earlier. Alright im going with Hastings.

12. Jedi_Master_Hare

Apr 10, 2005
    It looks like we're going to the Wellesley Hastings. Now, with that out of the way, what time do we meet? Casey, I asked my sister if you could change at her house and she approved, then I could drive you there if you want.

13. TK-3374

TK-3374 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    Sounds good to me. How about 10:00-10:30PM meet there at the Hastings. Please try to show up between those times. It is a little early but with a costume contest i think it will be worth it.

14. Jordi-WanKenobi20

Jordi-WanKenobi20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    So Wellsley, sorry for mispelling, Hastings right? Off subject but, I really need some black tall boots for my costume, any ideas? Thank you

15. skh12

skh12 Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2005
    currently with halloween and our normal prep for the holidays we will not be having a midnight opening for swIII, i tried my best

the official word is, we will be open @ 8am on Nov, 1,

so if any of you could show up whenever you can, costumes would be great, most of the staff will be in costume.

it's still gonna be a huge release and were gonna have great fun with it.

see you there

Best Buy #362 north newport hwy

16. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I think we'll all try to make it there at some point during the day. ;)

17. skh12

skh12 Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2005
    thanks alot, should be alot of fun

18. Jordi-WanKenobi20

Nov 11, 2004
    So are we going at midnight anywhere tomorrow (Mon. Halloween)for the DVD Midnight release or what?[face_peace] :)

19. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    The groups midnight location is the Hastings on Wellsley.

20. Jordi-WanKenobi20

Nov 11, 2004
    What time do we want to show up?

21. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Not to sound harsh, but, if you'd take the time to read the whole thread you'll notice that all the info is already there, instead of asking people to repost the info. Just a pet peave of most forum users ;) But, the ETA for Hastings will be around 10:30 pm, If I remember correctly. :D

22. Jordi-WanKenobi20

Nov 11, 2004
    Dang my pride of feeling expierienced. My bad I will try not to let it happen I can understand how that can be annoying. Thanx for the heads up.

23. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    haha [face_laugh]

some people juggle geese...

24. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Oh, um, I is making new flyers for tonight, they're still B&W since I don't have either the time or the money to make them color :(

25. Jedi_Master_Hare

Apr 10, 2005
    If I remember correctly, we are to meet there between 10:00 and 10:30. It would be nice for everyone to show up between those two times so we can have more fun together! See you all there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.