main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI STAR WARS Episode III Title Revealed

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'm sure that everyone has seen it by now, but I wanted to open up discussion of what you think about it.

The title ( if you have been living in a cave or something like that lately) is "STAR WARS:Revenge of the Sith".
    And "yes" it is official. No more rumors or any other gossip about it. That is it.

So what do you think about this?
    Should it have been something else?
    Perhaps something more dramatic, such as "Rise of the Empire" or something else similar?
    Perhaps something more comedic, like "The Sith Shall Rise Again"

Anyway, I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

2. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I like it, I've been one of the people who have suported the name among several Boards.

But basied on the last two I thought that maybe he'd come up with some odd name.

3. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Come on... This is the same Lucas that felt 'Revenge' was too violent a word and changed the title to Return of the Jedi.

I think it's going to get changed before the release date.

4. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah, I like it. I just got a Revenge of the Jedi shirt off ebay. So I want to get the new Revenge of the Sith one now. I really like it, and think of it as a nod to the Revenge of the Jedi title that was changed.

Forcebewitya!

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    He thought Revenge wasn't the right title for the third movie as it didn't fit with the Jedi way of thinking.
    Now Revenge better suits the Sith

6. AnakinsAngel4

AnakinsAngel4 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2004
    I agree with ROGUE_NINER. Since the Jedi Code is completely against dark emotions, it would make no sense to have the title, "Revenge of the Jedi",but it would be perfectly logical for the Sith. I was at the San Diego Comic-Con and I don't think that Mr. Lucas went through all the trouble of having Mr. Sansweet announce it, if he was going to change his mind. I think that this is one area where he wouldn't want to step on the fans' toes. Also Mr. Sansweet did make a joke about how it would not be changed again. I like the title;very fitting it is...by the way Forcebewitya, was your "Revenge of the Jedi" shirt an offical Star Wars or a company jumping the gun? Just curious that maybe my above stated opinion is wrong...'difficult to see, the' "past" 'is,the dark side clouds everything'.

May the Force Be with Us All!!!!!!!!

7. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I just wonder why Lucas suddenly became concerned with stepping on the fans' toes... It's not like it bothered him before. :confused:

8. AnakinsAngel4

Jun 30, 2004
    Hi, sorry it took so long to answer back. It is my humble opinion, however wrong it may be, that Mr. Lucas does care about what we all think and that he's not totally about money, just a perfectionist. For some who dearly love the Original Trilogies, anything that does not fit with what their imagination dreamt, have a very hard time with the Prequals;it's certainly understandable. And from information heard several months ago, I certainly understand why people would be upset when he switches something from red to blue, etc. (That might not be quoted exactly right, but you get the picture). The time, money and effort seems very wasteful and in "our" eyes, maybe it is. But as one who can be totally crazy about details,to the point where I think of little else, I understand, (I think)where he's coming from.

I also believe that he truly wants us to enjoy the journey...whatever thoughts we have, be it good or bad, it's his way of making a difference. These are his babies, however well he writes(or doesn't,he's admitted as much),I would like to think our opinion counts. Maybe that's naive', but I really think he wants to reach the kid in all of us, that he wants our opinions to be positive, that he wants to share. Maybe he was never sure it would get this big, maybe I'm just hokey, but I think he listens to the fans,and then if he agrees, goes with the flow and if not, changes what he wants, because of his perfectionism,not to displease all of us.

Anyway, I guess this was a long version as to why I think that, and don't be too brutal please!!!! I have been a fan since I was 7 1/2 and I'll be 35 this week. I enjoy the old, new & EU equally...I think they stand on their own. Anyway, I'd like to think that "we" all had a voice in Mr. Lucas' mind when he came up with the title.

Take care and May the Force Be with Us All!!!!!!

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    It is true that everyone is entitled to their opinions. They can even state their opinions publicly. I have no problem with that at all.

I do think that you are partially correct when saying that G. Lucas cares about our opinions, ideas, thoughts or whatever input we, as fans, may have.

I believe that he does hear our thoughts on what has been done and what we think should be done in his films.
    However, I do think that most of those thoughts are often looked at and put aside when he puts his story together.

EXAMPLE:

<GL>: "OK, what do the people say today?"

<Assistant>: "This is the list of thoughts and ideas they have." Hands the list to GL.

<GL>: Looks the list over closely. "Interesting stuff." Gives the list back. "OK, back to work." Continues on with what he had in mind already.

I highly doubt he would be handed an actual list, but I do think he hears what we think and considers it for a moment. I really doubt what we think would change something in one of his films though.

As far as the money goes, he has plenty and probably doesn't worry much about it. What he probably cares most about is what comes from the box office. The merchandising is probably enough, by itself, to fund his films, so what comes from the box office is pure profit and is more of a status thing for him that a money thing.

Of course he COULD change the title of Episode 3. It's his movie and he will do what he wants with it. Even if the fans will protest until they are blue in the face, he could change it. There will always be some fan somewhere critisizing him no matter what he does. He knows that and has accepted it. I think we should accept it as well.

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I really doubt what we think would change something in one of his films though.

I feel inclined to agree. I mean to be totally honest, if I was making SW I would do whatever the heck I wanted. I mean it is his movie, and as much as we wish it was ours it's not. There are things that I wish could be changed in the prequels, and things that I wish hadn't been changed in the SE. But in the end I am content with SW thus far.

Oh, and the shirt is not an official Lucasfilm version unfortunately. I had the chance to get some official Revenge of the Jedi stuff at an auction two years ago, but it went up to high. I eventually hope to get some more Revenge of the Jedi stuff, but for now....I like my shirt official or not :D

And Welcome btw AnakinsAngel4. I haven't seen you here before. Do you live int the Madison area? if so thats awesome. We're always looking for more people. And if someone has already asked you this forgive me....I kinda dropped off the face of the net for a few days, so I'm a little out of it :p

Forcebewitya!

11. AnakinsAngel4

Jun 30, 2004
    Hi Rick_Sith & Forcebewitya. I really enjoyed reading your opinions and I'm glad I have others to share my ideas with. I know I drive my husband nuts sometimes although he thinks it's cool that I've been talking in some of the forums.

Rick_Sith-Wouldn't it be kind of funny if Mr. Lucas DID get a list of our opinions every day??!!!The visual I got was amusing. I just decided I wanted to appreciate the great gift he's given us, but I do love discussing everything about SW and what we think he thinks. What would be so cool, would be to run into him someday, by accident and be able to say thanks, not just for the movies, but for the advances in tech. and wanting to share his dreams and not give up or compromise in his beliefs(when he was first starting out-that he held true to his vision).I wish he'd come to C3, but he would be just swarmed.

Forcebewitya-I love to collect anything Star Wars, so I can understand you loving the shirt anyway!!!I actually discovered theforce.net about three months ago, researching about a costume. I gradually discovered the Fan Force end itsself about a month later. I 've been monitoring a couple of forums and decided it might be fun to talk. I actually started talking on a R.I. one first because that's where I grew up. I PMed ToxicNed a couple of weeks ago to see what I had to do to participate around here. I have a very busy schedule;I live in Sun Prairie, so even if I don't make a monthly meeting, I plan to attend FilmCon 4.5, so maybe I'll meet some of you there. Anyway, I'll just have to see. I loved FilmCon 4;It was a blast!!

Anyway, here's to hoping ROTS stays that way!!!!

May the Force Be with Us All!!!

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well you're welcome here! Thats cool that you were at Filmcon 4. I was there as well, in costume as Corran Horn. So it's also cool to have another costumer. What costume are you planning on doing? Anyway as far as the meetings and stuff go it's not a big deal if you make 'em or not. Come if you have the time though, because like I said we are trying to increase our Force here. Well good to here from you.

Forcebewitya!

13. AnakinsAngel4

Jun 30, 2004
    Thanks for the welcome, Forcebewitya!!! If your look at my avatar, the dress of Padme's in that segment was the one I'm working on. I did not want to make it just because I think it's beautiful, I also believe that conversation is important to where Anakin's thoughts are heading and also because I feel that it reflects on OUR society's political system. I would like (if time & money allows) to do a Darth Vader costume as well a couple of others. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I'll try to keep stopping here to say hello and see what's new.

Take care and May the Force be with You!!!!

14. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    heh, thats funny, I choose my avatar based on my costume as well. Because it kinda looks like me with my hood up in a rage of fury. I thought it was cool

Forcebewitya!

15. AnakinsAngel4

Jun 30, 2004
    Very cool, Forcebewitya!!!!! I love the avatars. I know that sounds silly, but it's interesting to me how some peoples' match their name or an ideal, etc. It's like with the Fan Force groups' names. I think the Madison one is very clever;I like the one from my home state, the Rhode Squadron. It sounds very fitting. I just love how many different ways people find a way to take pleasure in the universe that is Star Wars. All that creativity out there is mind-boggling. now that I sound very weird,(ha,ha!!), I'm going to sign off.

May the Force be with You!!!

16. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Its cool to see all names and such, gives a peek at the personality of the person

17. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Don't know if I said it before, but I like the name of Episode 3. Revenge of the Sith is fitting, given the history behind the Republic and the Jedi.
    It also fits in with how Lucas has been naming his films.

Anyway... We could meet ( see BIG September topic) and discuss all of this further.

18. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Yeah thats a good idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.